• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Blues1990

Hey, IntelliHeath. Thank you for the fun matches. Both your Gannondorf & Little Mac are solid. I still need to work on my stuff for Mega Man.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hey, IntelliHeath. Thank you for the fun matches. Both your Gannondorf & Little Mac are solid. I still need to work on my stuff for Mega Man.

It's a shame that I haven't use my best character against you yet since you left so suddenly.

Good Games and it was fun! :D For reference, please turn poke balls off even I threw them away but it's still annoying.

Malajax

Cool, I'll do the event matches and maybe mix it up with classic and all-star matches every once in a while. I'll look into "Smash" too.
So, the SFII-like arcade mode (choose 1 character and get to the final boss to see the ending/unlock stuff) is called Classic here?

Cheers guys.

Classic is the most basic arcade mode, yes. All-star is a gauntlet that has you fighting all of the characters in reverse release chronolical order. "Smash" is just the general multiplayer mode, but you can fight against cpu opponents and your amiibo. It's the biggest option on the menu lol.

Blues1990

It's a shame that I haven't use my best character against you yet since you left so suddenly.

Good Games and it was fun! :D For reference, please turn poke balls off even I threw them away but it's still annoying.

Oh, I was wondering why those things were popping up, along with that Super Mushroom. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

DooD1234

You probably had them on. Since it always picked loser's rules. First match we had together

Strange. You are one of only few people that actually have lags in East Coast against me. Wifi or Wired?
Wii fi. I can't do wired or that would require me to yank my wii u out of the living room and play on the game pad.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay, that KO punch hurt like hell when I missed that ledge lol

:lol yeah. I hate it when it happened. I just knew that it would happens so I decided to took that advantage. :)

Edited: What is up with your obsessions with Battlefield? I don't really see why you can't picking other stages like Smashville, Final Destination/Omega Form, Duck Hunt, etc. Is it safe to presume that it's your best stage because Pit can do well in Battlefield.

DooD1234

:lol yeah. I hate it when it happened. I just knew that it would happens so I decided to took that advantage. :)

Edited: What is up with your obsessions with Battlefield? I don't really see why you can't picking other stages like Smashville, Final Destination/Omega Form, Duck Hunt, etc. Is it safe to presume that it's your best stage because Pit can do well in Battlefield.
Nah, I just like battlefield no matter the character.

Blues1990

Okay, I'll add you and make a room.

Okay, I'm ready. (Oh, and I got too greedy. If I had just stayed with what I had, I would have had 300,000 gold. Instead, I went all the way to get 1,000,000, & I blew it.)

Oh, I thought you had to go then I wonder why you left early. I presume that you want to keep that victory and left? :p

No, I just wanted to go to the Spectate Mode while I had some dinner. Sorry about that, as I wasn't trying to come across as a sore loser.

I don't play For Glory online that often so this is probably not new to a lot of you, but it looks like less mature Smash players have figured out how to troll and be a jerk to people without PSN/Xbox Live's voice chat. I lost a For Glory match against a really good Mega Man last night, and when we got back to the CSS, he proceeded to repeatedly cycling his name between "SCRUB," "NOOB," "KILL," "UR," and "SELF."

If people worked as hard at achieving things and bettering themselves as they do at finding new ways to be assholes to other people, this world would be a very different, much better place today. I didn't even mind losing because it was interesting seeing all the advanced stuff he was doing with Mega Man against me, but what's the point in being a dick about it? I'll never understand people.

Yea I tried using a high attack custom at first and was doing ok, then I tried doing a build with two of my highest defense and one attack and did it in one try

Interesting. Are you talking about Marth 9.0 or No Deaths 9.0 here?

I would not hesitate to decide to hammer away the headgear and 50000 block challenges. At least the super difficult ones are interesting, even though probably super frustrating. For the headgear though, it's probably worth waiting to hammer until after you've been trying the classic mode ones for a while. You might accidentally complete that or the custom moves thing.

Well, I'm thinking I might as well not hammer the 50,000 Trophy Rush blocks challenge because there's always a chance I could get the two hats I'm still missing during the grind, and it's repetitive but at least it's easy and mindless with Donkey Kong. I'll take that over getting super salty and frustrated over having to do both remaining 9.0 challenges. :p

You're going to do it in two runs. There's no question about that. Make a tank for the no death run and a glass cannon build for Marth's 12 minute run.

Vampire Gear (You got one from clearing the Lucina Cruel Smash challenge) breaks Classic Mode. Use a heavy character like Ganondorf or Bowser because Vampire heals you relative to the damage you deal so heavy hitters heal much more on their hits. Use a Defense badge and then something to help deal with the increase weight, I had a badge that improved jump height so Ganondorf could actually navigate Master Fortress.

The Marth one could be tricky because of time more than anything. I used a hammer on that but after seeing how busted proper equip set ups can be it doesn't seem too implausible. I see two methods: make Marth a true glass cannon with two attack badges and a defense badge (just to help reduce launch effect) or try out a Home-Run bat abuse build used for Crazy Orders. For glass cannon method, vampire might help but I don't think it boosts your attack high enough and your priority is time so you need to be KOing more than just survival. If using Home Run Bat gear, I'd use the item chucker to help rather than quick batter because the CPU is much more aggressive in Classic Mode than in Crazy Orders and the Bat is an amazing throwing weapon with great damage and launch power.

If you're having trouble learning Master Core's attacks or the best path to navigate Master Fortress's mooks, there's always youtube vids of people playing at 9.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c3KJR5G8I8
Edit: That guy's equipment at the beginning is a lie. He used Vampire gear so it seems viable again. Holy crap at the Master Shadow part. 0_0

Other than that, it's the basic best practices tips: Go for 1on1 fights as much as possible and if in a 6+ fight, dodge until the CPUs kill each other, and spam that C-stick. Even if it is 9.0 the computer still isn't that smart.

