• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

emb

I generally leave right away whenever I see these kind of people change their tags. There are thousands of potential opponents, and hundreds of other games to play, so I don't need to deal with these antics.

I am pretty sure the one person I mentioned was saying your example 2. I mean, they did end up winning, but they only gave me two matches before leaving before I even got back to the character select screen. They had over 10 matches of losing against me to see my habits, while I am shit against Yoshi, especially if I haven't adapted yet.
Fair enough, that works.

I just think it would be more useful to adjust mindset than to avoid it. You mentioned that you don't get much practice against that certain character, and that you see these people now and then. Jerk or not, they're someone playing the character, and they're trying to beat you. And personally, imo, there is nothing more satisfying than beating the stupid 'lolol I'll play your character and spam moves' guy that wants to think you're not good.

Fair enough, that works.

I just think it would be more useful to adjust mindset than to avoid it. You mentioned that you don't get much practice against that certain character, and that you see these people now and then. Jerk or not, they're someone playing the character, and they're trying to beat you. And personally, imo, there is nothing more satisfying than beating the stupid 'lolol I'll play your character and spam moves' guy that wants to think you're not good.

I leave when they change their name to something rude. Even if I didn't leave, they likely would. I stay if they change to my character, but the person I was mentioning left after beating me twice, so it seemed they just wanted to beat me as the character that was beating them.

Awesome. My work schedule changed, and I guess someone got wind that I was having fun playing Smash on Sundays and Thursdays, so now those are two of the days I have to work.

Awesome.

Yah not too happy about it, but whatever.. I wonder when the team tournament is coming up because I'm moving in like a week and a half...
S-sorry about the delay regarding the doubles tourney, some sudden unplanned events are going on and I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to playing, let alone enjoying Smash like I want to. I may have to pass on the responsibility of the tourney if things get really bad, but hopefully it won't come to that. I just want people to please understand and forgive my delays, I'm still human. :(

Maybe when Mewtwo codes get sent out on Wednesday, I can finally enjoy life again...

Oh, and I still need SoldnerKei, Phantom Flapjack and CureVylash to contact me on whether or not they have teammates or whether they still want to participate...

Cronox

Banned
The real question here is how much a Mewtwo code is going to cost on ebay on the 15th? I didn't buy the 3DS version or get a code, and I could see myself spending $10 to get Mewtwo early. Unfortunately, I expect the codes will probably be selling much higher than that.

The real question here is how much a Mewtwo code is going to cost on ebay on the 15th? I didn't buy the 3DS version or get a code, and I could see myself spending $10 to get Mewtwo early. Unfortunately, I expect the codes will probably be selling much higher than that.

...really now

hmm

Tansut

Shoutout to Karsticles for PMing me to ask if I wanted to sign up for season 3 of ranbats because I would've absolutely forgotten to do so like I did with season 2.

Ugh, yesterday at the weeklies I just got destroyed by Falcon. Sheesh I know it's most likely a bad match up for Fox but damn. Not sure who to counterpick with or just how to deal with him.

It really annoyed me that customs were banned too.

Nabster92

S-sorry about the delay regarding the doubles tourney, some sudden unplanned events are going on and I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to playing, let alone enjoying Smash like I want to. I may have to pass on the responsibility of the tourney if things get really bad, but hopefully it won't come to that. I just want people to please understand and forgive my delays, I'm still human. :(

Maybe when Mewtwo codes get sent out on Wednesday, I can finally enjoy life again...

Oh, and I still need SoldnerKei, Phantom Flapjack and CureVylash to contact me on whether or not they have teammates or whether they still want to participate...

If things do happen to get bad, I'm willing to help take things over.

I watched a lot of Samus videos and did an hour of training mode to get her stuff down better. I will use her the next four days to prepare for Mewtwo, because she is the most like him. I thought it was Lucario at first, but the relationship is superficial. Lucario has crap range on his normals, but is fast. He wants to get in. Seamus needs to maintain space like Mewtwo, and has good normals.

Just wait the two weeks. Plus, if you can, set aside time to play my Mewtwo and you will get an idea of whether you like him or not.

Seems like all the 2v2s are being played while I'm sleeping :p
You are posting at 4:30 am from my perspective, haha.

This is all assuming people's codes aren't linked to their Wii U's somehow. We'll see, it's hard to estimate demand for something like this.
I don't think they will. Too sophisticated for Nintendo. I am more worried that they will forget mine. :p

Shoutout to Karsticles for PMing me to ask if I wanted to sign up for season 3 of ranbats because I would've absolutely forgotten to do so like I did with season 2.
Glad to have you back! You should have been in the top bracket this season. If Poltergust doesn't sign up, I plan on putting you there still.

What happened to flux :/, is he perma banned?
You could try PMing a moderator to ask. Bans usually aren't permanent unless you did something really bad or have been getting banned a lot, though. I mean, Shamrock's ban wasn't permanent, and Bishop thought he was conveying a rather distasteful sentiment.

I hope Flux didn't partake in some nasty OT thread. :(

So um, when Mewtwo comes out are we all going to spend the week just playing him then? I hope he's fun and we can have all Mewtwo doubles. :3

Top Bottom