• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Cronox

Banned
yeah, but I know those SD were mostly because of the lag

nevertheless, it was great to play your bowser, I used some characters that I casually play with and it was a huge mistake, like doc lol, bowser is pretty scary with that sideb glide, hopefully next time I play you I'll have the adapter, had lots of fun, GGs Cronox!

edit: haha well, Link is my main so I had to use him, but Mario was more for the lulz, because Mario vs Bowser, forever rivals and stuff :'D

Yeah, it showed that he was your main. Beyond that, Link is a rough Bowser matchup, in our matches you repeatedly beat my attacks with his jab or tilts. Yeah get wired and let's play again!

Edit: ok another night of FG behind me attempting to play as a very clumsy Diddy with occasional spurts of good gameplay. It gets a little embarassing when you miss grabbing your banana in the air 3 times while the other guy just waits. Man, nerf an attack or two but jeeesus can he not fall so fast when charging his up b? I'm starting a new bandwagon - buff Diddy's recovery. All aboard!

Challenger_Approaching_Ness(SSB).png

SmashGaf! Hopefully some of you are ready to play this weekend

RomanceDawn

Shamrock did you get in trouble? What happened?

Question guys.
I have this wired connection, been using it to play you all for months now. While I'm playing Wii u with that my daughter and wife have continued to use the iPad or their phones all the time.

This morning I wake up and the lag is crazy, I can't figure it out. My bro says it's the wifi from the devices but they never interrupted me one bit before and even after I shut everything off the lag continued. I unplugged the router and everything to reset it but it was still crappy. Any advice?

I might still main Bowser after Mewtwo comes out. It depends on how characters get changed. I just want to have FUN.

I'd love to give you an answer but its just best to leave it. I'm just ready to easily play smash with you guys again
Lesson learned: never post in OT.

Are you interested in Lucas?

Depending on how the patch changes things up, I'm gonna start playing Sheik and Diddy so we can have those matchups covered.

Someone has to take the sacrifice, and I mained both characters in Melee and Brawl respectively so it's not like it's unexplored territory for me. I just hope for Falco buffs and maybe some off-stage Fox buffs too, and Luigi nerfs so Mario can be the better brother again.

SoldnerKei

Shamrock did you get in trouble? What happened?

Question guys.
I have this wired connection, been using it to play you all for months now. While I'm playing Wii u with that my daughter and wife have continued to use the iPad or their phones all the time.

This morning I wake up and the lag is crazy, I can't figure it out. My bro says it's the wifi from the devices but they never interrupted me one bit before and even after I shut everything off the lag continued. I unplugged the router and everything to reset it but it was still crappy. Any advice?

yesterday I had a similar problem, thing was someone left his phone with youtube open, stupid "autoplay next video" feature was screwing me up for good, also software updates can screw your connection... weird enough this week I had some terrible lag thou, I usually can play perfectly with TWILT for example, but this week something was causing random lag spikes, perhaps it's something that will be addressed in this patch

lol, Hestia is everywhere, got enough of her in FigureGAF already

RomanceDawn

yesterday I had a similar problem, thing was someone left his phone with youtube open, stupid "autoplay next video" feature was screwing me up for good, also software updates can screw your connection... weird enough this week I had some terrible lag thou, I usually can play perfectly with TWILT for example, but this week something was causing random lag spikes, perhaps it's something that will be addressed in this patch

lol, Hestia is everywhere, got enough of her in FigureGAF already

Hmmmm, you think someone is mooching off of my wifi? Will resetting the password do anything?

SoldnerKei

Hmmmm, you think someone is mooching off of my wifi? Will resetting the password do anything?

just like Shamrock said, you can check out which devices are on your network.

I have a white list of the MAC addresses of several devices that are used at home, that's why I know most of my connection troubles are interal lol

I assume your wii u is wired to the E-adapter and your family is using the wifi, if so, you can change your WIFI Standar Channel on the settings too, that helps sometimes if you live in a complex or building with several wifi signals, change it to either number 1, 6, and 11

and lastly, you can apply the most common solution for tech problems, turn off the modem for a bit and then reboot it lol sometimes it helps

Hestia is the bestia

I am still wondering how she got so popular lol

Nabster92

just like Shamrock said, you can check out which devices are on your network.

I have a white list of the MAC addresses of several devices that are used at home, that's why I know most of my connection troubles are interal lol

I assume your wii u is wired to the E-adapter and your family is using the wifi, if so, you can change your WIFI Standar Channel on the settings too, that helps sometimes if you live in a complex or building with several wifi signals, change it to either number, except for 1, 6, and 11, since those are the default channels used by most routers

user interface can change denpending or your router, but it's likely you'll see something like this screen on your settings

and lastly, you can apply the most common solution for tech problems, turn off the modem for a bit and then reboot it lol sometimes it helps

I am still wondering how she got so popular lol

Actually you shouldn't use numbers outside of 1, 6, or 11 otherwise you're putting yourself and others around you at more of a risk of overlapping signals. 1, 6, and 11 are the only bands that don't overlap with each other at all so if you put yourself at something between like 9, you're just causing yourself to have overlap with both people on 11 AND 6.

Edit: this is also not as much of an issue if you use a router with a 5ghz band provided your devices can connect to that band as there are many more options that don't overlap there.

SoldnerKei

Actually you shouldn't use numbers outside of 1, 6, or 11 otherwise you're putting yourself and others around you at more of a risk of overlapping signals. 1, 6, and 11 are the only bands that don't overlap with each other at all so if you put yourself at something between like 9, you're just causing yourself to have overlap with both people on 11 AND 6.

Edit: this is also not as much of an issue if you use a router with a 5ghz band provided your devices can connect to that band as there are many more options that don't overlap there.

you're right, got all mixed up on that part since those channels are spaced out from each other so makes sense to pick those instead of avoid them, thanks for the correction!

and yeah, with a 5ghz there's no need for that

Practicing with Zelda is fun. I think she might secretly be good against Rosalina, too. Not in a straight counter-pick manner, but she puts up a really good fight.

I'm gonna take the advice of a sage, however, and pick a top tier to practice with next. Probably Pikachu.

Cronox

Banned
Double post, but screw it. The footage from the tournament I went to: http://www.twitch.tv/showdownsmash/v/4012345

Bowser Jr. fight is around the 1hour40minute mark.
Shiek fight is around 2hour3minute mark.

Use the youtube links, they're already up. Yeah, Sheik is a small enough character for the trip sapling to be less problematic, and has the speed to make your defensive play not really work. If you doubled down by doing the sapling near the ledge + explosive balloons trick it might have gone better, sapling in the middle of the stage is a weird compromise. Worked well against my Bowser, but he's a huge character and target for slingshots. Sheik, not so much. I think the commentators had the right idea, against some characters you can mess up their neutral with tip sapling in the center, but with a fast top tier you've gotta polarize your play - all the way defensive/campy or aggressive.

Top Bottom