• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

RomanceDawn

My internet is still acting up. I have a ethernet cable and it's been wonderful since Smash launched. Yesterday and today though it has been getting really bad. I switched to wireless and it seemed to get much better. Could my actual ethernet cable be jacked up?

Well, I made a room if anyone wants to join. :p

My internet is still acting up. I have a ethernet cable and it's been wonderful since Smash launched. Yesterday and today though it has been getting really bad. I switched to wireless and it seemed to get much better. Could my actual ethernet cable be jacked up?
Sure. Swap Ethernet cables with your PC or something and find out.

RomanceDawn

Well, I made a room if anyone wants to join. :p

Sure. Swap Ethernet cables with your PC or something and find out.

I keep saying ethernet cable but I mean LAN adapter. I only have one of those but when I use the wired settings the lag seems to get worse.

I'll join really quick to see if the connection is better.

RomanceDawn

Could be that, too. Have you tried a hard reset?

Is a hard reset just unplugging it? If so I did that and it didn't do much.

But those games we just had were very good accept for one. So maybe it's back to normal.

Good games. Thought for sure I had you on that last one.

Is a hard reset just unplugging it? If so I did that and it didn't do much.

But those games we just had were very good accept for one. So maybe it's back to normal.

Good games. Thought for sure I had you on that last one.
Those Fortress gimps are hard to deal with.

I thought the same re: the connection.

Edit: yeah, I meant unplugging.

Boney

Banned
give me 5 minutes fslink to set stuff up

I'll probably play not good as
im a little high
and personal drama stuff from before but whatever let's do it

Edit room's up

Good luck!

Man there's some noticeable input lag good luck!

Wow dat super armor

I'm playing so bad lmao, can't even short hop

GGs Nabster. Man, fuck this matchup. I can't come up with one viable strategy. I kind of had something going in the later matches, but it isn't solid enough.

Nabster92

GGs Nabster. Man, fuck this matchup. I can't come up with one viable strategy. I kind of had something going in the later matches, but it isn't solid enough.

GG's Shamrock. I was getting hit by way more up B's than I'd like. Probably shouldn't try to perfect shield those on wifi <.<

GG's Shamrock. I was getting hit by way more up B's than I'd like. Probably shouldn't try to perfect shield those on wifi <.<

I should play all my secondaries first vs you because once I go to Ness I'm thinking "fuuuuuuck, I gotta figure this matchup out" and don't switch, lol

Boney

Banned
Alright dude good games, sorry I was playing freaking awful, I really was out of my mind.
Not in the mood for friendlies as well.

Good games, very aggressive air game, very cool.
Thanks!

Yep that was 5-1

I'm assuming that was 5 then? Ok ggs (2-5) FSLink.

edit: Now I want to play some 2v2s if anyone is interested..

GGs. Never really fought a Palutena who knew how to properly use Super Speed.
Yah, but I only got like 2 kills off it and I need to practice the super speed to throw mix up in addition to the ending u-air. Because you started blocking more... Haven't fought any GAF diddys yet.. RQ was supposedly going to pick him up too but I've yet to see his Diddy.

edit: Who else do you play besides Diddy and Mario? Or are you a plays most of the cast guy.

FSLink

Banned
Yah, but I only got like 2 kills off it and I need to practice the super speed to throw mix up in addition to the ending u-air. Because you started blocking more... Haven't fought any GAF diddys yet.. RQ was supposedly going to pick him up too but I've yet to see his Diddy.

edit: Who else do you play besides Diddy and Mario? Or are you a plays most of the cast guy.

I don't think there's any Diddy mains besides me, since I asked around here for a Diddy mirror....also I've mostly dropped him for Mario since I expect he'll be nerfed in the next patch and Mario's likely to be untouched if anything lol.

I play most of the cast.

Yeah that's just sad. Me and my brother destroyed some guys on 2v2 For Glory yesterday and they left as soon as the match was done. Then they immediately rejoined, changed their names to YOU and SUCK and left again. I also had a Link call me SPAMMER once because I used Wario's bike all the time to approach him while he was spamming arrows...

The fact that they felt the need to try and rejoin in order to do this is quite sad. I also find the people who call others spammers are spammers themselves. A lot of these people play Ganondorf, or at least in my experience they do, and they mostly try to use the side-B, or they try to Ganon-cide with the side-B.

Ha and in the meantime people are upset that Splatoon won't have voice chat. Given the "communications" I've received from the average online Wii U owner in this game, I'm happy to do without hearing their [12 year old] voices and whatever inane insults they think to broadcast. Crazy thing is I've been called a spammer while using Bowser. Do these people even know what spamming means?

I am fine with voice chat as long as it can easily and quickly be turned off. I would almost never have it on as I dislike talking to strangers, and it probably wouldn't be worthwhile to talk to the majority of the player-base. I don't even know how you could be called a spammer as a Bowser user. The only move I can think of is fortress, but they need to be near you for that to work...

If they try to hurl insults at you in their tag, just change yours to "LOL" or something. Let them know that you don't care, and then just revel in the fact that you beat them badly enough for them to get so salty.

When people lose and immediately counterpick my character, I usually take that as them sending one of a couple messages:
1. I play that character too, and kinda like the ditto matchup.
2. Any idiot could play that character. Watch, I'll win if I pick it.

In either case, it's just a good opportunity to practice a matchup. Don't get so worried about the emotions, and just see it as a pure learning experience.

I generally leave right away whenever I see these kind of people change their tags. There are thousands of potential opponents, and hundreds of other games to play, so I don't need to deal with these antics.

I am pretty sure the one person I mentioned was saying your example 2. I mean, they did end up winning, but they only gave me two matches before leaving before I even got back to the character select screen. They had over 10 matches of losing against me to see my habits, while I am shit against Yoshi, especially if I haven't adapted yet.

Top Bottom