• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Vena

At keast, Shockwave last night we got to see Bowser body Diddy. That brought a smile to my face. :p

Also, those GFs, how long was the average match between Bwett and Awestin? 50 seconds? :p

zma1013

Tap jump or no tap jump? I feel very comfortable playing with tap jump but i guess it limits me in certain air fighting situations? I cant seem to get adjusted to button jumping in this game. Any controller layout suggestions?

Tap jump or no tap jump? I feel very comfortable playing with tap jump but i guess it limits me in certain air fighting situations? I cant seem to get adjusted to button jumping in this game. Any controller layout suggestions?

Definitely no tap to jump, at least for me. At first it'll seem completely foreign, but after a few matches you'll already be used to not pushing up to jump and instead tapping a button. I just use X to jump most times (on Wii U Pro) but it definitely varies for each person.

Every time I forget to select my control scheme (with up to jump disabled), I always accidentally use my second jump when trying to knock someone off stage and die..

so wi-fi = massive lag every match? Haven't done 1v1 yet but that's what I'm getting most of the time.

it's pretty awful.

Wi-fi is more like "more lag than lan" which is very reliant on your internet connection. For example, I'm not wired yet many of my matches with GAF have little-to-no lag at all. It's a variable, you know?

Also, I'll wait for you daripad so don't worry!

Porcile

Urgh, Zelda's Up B is real pain in the arse if there's a bit of lag.

Also, someone confirm to me that Zelda is a terrible match up for Ness and make me feel better about myself. She's got great moves to nullify his B specials, and really difficult to get close for the grab and normal attacks because of Nayru's Love. What's a Ness got to do against someone who's using Zelda in a very defensive way? Zelda just seems like a really damn good character in this game.

Finalow

Wi-fi is more like "more lag than lan" which is very reliant on your internet connection. For example, I'm not wired yet many of my matches with GAF have little-to-no lag at all. It's a variable, you know?

Also, I'll wait for you daripad so don't worry!
if my internet connection was bad I wouldn't complain. but I never had problems with it, in any online game, since I switched ISP 1-2 years ago or so.

BigFwoosh

Good games daripad. I haven't played much against a lot of the characters you picked. Had to keep adjusting constantly! That last SD was super unlucky :-(

daripad

Good games daripad. I haven't played much against a lot of the characters you picked. Had to keep adjusting constantly! That last SD was super unlucky :-(

I still can't believe that my main (Peach) got destroyed like that. That was a great Ganondorf :)

Vena

I don't understand why Sm4sh streams always get wars over Melee/PM vs. Sm4sh. Is there some sort of compulsion affecting these people or do they all suffer from severe confirmation complexes.

I don't understand why Sm4sh streams always get wars over Melee/PM vs. Sm4sh. Is there some sort of compulsion affecting these people or do they all suffer from severe confirmation complexes.
Confirmation bias? Probably I know I've suffered from it for several games, but you have to think people always bitch about the newest game. When SF4 came out people complained about it being too defensive, no parries, etc. But then vortex tech started to come out, unblockables, and option selects. Then bam, the game became more offensive. This was despite the fact the game still had many defensive designs aka: large reversal window, dp from crouching, crouch teching, proximity blocking, ultras.

Tripon

There's only so many tourneys and more importantly streams. All the major streamers, VGbootcamp, Clash Tournaments, Tourney Locator, etc. Are all focused on Smash 4, and Melee , while Project M seems to be taking the brunt of the lost coverage with not being able to attend APEX and it looks like other major tourneys that has a hope of receiving Nintendo support.

If you think its bad now, wait until EVO announces Smash 4 is their Smash game instead of Melee

Alright, GGs daripad! You had a wide range of characters but I'd rather see you buckle down and focus on one or two, you know?

Regardless, I had fun. :) Better luck next time!

I've heard shielding works. Shield, short-hop fair?

Yeah I do shield his attacks especially his homing attack. But usually he does his spindash attacks when I try to punish him after blocking his homing attack or spindash attack.

Peach Combo Video Tutorial (part 1/2) - Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U)

Did anyone check this peach combo video out? I'm really impressed with some of the combos. I want to practice at least two such as dtilt ->instant float nair-> grab -> bair and dtilt -> dair -> dair but it's really hard imo.

DrLazy

Random thoughts:

Single Player Content has felt really lacking. 'Classic' Mode blows. The Crazy Hand / Master Hand feel like they're ripped from mobile / MMO design for 'daily quests'. The challenges are AWESOME, but I ripped through them in like an hour. No more? Come on! The home run derby / angry-bird target stuff is boring (I don't mind they're there, but they aren't fun.

The core gameplay is fun and I enjoy the new characters, particulalry mega-man, pac-man, and Little Mac. But the environments sort of ruin it. There is WAY too much going on in almost every stage and there is very little tell when a stage transformation is about to occur. I almost want to autoquit when certain stages are selected.

I haven't tried 8 player cause I don't have the adapter yet, even though I have the controllers. I'm considering picking it up or trading in the game for Captain Toad.

Jims

I would say no tap jump.

I used to use tap jump all the way through Melee and part of Brawl, but during Brawl, I just got really tired of the problems it created. In particular, I found up-tilts to be particularly problematic and would have to rely on up-smashes instead (which are often unsafe). I still probably don't up-tilt as much as I should just because of the old muscle memory. And it can make short hopping, or even hopping forward at an angle in general kind of awkward and unreliable.

If you put jump near your attack button and force yourself to practice that way, your brain will eventually get used to it. It just takes awhile. I use the Pro Controller, so I have jump mapped to X and attack to A so I can switch quickly between them. I practiced by just only doing jumps, attacks, and dodges for a few rounds, and when I got used to that, started sliding my fingers over to do special attacks and stuff. Played around with having jump as one of the triggers but it confused my brain too much.

Boney

Banned
Are on wifi or LAN?
Wifi, it was still awful just now so I reset the connection, hopefully it was trying to use the other router and not the better one.

Haven't had any trouble for like 90% of my matches and now it was pretty terrible.

Falawful

Anyone available for Bracket 2 ranbats? I still have to play:

euphemism(Triforceofwisdom)
Fury Sense(raymondgh)
Hyperhip(iNFAMESS)
Jagsrock(TheBlueBlurrr)
jorgejjvr(jorgejjvr)

Otherwise I am here for some 1v1 as well.

Top Bottom