• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs Tipster. I really lost focus in those last few. I think I discovered a way to escape Metal Blade grabs on hit, but I forgot to do it a lot.

You guys stay up too late for this. I mean, I guess Saturday nights aren't exactly everyone's stay-home time but still. >.>;;;

I-I wish I wasn't too into Melee today to play doubles with you all...
Spring break baby!

GGs Tipster. I really lost focus in those last few. I think I discovered a way to escape Metal Blade grabs on hit, but I forgot to do it a lot.

Spring break baby!

Good games for sure! I was getting kind of sloppy myself, I'm pretty wiped out too!

Do you mean spot dodging? That can work, for sure. But it depends on how many times the blade hits you.

Edit: Shamrock likes to block it and then short hop neutral air with Ness. It's a quick punish on the grab when it's shielded. Not sure if Bowser has an equally as fast move. Though that's on block, not on hit.

Good games for sure! I was getting kind of sloppy myself, I'm pretty wiped out too!

Do you mean spot dodging? That can work, for sure. But it depends on how many times the blade hits you.

Edit: Shamrock likes to block it and then short hop neutral air with Ness. It's a quick punish on the grab when it's shielded. Not sure if Bowser has an equally as fast move. Though that's on block, not on hit.
Nah, Bowser's jump seems to have a lot more startup frames.

If it hits, I can actually Dair and it seems to activate the windbox to push you back. I did it a few times against you with success. I don't know if it works at all %, though.

Edit: Also, Ness has a much smaller hitbox than me, and he doesn't have the worst dash in the game. :p

What really kills me isn't the projectiles, though, but just how sank slippery Megaman is. Gah. His jumps might be the best in the game for fake-outs.

Nah, Bowser's jump seems to have a lot more startup frames.

If it hits, I can actually Dair and it seems to activate the windbox to push you back. I did it a few times against you with success. I don't know if it works at all %, though.

Oh, that's actually pretty cool if it works. I didn't really notice, I'll have to keep my eyes open for it next time.

Cronox

Banned
I can't find anyone better than me online right now, FG or Anther's Ladder ;_;

Edit: why is it that when I'm looking for a challenge I find nothing but people worse than me on FG, and when I'm looking to relax I find really good ones? First world smash problems, I know.

All of his normals were different. It'd add more in the level of falco than dr Mario.

Plus he my boy

Well, Falco's my boy/bird, so I gotta respect that. I just wonder, is the appeal of adding Lucas really higher than a newcomer?

I feel like people are thinking about how Lucas was in Brawl, obviously, since that's the only game he was in. If Falco had been cut, I would also be thinking about Brawl Falco, and I'd be pissed about him getting cut. However, since I've played Sm4sh Falco, and he's not as good, I'm ambivalent. I wonder if hypothetical Sm4sh Lucas would be similarly nerfed.

I'm imagining people playing a new Lucas and being unimpressed, relative to his Brawl incarnation. But that's just one possibility.

Keep them ideas coming!

Well, Falco's my boy/bird, so I gotta respect that. I just wonder, is the appeal of adding Lucas really higher than a newcomer?

I feel like people are thinking about how Lucas was in Brawl, obviously, since that's the only game he was in. If Falco had been cut, I would also be thinking about Brawl Falco, and I'd be pissed about him getting cut. However, since I've played Sm4sh Falco, and he's not as good, I'm ambivalent. I wonder if hypothetical Sm4sh Lucas would be similarly nerfed.

I'm imagining people playing a new Lucas and being unimpressed, relative to his Brawl incarnation. But that's just one possibility.

Keep them ideas coming!

Lucas didn't have any tools like Falco's autocancel laser or instant meteor smash. Maybe they would nerf the hitbox or the power of his up smash, but that's all I can think of.

I would like Ice Climbers back the most, just because they are veterans and have a unique style of play.

I want to hurt him every time he calls Sakurai "daddy". What the fuck is wrong with him?
Etika gets really excited over stuff lol, that's just part of his character I think.
May flash adaptor works sufficiently, right?
Yeah, from what I hear there should be no difference.
Bout to finish my 20th or so playthrough of Earthbound. So depressing it has to end =(
Shamrock I am going to buy the game and play through it just so I can develop a proper opinion on it and disappoint you no matter what it is.

Anyone around to play? Karsticles did you find anyone?

I will play in about 5 min

Shamrock I am going to buy the game and play through it just so I can develop a proper opinion on it and disappoint you no matter what it is.

Haha just take the game slow, talk to everyone, and enjoy it. I consider it more of an experience than a game. It has deep themes that just aren't prevalent in most videogames.

There's some pretty silly technology where Falco's Fast Fire Bird custom used at the correct angle gives him no landing lag as well as momentum on landing. It already happened on sloped surfaces with regular Fire Bird for him and Fox, but apparently this works on flat surfaces.

gHFlG.gif

Haven't tried it yet.

Cronoc, I dont think the full hop air dodge tech on battlefield actually works like that poster thinks. It isn't cancelling anything, you just recover and can do a move.

I spent the last hour practitcing playing Bowser with no A moves so I can do better against Blackmage.

I can't play until tomorrow evening.

I get curved in here at least three times a week. You get used to it.
Hahaha. Want to play, Trey?

I just discovered that Crash Bomb has no knockback if Bowser is running when it pops, even at over 100%.God, the Megaman matchup is so counterintuitive. I have to run into projectiles to win.

Vena

There's some pretty silly technology where Falco's Fast Fire Bird custom used at the correct angle gives him no landing lag as well as momentum on landing. It already happened on sloped surfaces with regular Fire Bird for him and Fox, but apparently this works on flat surfaces.

gHFlG.gif

Haven't tried it yet.

Ya this thing is pretty fucking awesome lol. We've been trying to learn it at the Uni club, the input is very strict.

Grab the buzzsaw instead of blocking it. Use that to approach

Can't at this moment, maybe later this evening?
Easier said than done. Bowser has many more pre-jump frames than Ness. I have to predict the saw if we are mid-range from one another. I recognize this is the best strategy, though.

Top Bottom