• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Anyone from Bracket 2 available in a bit?

No one from Bracket 3 is accepting my challenges! :p

When does the grace period end?
The grace period ends this Sunday. No leeway will be granted.

Guessing you were doing the ledge technique, with counters thrown in when they mob up?

I only just started today, not bad for a half hours work. ;)
I said it isn't character-specific, so no counters were used.

I stand at the ledge, and if a group approaches, I drop down and abuse iframes to hit them back. If only a couple approach, I shield grab them off the ledge. They always fail to recover.

Falawful

Guessing you were doing the ledge technique, with counters thrown in when they mob up?

I only just started today, not bad for a half hours work. ;)

I personally would isolate one or two at the edge, grab and back throw. Nine times out of ten the AI doesn't use its midair jump in time to clear the ledge, which is funny because they can't grab the ledge. So, if they don't land on the actual stage after jumping, they're gone.

I got 10 or 11 with Lucina doing this. And like Karsticles said, I don't think this strat is limited to any set of characters.

Clefargle

Anyone from Bracket 2 available in a bit?

The grace period ends this Sunday. No leeway will be granted.

I said it isn't character-specific, so no counters were used.

I stand at the ledge, and if a group approaches, I drop down and abuse iframes to hit them back. If only a couple approach, I shield grab them off the ledge. They always fail to recover.
I'm getting on, be ready shortly. Thanks

Arkanius

I'm loving the game but I'm having an hard time playing online against everyone (even the for fun)

Everyone manages to hit perfectly and close distances and gaps like a boss, where I float around the battlefield, miss every attack by wide margins or small distances and do a pathetic amount of damage at all times.

I try to use normal attack to stun in place, special attacks to dmg and smash attacks above 60% to throw them off, but it seems this strategy is just wrong.

1) I never manage to stun them in place, they just take the attacks and roll away hapilly, or stun lock me the moment after
2) My special attacks with the characters I pick (Samus, Link, Ike) dont have a lasting power
3) I fucking fail my smash attacks 60% of the time

FluxWaveZ

great, lets test for lag. I just hosted

Yikes, haha. It seems fine on a base level, but there are some intense spikes quite frequently.

Eh, I'm not sure. Are you playing wired? It's most likely on your end and not even an issue with physical distance; you should try checking if something's going on with your network.

I personally would isolate one or two at the edge, grab and back throw. Nine times out of ten the AI doesn't use its midair jump in time to clear the ledge, which is funny because they can't grab the ledge. So, if they don't land on the actual stage after jumping, they're gone.

I got 10 or 11 with Lucina doing this. And like Karsticles said, I don't think this strat is limited to any set of characters.

Huh, I'll have to try that. I'd probably have 3 times as many kills as I did. Then again, doing things the hard way is my specialty :p

Woah, guys, GC Adapters are in stock at Amazon! Get them quick!!

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/?tag=nisa-20

Is it saying "Unable to ship to your address" for anyone else? I have zero problems with my US address for amazon, so it figures this would happen.

I'm loving the game but I'm having an hard time playing online against everyone (even the for fun)

Everyone manages to hit perfectly and close distances and gaps like a boss, where I float around the battlefield, miss every attack by wide margins or small distances and do a pathetic amount of damage at all times.

I try to use normal attack to stun in place, special attacks to dmg and smash attacks above 60% to throw them off, but it seems this strategy is just wrong.

1) I never manage to stun them in place, they just take the attacks and roll away hapilly, or stun lock me the moment after
2) My special attacks with the characters I pick (Samus, Link, Ike) dont have a lasting power

It's honestly a lot of practice and training modes. Try and practice set combos on the computer to train so you can figure out the limits of your attacks. Then try and slowly integrate them into your game online. You'll see a lot of improvements. The people online are generally pretty good and know what they're doing.

Clefargle

Yikes, haha. It seems fine on a base level, but there are some intense spikes quite frequently.

Eh, I'm not sure. Are you playing wired? It's most likely on your end; you should try checking if something's going on with your network.

Ok nvm, I guess I'll sort out my connection or find a LAN adapter.

Glix

Oh man, got a WiiU for the holidays and got smash last night. Gotta do unlocks and stuff, then psyched to play with you guys!

Only use Smash attacks when you have a big opening.

Added and hosting.
Omw.

Azuran

Banned
Is Protect always needed on Doubles? Trying to build a Trick Room team right now with Aromatisse as my lead and support, but her running both Protect and Trick Room leaves me with so little to work with.

Edit: Wrong thread >.<

Yeah, I just randomly decided to check this site: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/supersmashbros/ and about stroked out when I saw Amazon had them in stock.

Sorry guys, I did come straight here after my order. Knew they would sell fast, but that's just crazy.

lol no worries you came here as quick as you could. Must have been an extremely small restock, although it raises hopes other places may get little restocks too.

FeD.nL

So I got Smash bros. today and played just fine earlier today. Now I booted it up and I my gamepad keeps bugging out after a few seconds and display the error 165-6596 code. I did some searching and I found out other people also have this error but they say its amiibo related, I have no amiibos and it worked just fine earlier today. Has anyone else experienced the same issues and if so how did you fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Tansut

In Bracket 5 I still have to play:

Timeaisis
TWILT
Voliko
BumblebeeCody

If any of you are free tomorrow, I can play any time of the day until around 6:00PM EST.
I slept in way later than anticipated, but I'm free to play these fine folks until around 6:30ish, as in I have to be done with matches and stuff by that time. So hit me up if any of Bracket 5 folks are able!

Top Bottom