• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Puruzi

Banned
How can you both not think he is weird and off-putting in his behavior? He acts like a derranged toddler. I will never understand how people relate to these infantile YouTube personalities.

lNan9ip.jpg
Etika is fun.

Easier said than done. Bowser has many more pre-jump frames than Ness. I have to predict the saw if we are mid-range from one another. I recognize this is the best strategy, though.

You don't have to jump to grab it. When the buzzsaw is about to hit you, tap A. You will grab it. Totally disrupts Mega Man players that rely on it as their main approach.

You don't have to jump to grab it. When the buzzsaw is about to hit you, tap A. You will grab it. Totally disrupts Mega Man players that rely on it as their main approach.
Even if he jumps before throwing it? The blade always hits me when I try to grab it if he jumped beforehand and I am grounded.

That ness was pretty bad, bit maybe im just used to shamrock
I have played Ness "mains", and I think "do you even know what you are doing?" We have some great players here. I dance all over local Ness and Megaman mains because I am used to facing Shamrock and Blackmage.

I have played Ness "mains", and I think "do you even know what you are doing?" We have some great players here. I dance all over local Ness and Megaman mains because I am used to facing Shamrock and Blackmage.

For real, every time I play people who main Ness or Megaman, it always feels like Shamrock let the computer take over or Tipster decided to see what happens when he gives someone a controller and explains how to Megaman.

I need to play more Ness and Megaman players.

The Official Custom Moveset Project has reached its first official release for EVO! Check out these movesets that'll be put to use in one of, if not the biggest Sm4sh tournament of the year.

DooD1234

For real, every time I play people who main Ness or Megaman, it always feels like Shamrock let the computer take over or Tipster decided to see what happens when he gives someone a controller and explains how to Megaman.

I need to play more Ness and Megaman players.

The Official Custom Moveset Project has reached its first official release for EVO! Check out these movesets that'll be put to use in one of, if not the biggest Sm4sh tournament of the year.
Shit, most Ness players on FG just hug the corner and wait to shield grab you or PK fire spam. Most don't even know Ness Nair exists.

jnWake

Seriously competitive players will have to learn so many movesets haha. It'll be crazy. I have a hard time remembering normal movesets when fighting against other people, I can't even begin to think about remembering all customs.

SoldnerKei

not really feeling it right now lol

Ganontruck seems fun too, didn't know about using upB on waking up opponents, good trick to add to my game

SoldnerKei

Haha, maybe Lylat Cruise and Sheik don't mix.

seems like not lol

and damn, I joke around with WFT and Dark Souls' Solaire because of Sun salutation, but those customs totally look like DS' spells xD it was fun getting hit by Wrath of Gods in smash too lol

edit: Shoryuken on the face lol :c

FluxWaveZ

yeah, sorta, and damn... Sonic is... you know, fast lol

2 more games for me Flux

You know, when you spend 30 minutes to an hour straight going against a lvl 9 cpu in training mode at 1.5x speed, the game starts feeling like it's going in slow motion.

And got it, this is the last one.

Edit: That was a close one, ggs.

SoldnerKei

You know, when you spend 30 minutes to an hour straight going against a lvl 9 cpu in training mode at 1.5x speed, the game starts feeling like it's going in slow motion.

And got it, this is the last one.

Edit: That was a close one, ggs.

reaaally close one, GGs Flux, it's been a while since we played, your Sonic hella good just as I remember, it was fun!

Anyone have tips against a GOOD Little Mac as a Ike player ?

I play against one, and he can spam smash all he wants, I just can't punish that, my move are too slow and I can't even grab him.

The Adder

Banned
There was jack shit I could do against that Ness on Battlefield, good god. I'm wondering how I'll fair on an omega stage.

EDIT: Answer. Much better. Not well. Much better.

Boney

Banned
Anyone up for some games? Ranbats especially.

Also, Boney, if you have the time at some point, I'd like a rematch at some point.
You mean ranbats wise? Sure I have no problem. I've been sick all week so I wasn't able to get the adaptor and my internet is really wonky today, so an official rematch isn't gonna do much.

No problems with friendlies though

The Adder

Banned
You mean ranbats wise? Sure I have no problem. I've been sick all week so I wasn't able to get the adaptor and my internet is really wonky today, so an official rematch isn't gonna do much.

No problems with friendlies though

I don't have any ranbats with you, just meant friendlies.

Boney

Banned
Anyone have tips against a GOOD Little Mac as a Ike player ?

I play against one, and he can spam smash all he wants, I just can't punish that, my move are too slow and I can't even grab him.
That's gonna be a real tough match up because of Ike's slow tilts and mac's super armor. I'd recommend trying to do short hops air dodges to close in the distance to get to grab and trying to do cross ups with neutral air. Forward air if you're hitting it with enough height can be good for jump ins I suppose. Also, you're gonna have to spot dodge those f smashes and go for a jab combo. Back airs are gonna be real good to catch them by surprise, try doing them retreating and as advancing.
The most important things are gonna be. Never try trading with him, you'll lose. And never let him get back on stage. Fair is gonna be great, but you'll also want to anticipate air dodges and go for the delayed dair.

Ah right, counter is a very good option as well.

I don't have any ranbats with you, just meant friendlies.
Ah! Wasn't sure why you were singling me out. Now I'm all fuzzy. Anytime!

The Adder

Banned
GGs, dude. I was pretty much wrecked. Also, I think you're the only person I've played so far and ended up making my Lucario look less shitty than my Dedede.

Boney, up for that rematch?

Anyone up for matches?

Counter.

I thought about that but at some point it became too predictable and besides, Ike's counter is slooooooooooow, it caught my opponent off guard once but way too slow to be a reliable solution

That's gonna be a real tough match up because of Ike's slow tilts and mac's super armor. I'd recommend trying to do short hops air dodges to close in the distance to get to grab and trying to do cross ups with neutral air. Forward air if you're hitting it with enough height can be good for jump ins I suppose. Also, you're gonna have to spot dodge those f smashes and go for a jab combo. Back airs are gonna be real good to catch them by surprise, try doing them retreating and as advancing.
The most important things are gonna be. Never try trading with him, you'll lose. And never let him get back on stage. Fair is gonna be great, but you'll also want to anticipate air dodges and go for the delayed dair.

Sounds great, I already try to do a lot of aerial move but I don't know when I should use them. But how do you use Bair while advancing ?

Top Bottom