• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I need to learn to use the c-stick for my tilts. It happens far to often that I do an fsmash when I want to do an ftilt with Dedede. And since his fsmash is slow as fuck it almost always ends bad for me (or my teammate :p)

CrazyDreamer

Neo Member
I finally got my Wii U connection hardlined so my connection is fantastic. If anyone wants to play later I'll throw my NNID out there.

NNID : Baums101

Zareka

Is 1v1 For Glory seriously the only online mode that has stock matches? I at least expected all of FG to be stock but it's all 2 min smash.

Krogan

Is there a faster way to see all the custom moves I've unlocked other than having to select each character and go into check?

Jobbs

Banned
Is 1v1 For Glory seriously the only online mode that has stock matches? I at least expected all of FG to be stock but it's all 2 min smash.

online features are extremely, extremely limited in this game. makes me sad. you get the feeling nintendo only begrudgingly offers any online at all, and would prefer not to.

MrPanic

online features are extremely, extremely limited in this game. makes me sad. you get the feeling nintendo only begrudgingly offers any online at all, and would prefer not to.

I'm sure the tournament mode will gonna save us all, if it gives us the freedom to set up everything similar to how MK8 did it, we all be playing in the neogaf tournaments exclusively. Do we have any idea when the tournament mode is coming out?

beta_fuse

Please tell me someone from Bracket 1 is available to play our Ranbat matches? I've been waiting all week for a new opponent, I'm getting antsy lol

Cømet

Banned
Getting pretty tired of fighting Little Macs. I can beat em sure, but they're so dull and predictable.

For fun smash is rapidly becoming more fun to play than for glory.

Jobbs

Banned
Cømet;145275991 said:
Getting pretty tired of fighting Little Macs. I can beat em sure, but they're so dull and predictable.

For fun smash is rapidly becoming more fun to play than for glory.

wish there was for glory 2v2 or for fun without items. I find absolutely nothing fun about items.

Revven

I'm sure the tournament mode will gonna save us all, if it gives us the freedom to set up everything similar to how MK8 did it, we all be playing in the neogaf tournaments exclusively. Do we have any idea when the tournament mode is coming out?

Well, there's two tournament modes coming.

Standard Tournament Mode which has been in previous Smash games.

And what they call "Tourneys", which is basically MK7's Community feature but they renamed it in MK8 to "tournaments" for god knows why and Smash calls it Tourney. Tourney will absolutely be as flexible as friends matches most likely. Set up 2v2 rooms with friendly fire on and stocks should be possible, for example, if they aren't dumb.

We have no idea when they are being patched in, though. My guess is sometime before Mewtwo, so anywhere from January to February. They likely want to roll it out with the Miiverse stage as well.

Tansut

In Bracket 5 I still have to play:

Timeaisis
TWILT
Voliko
BumblebeeCody

If any of you are free tomorrow, I can play any time of the day until around 6:00PM EST.
I can play now for a little while! If I don't hear from anyone after an hour I'll probably start playing Wolfenstein or something though.

Azuran

Banned
I swear to Arceus I'm going to hammer that hell out of this All-star on hard challenge. It's just bullshit after bullshit which stopped being fun and funny a long time ago.

I commend you if you manage to complete it with all of the characters because I give up. Fuck All-star mode. /salty

SeanR1221

Ok so there has to be a way to play for fun with friends. Just got in a game with 3 villagers who all just stood around and literally did nothing.

Nabster92

GG's shamrock. Sorry I gotta go spend some time with my wife before she goes to sleep. Might be on again a bit later if you want to continue.

Edit: Damnit I totally forgot I had a stream open in another tab on my desktop since I use the same monitor for smash so I didn't see it was open. Maybe that was causing some of the lag we had. Sorry bout that. <.<

I wish I could get involved with ranbats since I'm free now. I hope.....

Ike might be easy characters to get higher than 8 due to his counter and his powerful attacks. I will give him a try tonight.
I suppose it's probably too late now to fill up Bracket 6, huh?

Is there a faster way to see all the custom moves I've unlocked other than having to select each character and go into check?
I've found Target Blast is a good way to collect them.

Enforced

Ill be playing in about 30 minutes. You guys can add me if you want. I would like to do 1vs 2 ill open the room. I like challenge. :p

so did you guys know there's a massive online Smash 4 tourney that's free to enter

some of you guys should try your luck :p

(P.S. vote yes on all 7 counterpicks+Miis)
This sounds interesting, but I don't know if I'll be available for this event. No doubt I'll be defeated by the top cats anyway, but best of luck to those who enter repping GAF!
Did you record his loss and your win, or just your win?
Just my win, if I noted it right. Should I have recorded his loss too?
I already added you. Ill go ahead open the room. Boxter you can join me.

Gotcha, I'll be there in a sec.

Lé Blade Runner;145298467 said:
Any of you guys main Sheik? I'm thinking about switching from Link to her, so I need some feedback / tips.

Or should I just go Diddy as he is OP? :p

You should play as whomever you enjoy playing as.

Top Bottom