• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

What's an easy character for a new comer to use? i'm not used to this type of fighting games i'm more used to 1V1 fighters like MK/SF i need all the tips i can get and yeah this is my first Smash Bros

Nabster92

Feels weird that the two people that took me to 9 games in our sets season 2 aren't in bracket 1 for season 3. If poltergust comes back for season 4, would he be put in bracket 1 still?

Feels weird that the two people that took me to 9 games in our sets season 2 aren't in bracket 1 for season 3. If poltergust comes back for season 4, would he be put in bracket 1 still?
Yeah, it's just a "based on current entries" kind of thing. I wanted to get it all set up for next week, but next Friday or Saturday I will touch it up for new entries. If Poltergust joined, I would move Tansut to another bracket, probably.

Tansut was the top player in his S1 bracket, but he forgot to sign up for S2. That's why I put him there.

Assuming everyone is cool with S3 changing to move 2 people up and 2 people down each season, you'll see folks move a lot more. I want to avoid things getting stale by changing the scenery for folks every season. 2 up, 2 down, and 2 stay is max change without getting crazy and shuffling people randomly.

Of course, alternative perspectives are welcome.

Right on I been playing as Link he is cool
In general, I think the most important thing in a new fighting game is to pick a character you like. Motivation is the best aid in learning. If you like Link here are a few skilled Link players on here for you to learn from:

Soldnerkei
Puruzi
FSLink

Hell yeah man i will keep at it had the 3DS game since launch and the Wii U game more recently i can do fine against CPU but with actual players i'm not that good with guarding the edges or throwing them off edges gotta get more practice

Hell yeah man i will keep at it had the 3DS game since launch and the Wii U game more recently i can do fine against CPU but with actual players i'm not that good with guarding the edges or throwing them off edges gotta get more practice
I recommend all of the following:
1) Watch competitive players use your character. What do they do? Practice some of it.
2) Post on the Smashboards character forums to understand your character better.
3) Don't play CPUs.
4) Play people here, and ask for feedback.

neat! I can team up with either of you guys, let's check our connection and let's see how good it does, just let me know when you are available tomorrow.
If your connection with Beef is good, let me know so I can update the bracket. I think that a good starting point is the launch of Mewtwo, so I'll hopefully get the tourney rolling this week so people can play doubles for glory!

So no one wants to do some 2v2s? Maybe 1v1s? nnid:direct_quote ...

I would be down for 2v2, I find it relaxing to not have to concentrate on one battle all the time and it lets me pick my shitty characters compared to 1v1. Unfortunately, I'm burned out on MonHun so I don't know if you wanna deal with my shitty play today. :p

Edit: Or Beats can play with you :3

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Maintenance Information

From Tuesday, April 14, 2015 11:50 PM
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:00 AM Pacific Time
Affected Services:

Wii U

- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Heads up for everyone, don't bother staying up late for Mewtwo unless you live in Hawaii or don't have to wake up early for anything that day.

Ganon punching while I was at drill seems to have gotten me up to 322 custom moves, which is pretty sweet! Maybe now I can actually make a few custom characters now haha.

I'm tired, but I might go ahead and play some FG, just to see how bad I am haha.

The split second lag is insanely annoying. >_<

I wish I could have no lag at all dammit, then I could actually do half the crap I try to do. Toad is basically useless like this.

How did Samus not grab the ledge there...

I don't think karst was regarding my safety with that last kill.. Luckily it worked out..
Oh, I totally did. I was a Samus main in Melee, so I am pretty good at aiming. Just don't roll when someone is between us. :p Lock them down with jabs so I can shield break instead.

Ricky 7

Game balance patch in 2 days =O didn't even realise it was so soon. Tbh I don't think any character needs a nerf except maybe a little less hit stun on Diddy's down throw. Other than that I don't think the current top tiers are broken.

S3 Ranbat Signup:

Game balance patch in 2 days =O didn't even realise it was so soon. Tbh I don't think any character needs a nerf except maybe a little less hit stun on Diddy's down throw. Other than that I don't think the current top tiers are broken.
I am mostly interested in whether the changes will be big or small.

I wouldn't mind seeing some minor tweaks to the upper tiers and some buffs to the lower personally.

We will see though!

Are you interested in playing a bit Ricky? I've been unsuccessful in catching you so far :p

Top Bottom