• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
speaking of the custom movesets, here's some fun trivia:

• There are 98 custom moves that are not in any of the 10 character slots, which means they are effectively banned.
  • This means you can actually skip 89 customs and still have everything you need for the custom moveset project (the above 98, minus the 9 from Miis/Palutena).
  • In addition, there are another 26 default specials that only appear in the 1111 default set, which means there are a total of 124 moves that aren't used in any of the custom sets and are effectively unviable.
That's pretty interesting! Not surprising because some customs are horrible but cool none the less.

I have no idea why you just can't select each custom at the character select screen.

Neoxon

That was just your set score with the diddy right? Did you go 1-2 overall in sets in your pool? Or did you win any other round before that fox/peach?
Lost against ROB, fought through Losers until the end. Ended 4th in my pool.

Money Match vs. D1 incoming.....delayed.

Alright, who's ready to 1 on 1 me, specifically to figure out how to improve my game. I'm wanting to lose, and then you tell me why I lost. Anyone up for that?

NNID is my username.

CRQ (Dr. Mario) 1-0 JCX (Wii Fit Trainer) @Boxing Ring Omega
CRQ (Mii Gunner) 2-0 JCX (Pikachu) @Battlefield
CRQ (Mii Gunner) 3-0 JCX (Pikachu) @Wily Castle Omega
CRQ (Mii Gunner) 3-1 JCX (Wii Fit Trainer) @Skyloft
CRQ (Falco) 4-1 JCX (Wii Fit Trainer) @Halberd
CRQ (Falco) 5-1 JCX (Pikachu) @Smashville

I take this set, GGs JCX! Your Wii Fit was fun, but how come you didn't use any of his customs? :O

FSLink

Banned
Is Mario supposed to be so neutral against Diddy? I'm watching Aftershock, Mario lost to Diddy but I would've wanted to be more aggressive against this Diddy. Perhaps I don't have enough experience, can we really not challenge so much of Diddy's tools?

Didn't see the match, but Fast Fireball clashes with banana iirc.

jnWake

I played a nice guy today in FG. He changed his name to "Good game!" after every match. That's so much better than the "U Spammy" guys I've faced other times.

FSLink

Banned
I'll run through this later. Think regular fireball is viable for space control or should I stick with Fast? Oh, and High-Pressure FLUDD or Scalding FLUDD?
Scalding is superior imo outside of maybe the Ness and Little Mac matchups. Fast Fireball complements it best too. Diddy is too fast to let you space control with Fireball and fair clashes with it so you might as well have the fast one.
Unsure which cape. Shocking Cape is amazing and I don't feel Gust Cape is that useful against Diddy.

Super Cape is best for reflecting bananas but it may be best to just catch them and have the disjointed kill move with Shocking Cape.

That slow charge shot just makes Samus not scary at all.

I don't know what's so difficult about the Charizard matchup for Toon Link. I just started playing him so everything I do is autopilot right now.

Boney

Banned
That slow charge shot just makes Samus not scary at all.

I don't know what's so difficult about the Charizard matchup for Toon Link. I just started playing him so everything I do is autopilot right now.
I have no idea how to use it but some people completely swear by it.
As for toon link, while I'm no expert, many use the bombs all the time to move around attacking and defending. And the other projectiles to change the rhythm. Lots of aerials as well for comboing. You're doing good, keep at it. Saw little up smashes though, those are great.

Still need two more for a 2v2 ;)
I'm in if we get a 4th

Scalding is superior imo outside of maybe the Ness and Little Mac matchups. Fast Fireball complements it best too. Diddy is too fast to let you space control with Fireball and fair clashes with it so you might as well have the fast one.
Unsure which cape. Shocking Cape is amazing and I don't feel Gust Cape is that useful against Diddy.

Super Cape is best for reflecting bananas but it may be best to just catch them and have the disjointed kill move with Shocking Cape.
Thanks for the help dude. Maybe some other time we can run through the matchup together, my Mario and your Diddy?
Still need two more for a 2v2 ;)
If you guys still have a spot open I could join for a little bit. :)

Cronox

Banned
Wait, is that four including me or not?

Edit: oy, should have checked back in with the thread more often, the stream distracted me.

Top Bottom