• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
1. Flappy (Ness) > IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) by 2-0
2. Flappy (Ness) > IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) by 2-1
3. Flappy (Ness) > IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) by 2-0
4. Flappy (Ness) > IntelliHeath (Pit) by 2-0
4. Flappy (Ness) > IntelliHeath (Mii Brawler) by 2-1

Yeah, I sadly do not have a wired connection

Yeah, lag have progressively getting worse, longer we fight.

So what do you guys think about this?

Nice little chat thing they've got going on, and based on the reddit thread here they plan on creating a ladder around it. Competition for Anther's? I know Nintendojo exists, but when I played there they weren't the nicest bunch of guys. :(

As long as it's only focused on Wii U/3DS. Anther's ladder has all of like, 1-2 games available at any time because it's basically a Melee/ Project M site.

EVO rules are up for the Smash games.

CA-pJmKUwAAcvyP.png

Something interesting to point out is that for Sm4sh there's no distinction made between starter and counterpick stages. We could be seeing a system where all stages are available from game 1, which I'm favorable to. :)

Good games, IntelliHeath. You should mix up your approaches. I got way too many grabs by just throwing my shield up any time I saw you dashing toward me.

Edit: Room's up, FSLink

Good games Namikaze! Your Yoshi's still really tough, and what a line of characters we played tonight.

Even some equipment there at the end, eh? Still, was fun as usual!

Thanks for playing!

Good games Namikaze! Your Yoshi's still really tough, and what a line of characters we played tonight.

Even some equipment there at the end, eh? Still, was fun as usual!

Thanks for playing!

Yup, fun games! I've never played you when you weren't using Mega Man, so that was different. Donkey Kong's tornado up-B just calls for shenanigans.

Equipment was because I was going random. Gave me random character, customs, and equipment. A fast Game & Watch can be pretty dangerous! Or a super fast Captain Falcon deadly... for me.

GGs. Your Ness is solid man.

Got kind of frustrated at the input lag letting me run into fsmashes three times but whatever. :p

Casuals?

Sure. Good games. I really think you should've stuck with Diddy, though. He was giving me problems the whole time and I kinda figured out your Gimmick Kong halfway through that last match

FSLink

Banned
Sure. Good games. I really think you should've stuck with Diddy, though. He was giving me problems the whole time and I kinda figured out your Gimmick Kong halfway through that last match

I would have but wasn't feeling the input lag, I kept getting the early lead but couldn't get the kill, lol.

Figures it feels tons better now, lol

Fought a guy who wouldn't stop spamming up-b with Kirby.

I was waiting for him to get the message after noticing he had yet to win any matches. :/

So um, who here plays King Diddly-De and wants to give me tips?

i want to see an amiibo only tornument. my amiibos are so odd. they wanna be so agro when they go against actual people and cpus but if they go against another amiibo they'd just stand there facing eachother doing nothing for like a good second or 2.

Cronox

Banned
I'm usually pretty good about catching up on posts in this thread so I saw the first one anyways.

Anywho, for me personally, I tend to have the most trouble against people that are able to play super defensively and punish all of the risky things I do well. Dabuz has pretty much the opposite playstyle of rosalina that I do and exposed so many of my openings flawlessly, so I just got bopped completely by him at Apex. That's also why fortress oos seems to work so well on me. More so because it typically kills luma too.

Also, luma can't save me from throws. If you get a grab on me with luma around, you should throw me immediately. Luma can't attack while I'm in a throw animation. I was only able to escape because you tried to pummel me and luma can act during that. If you throw immediately the only way I can escape is if I start an attack before your grab and luma continues it and knocks me out of it, which isn't too different from a lot of other characters that can just jab out of grabs if you try to grab when they can still attack. Just can happen with more moves with more delay.

The times that luma can attack that seem to catch people off guard are after she gets hit and luma stays at that spot, whenever rosalina inputs an attack in that state luma will also start the attack but also start coming back to rosalina at the same time so the hitbox can still be out as it passes you. If the attack doesn't hit as far, rosalina can also press z and a direction and rosalina will air dodge while that direction of Luma's attack will come out. Both of these cases also assume luma is not in the shine state (detached with luma shot/warp) or in tumble.

Other sneaky times luma can hit are during the free fall animation after an up b. Also during a dash attack canceled grab so luma continues the dash attack for an extra 3% while rosalina grabs. That can also knock people off the ground on missed techs into the grab as well. A lot of people also sleep on Luma's second hit of n-air. If I come back onto stage facing outwards and hit you with the start of rosalinas n-air, people try to punish after that and get hit by the second hit of luma n-air going backwards and they get knocked offstage instead. Also a bunch of things you can do with lunar landed aerials that I should do more often.

In general you need to figure out what moves of yours put luma in tumble and use them to kill luma whenever possible. It's super annoying to a rosalina player when luma gets insta killed right after spawning and having to wait another 15 seconds for it to fall and die and respawn again. Also super annoying when you dodge an attack but still get hit by it because luma doesn't dodge and gets hit and extends the length of the hitbox in their attack.

Cool that you got to play him. You saw that he put out an hour-long Rosalina guide recently? Unfortunately moves that sent Rosa into a tumble were hard to get out while under your nair pressure. I suppose I should be happy that you don't tend to try and pepper me with her side-b custom. With all Luma's shenanigans, fighting your Rosa was a completely different game than other characters. I couldn't wrap my head around it at the time, but I have a couple ideas for the future...

SoldnerKei

Indeed...hmm...nothing on my end.

yeah, I would like to thing nothing on mine either, but probably is me xD

dosen't seem to be a big deal, I can still play with that if you wanna keep going

edit: yes, it was recorded xD

that meteor was recorded also lol good one

SoldnerKei

You can make a sandwich during its active frames.

I would like it to be toned down a bit in a patch. It is rather silly right now.

whaha pretty much, it really caught me off, I was sure it was the perfect moment to punish with a Fsmash, oh lord what a terrible mistake

TWILT

Banned
Well. That's one way to go out lol.

GGs Kei! Really fun games as usual! My Link's been slacking today lol; need to practice with him more.

Top Bottom