• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Blues1990

Boy, did I got wrecked. I couldn't even beat Master Beast.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Mendrox

Any tips for 9.0? I never saw this fortress lol
Only managed to beat it at 8.5 (with dieing).

Also my main is Palutena and my win rate is 78% at 342 Matches... any tipps for getting better (For Glory, 1vs1)? I play with Palutenas neutral B move and Aerial As, also doing down throws and trying to follow up with some moves.

Well I guess... she just has slow recovery and is rather bad in this roster, but I want to get even better. :(

Crayolan

Any tips for 9.0? I never saw this fortress lol
Only managed to beat it at 8.5 (with dieing).

Learn Master Core's patterns and take it slow and steady. Unless you're going really slow time shouldn't be an issue.

For Master Giant you can typically keep attacking nonstop until it cues an attack, but for Master Beast and Edges take a strong attack>wait>dodge approach. This makes Beast especially easy since it has long pauses between attacks.

When fighting Edges, make sure you're only attacking right after it attacks you, since it can pull out that flash attack at any time. If it's gone like 3+ moves without using the flash attack, I'd start hesitating before attacking until it does use it.

For Master Shadow, it depends on the character your playing, but the AI seems really weak to dash attacks and grabs.

And for Master Fortress, always go after the laser-shooting plants first, since they can snipe you from far away and will become a problem if you leave them be. Ignore the stalfos if possible, since most of the time you can jump right over them and they won't chase. If they do become as issue, use a throw. Also always do the first core before you take the heart container (or more, if you have low enough percentage) because there's virtually no way to die without any death zones around the first core.

Axass

So, I've been out of the loop for a long time, are there any news on the DLC front? Leaks, leftover code in the game, interviews?

If anyone in bracket 2 wants an easy win... (I'm not very good)

I have friend requested you all. Let me know here you want to do ranbats and we can do a practice round.

Euphemism! Let's knock your first set out now. (Or anyone, come on now)

Finalow

I noticed that I'm getting rekt/jungle'd quite often after jumping or being off-stage.

should I always go for the ledge in order to avoid that? I probably should stop jumping a lot too.

emb

I noticed that I'm getting rekt/jungle'd quite often after jumping or being off-stage.

should I always go for the ledge in order to avoid that? I probably should stop jumping a lot too.
Never always anything. Going to the edge is usually safest though, yeah. Just make sure to vary the paths you take there, otherwise they'll have an easier time catching you while you're coming back. They can't really catch you as they grab the edge, but unless you're careful, they can easily catch on to what you're doing right before/after you get the edge and get you for that.

If you leave the ground, you lose your shield and your grab. It's a more vulnerable place to be, generally speaking. If you're not close to the ground, air dodge leaves you pretty safe. It's baitable, but pay attention to when they're usually hitting you, and dodge if you can. Or time your double jump so you make them miss a move so you can get away/punish. You want to save your double jump usually; don't waste if for no reason.

Boney

Banned
Bummer about the connection, was having issues during the weekend but it sorted itself out last night.

Not sure if you wanna keep going, cause the matches were great!

Edit:scratch that, mega bummer hope we fight some other time!

The game just turned into Brawl, fuk.

I can get damage as Shulk, but it seems like everyone becomes 5 times smarter once they reach 80% and I can only get kills off of forward smash and lucky back airs.

NateDog

Wondering if anyone can help me. I just got a WiiU and have Smash on order, but I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64 if I remember correctly. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet but bought it a while ago since it became hard to find and since I knew I'd want it for whenever I did get a Wii or WiiU, but I remember reading a comment on GAF saying Smash 4 has spoilers for Xenoblade and I just want to see if that's true. I heard it might only be if you read the character profiles and information (which I'll pointedly avoid if that is the case) but I just want to see if Smash somehow has other spoilers which aren't easy to miss otherwise.

Malajax

Wondering if anyone can help me. I just got a WiiU and have Smash on order, but I haven't had a Nintendo system since the N64 if I remember correctly. I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet but bought it a while ago since it became hard to find and since I knew I'd want it for whenever I did get a Wii or WiiU, but I remember reading a comment on GAF saying Smash 4 has spoilers for Xenoblade and I just want to see if that's true. I heard it might only be if you read the character profiles and information (which I'll pointedly avoid if that is the case) but I just want to see if Smash somehow has other spoilers which aren't easy to miss otherwise.

Avoid the character trophies and you'll probably be fine. The biggest spoiler I can possibly think of might be a trophy, but I'm not sure on that.

It's in the trophies and such.

Nope. You sure your gamecube controller is in port 1?

Use the controller you want to use as first first?

Then the controller you want to use as second second?

etc

Nope none of this works :( strange thing is it used to work just fine also.

I have my Wii U gamepad plugged in as normal, and navigating in the menus with the GCN controller. Whenever I go into any mode, the P1 is automatically assigned to the Wii U controller, meaning I cant use the GCN pad for anything. Both USB for the GCN adapter are in the back and its in port 1.

Boney

Banned
The game just turned into Brawl, fuk.

I can get damage as Shulk, but it seems like everyone becomes 5 times smarter once they reach 80% and I can only get kills off of forward smash and lucky back airs.
Ftilt is a very good kill move that's fast enough, especially with the Smash art.
His aerials are all exceptional as well so you gotta use those a lot.
Played against a random that was amazing with Jump and Speed art and completely threw me off the way he moved around so fast with that big ass sword of his was insane.

Great matches until the lag hit us though. :)

Top Bottom