• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

How would I do that without already recording the footage through a capture card? They switched between the two names twice and then switched to their regular name, so I wouldn't have had time to take a phone picture, either.

You can't bring up the Home menu, and therefore Miiverse, while in the Online section in Smash. So no screenshots unless you're already using a capture card of some kind.
I was thinking phone, but if it is that quick, I suppose capture devices are the only way.

Came across another shithead on For Glory. He was using Ganondorf and wasn't very good, but he wasn't approaching so I would use eggs. He usually still wouldn't approach, so I went in and got him. I ended up winning, and he changed his name to "B:TCH" and "SPAMMER" back and forth. Quite sad for so many people to have all these names preset for use.

What is up with people that lose, and then pick the character you are playing? I lost to some guys Ike because I ran into his neutral B twice... and then he changed to Little Mac and I won like 10 times. He then picks Yoshi, wins twice, and leaves. Do they think they are better with the character they lost against repeatedly? This happened like 3 times today, and I didn't even play a lot of opponents. I hardly ever play against Yoshi, except for when I fight these types of people.

I should stop letting this game make me mad...

Yeah that's just sad. Me and my brother destroyed some guys on 2v2 For Glory yesterday and they left as soon as the match was done. Then they immediately rejoined, changed their names to YOU and SUCK and left again. I also had a Link call me SPAMMER once because I used Wario's bike all the time to approach him while he was spamming arrows...

Cronox

Banned
Came across another shithead on For Glory. He was using Ganondorf and wasn't very good, but he wasn't approaching so I would use eggs. He usually still wouldn't approach, so I went in and got him. I ended up winning, and he changed his name to "B:TCH" and "SPAMMER" back and forth. Quite sad for so many people to have all these names preset for use.

What is up with people that lose, and then pick the character you are playing? I lost to some guys Ike because I ran into his neutral B twice... and then he changed to Little Mac and I won like 10 times. He then picks Yoshi, wins twice, and leaves. Do they think they are better with the character they lost against repeatedly? This happened like 3 times today, and I didn't even play a lot of opponents. I hardly ever play against Yoshi, except for when I fight these types of people.

Ha and in the meantime people are upset that Splatoon won't have voice chat. Given the "communications" I've received from the average online Wii U owner in this game, I'm happy to do without hearing their [12 year old] voices and whatever inane insults they think to broadcast. Crazy thing is I've been called a spammer while using Bowser. Do these people even know what spamming means?

emb

If they try to hurl insults at you in their tag, just change yours to "LOL" or something. Let them know that you don't care, and then just revel in the fact that you beat them badly enough for them to get so salty.

When people lose and immediately counterpick my character, I usually take that as them sending one of a couple messages:
1. I play that character too, and kinda like the ditto matchup.
2. Any idiot could play that character. Watch, I'll win if I pick it.

In either case, it's just a good opportunity to practice a matchup. Don't get so worried about the emotions, and just see it as a pure learning experience.

jnWake

It's full of idiots in FG sadly. I've learned to ignore them.

I'm honestly more annoyed by the guys that either win or lose one match and leave. I hate when I run into a good character I never play against (like a good Wario), lose the match and then the guy leaves... So much ruined practice.

Boney

Banned
Yeah i have lol and git gud tabs when ver a little scrub starts to whine. I usually leave after that, but sometímes it's fun to Building their rage

Pfffft. Any time I play for glory, if I can't get them to put something mean as their name, I feel like I didn't do a good job.
What if you get them to put down GG instead? I've bodied a few people with Falco who were more impressed than mad and said GG before they leave, so I feel happy not to have dealt with FG shitheads yet. :)

Boney

Banned
I find Dedede's crouch after a kill generally gets people raging. It's secretly the best taunt.
It's the best taunt in the game and he has the best overall taunts as well. The 5 part guide I posted the other day has one specifically on making your opponent rage and cause them to make mistakes. Crouch, running back and forth, up b when the match is ending and of course down taunt are so so good.

Puruzi

Banned
I went against a guy and bodied him using Ness. He changed his name to no skill. Changed mine to ok. I chose Falcon and he did too. 2 stocked him at 20%. He picks Falcon again and I use Mario. 2 stocked again. He was out the room before I even got back to the character select screen.

I went against a guy and bodied him using Ness. He changed his name to no skill. Changed mine to ok. I chose Falcon and he did too. 2 stocked him at 20%. He picks Falcon again and I use Mario. 2 stocked again. He was out the room before I even got back to the character select screen.
I hope you used "OKEY" in the spirit of Ness.

RomanceDawn

GGs, now if I can only win more than 3 in a single session.

Notice that lag at the end there? Something is definitely up. I will try to use the advice you guys gave me yesterday to figure out what it is. It started off nice but it shouldn't have ended like that.

Notice that lag at the end there? Something is definitely up. I will try to use the advice you guys gave me yesterday to figure out what it is. It started off nice but it shouldn't have ended like that.
Are sure your internet provider isn't throttling your connection?

Ricky 7

Maybe something is up with your Ethernet cable, try a different one.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I stopped playing for glory months ago. I get better matches out of level 9 cpu opponents.

Now if online had a rank system...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
On the other hand, I haven't played AIs for so long... the way they have superhuman reflexes but are as predictable as hell on most other things makes them really underwhelming for me.

I just can't stand getting opponents at seemingly random skill levels.

JulianImp

I just can't stand getting opponents at seemingly random skill levels.

Not much worse than stuff such as AI Ness exclusively using PK Thunder to hit himself, IMO.

At worst it takes you a minute or two to go and two-stock bad players and look for somebody else, but it's true that getting good opponents might take a while.

I'm particularily bummed when I get a good opponent who beats me the first game and leaves right afterwards (mostly when it isn't justified by something such as them 2-stocking me without breaking a sweat).

<------ New avatar in anticipation of my Ness/Lucas duo

I'm particularily bummed when I get a good opponent who beats me the first game and leaves right afterwards (mostly when it isn't justified by something such as them 2-stocking me without breaking a sweat).

I think the reason some opponents do that is they are afraid of losing and messing up their win/loss record. If you put up a challenge and barely lose, they get scared of potentially losing and leave.

JulianImp

I think the reason some opponents do that is they are afraid of losing and messing up their win/loss record. If you put up a challenge and barely lose, they get scared of potentially losing and leave.

One of the things I learned after a while was that whenever someone beats me by spamming it's mostly my own fault. For example, a Sonic I faced kept spamming spin dash and homing attack against my Luigi, and I ended up losing because I couldn't come up with a viable plan for approaching him.

Still, I'd rather play ten times against someone who beats me rather than one against someone I can handle without too much trouble. Even if there was a public rating system in place, I'd rather lose all my points against top players rather than hoarding them by playing weaker players.

GGs, Silent. Was fun! I always have trouble against Link for some reason. :p Gotta prep dinner now so have to stop earlier, but hopefully the input delay wasn't bad. I'm getting you're on WC?

Top Bottom