• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Finalow

No response from them?

Got a lot of lag that time. Maybe its a region thing, where are you from?
yeah we have a 4th now but gotta go back to main menu to accept his request, give me a second and I'll remake the room.

edit/from EU, still laggy for me as well. yesterday there was 0 lag until the last match, dunno.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just bought the game and Samus amiibo.

So, since I've only played Brawl's SSE and I don't see anything similar here for SSB4WU, what should I choose to play single player and train while unlocking stuff?
Can't check the op atm (on mobile) and the manual's not helping.

I feel a bit overwhelmed, there's ton of stuff but I dunno where to start. Just sp and hopefully not a dried up training mode with no meaning, I'll leave mp for next week. Suggestions?

Blues1990

So, since I've only played Brawl's SSE and I don't see anything similar here for SSB4WU, what should I choose to play single player and train while unlocking stuff?

I feel a bit overwhelmed, there's ton of stuff but I dunno where to start. Just sp and hopefully not a dried up training mode with no meaning, I'll leave mp for next week. Suggestions?

If you want to unlock all the characters, go to Smash, set it to a stock match of one, play a s a fast character that can drop quickly (such as Fox) and keep dropping off. You can use this guide as a cheat sheet.

Alternatively, you can go to Classic mode and battle it out, or go into training mode if you want to spruce up your skills.

Blues1990

I just send you a invite and you would know that it's me.

Cool, I'll be there in two-shakes of a tail feather.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently, I can't join, because I was (somehow) suspended from online play for the next 10 minutes. Even though I haven't played an online match & have been squarely focused on unlocking stuff in the Challenges. Sorry, man. :(

Boney

Banned

Start with the event matches. They're fun and have a theme. Plus you get to use all characters

Malajax

Start with the event matches. They're fun and have a theme. Plus you get to use all characters

Excellent suggestion. Classic and all-star mode are good to practice up in as well. Or just fight the cpu or your amiibo in "Smash".

On another note, I'll be free for bracket 3 matches in about 30 min.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If you want to unlock all the characters, go to Smash, set it to a stock match of one, play a s a fast character that can drop quickly (such as Fox) and keep dropping off. You can use this guide as a cheat sheet.

thanks for the reply but that's the exact opposite of what I want to do.
I wanna play and have fun, while learning and unlocking stuff if possible, not cheat my way with a freakin' boring unlocking-job

Sounds super! Didn't even notice "Event matches", ahah. Great.

Excellent suggestion. Classic and all-star mode are good to practice up in as well. Or just fight the cpu or your amiibo in "Smash".

On another note, I'll be free for bracket 3 matches in about 30 min.

Cool, I'll do the event matches and maybe mix it up with classic and all-star matches every once in a while. I'll look into "Smash" too.
So, the SFII-like arcade mode (choose 1 character and get to the final boss to see the ending/unlock stuff) is called Classic here?

Cheers guys.

Top Bottom