Thanks for all the advice! I'll try all this. Sadly, I've already failed more than two runs tryng to do these, mainly because I suck really hard at not taking a ton of damage during the human form of Master Core and I just suck at Master Fortress in general. :( I'll get there, though... eventually.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dood, good games. I'm trying to get used to your lags but I couldn't able to. You probably got used to it, and it made a huge difference since I can't really use shield on timing correctly for perfect shield (or shield at all).

Wish that we could fight on better term

No, I just wanted to go to the Spectate Mode while I had some dinner. Sorry about that, as I wasn't trying to come across as a sore loser.

Oh, alright. I wasn't sure if you were one of those people. I had a lot of those people lately. I was wondering if it's widespread.

DooD1234

Dood, good games. I'm trying to get used to your lags but I couldn't able to. You probably got used to it, and it made a huge difference since I can't really use shield on timing correctly for perfect shield (or shield at all).

Wish that we could fight on better term

Oh, alright. I wasn't sure if you were one of those people. I had a lot of those people lately. I was wondering if it's widespread.
Ah, sorry to hear that. Guess I won't fight you again if you are not having any fun at all.
Good games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ah, sorry to hear that. Guess I won't fight you again if you are not having any fun at all.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm having fun playing with you but I wouldn't able to take you 100% serious and trying my best since lags would be frustrating for me if I decided to take you serious.

Masked Man

I said wow
Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for being AWOL. I went back to the US to visit my family for two weeks, and I was off the grid the entire time. I'll be available to play my matches just about any time that I'm not at work, so feel free to hit me up. Looking forward to Smashing more with you all in 2015! :D

Blues1990

Okay, it's official. I blow donkey chunks while playing as Mega Man. I need more practice. -_-

Thank you for the matches, Anonymous Tipster. If I have learned something, is that I don't know a goddamn thing about playing as the Blue Bomber.

Okay, it's official. I bow donkey chunks while playing as Mega Man. I need more practice. -_-

Aw, don't be hard on yourself. I don't like to just offer up advice without being asked, but I'd say what you should work on the most is returning from off stage. Popping Rush Coil so early leaves you pretty vulnerable. Try mixing it up a bit and coming in low, where it's traditionally harder to get you!

Fun games though! Good luck! :)

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry for being AWOL. I went back to the US to visit my family for two weeks, and I was off the grid the entire time. I'll be available to play my matches just about any time that I'm not at work, so feel free to hit me up. Looking forward to Smashing more with you all in 2015! :D

We haven't actually played at all, haha. Would you be free for some now? :)

Blues1990

Aw, don't be hard on yourself. I don't like to just offer up advice without being asked, but I'd say what you should work on the most is returning from off stage. Popping Rush Coil so early leaves you pretty vulnerable. Try mixing it up a bit and coming in low, where it's traditionally harder to get you!

I'll try to keep that in mind. I was also trying to dodge>Mega Upper Cut, but the timing on that technique is difficult.

We haven't actually played at all, haha. Would you be free for some now? :)
I'll play u for a couple right now if ur up to it.

Nabster92

Interesting. Are you talking about Marth 9.0 or No Deaths 9.0 here?

Well, I'm thinking I might as well not hammer the 50,000 Trophy Rush blocks challenge because there's always a chance I could get the two hats I'm still missing during the grind, and it's repetitive but at least it's easy and mindless with Donkey Kong. I'll take that over getting super salty and frustrated over having to do both remaining 9.0 challenges. :p

Thanks for all the advice! I'll try all this. Sadly, I've already failed more than two runs tryng to do these, mainly because I suck really hard at not taking a ton of damage during the human form of Master Core and I just suck at Master Fortress in general. :( I'll get there, though... eventually.

I think I was more referring to the no death 9.0 challenge. I don't quite remember the Marth one specifically being as hard. Maybe being a Marth main for Melee and Brawl helped with that though.

Edit: For the Marth challenge, maybe it would help if you tried an equipment that starts you off with a home run bat?

Last one for me Direct quote! Getting smashed out here!

Edit: Haha, that's a good one to end on. Good games buddy! Nice Palutena as per usual! :)
Yah ggs, guess I need to grind more in for glory to handle your mega man(+ your other 4+ characters) >_<. Actually I think for glory is teaching me bad habits (like obvious run grabs).

Just bought the game and Samus amiibo.

So, since I've only played Brawl's SSE and I don't see anything similar here for SSB4WU, what should I choose to play single player and train while unlocking stuff?
Can't check the op atm (on mobile) and the manual's not helping.

I feel a bit overwhelmed, there's ton of stuff but I dunno where to start. Just sp and hopefully not a dried up training mode with no meaning, I'll leave mp for next week. Suggestions?

Here's the order I would do things in:

Basic:

Home-Run Contest (Found in Stadium)
Multi-man 10-man and Endless Smash (Also Stadium)
Trophy Rush (Found in Games & More, Vault, Trophies)
Smash Tour is pretty lame but used for unlocking some things

Intermediate:

Classic (Start on 2.0 difficulty, work your way up gradually)
Events on Easy
Target Blast (Found in Stadium)
Master Orders
Multi-man 100-man and 3-minute Smash (Stadium)

Advanced:

Events on Normal and Hard
Crazy Orders
All-Star
Multi-man Rival and Cruel Smash (Stadium)

On another note, RANBATS bracket 2! Emb, SalvaPot, JnWake, JagsRock and Euphemism! I see you also need matches. Let's knock them out tonight. I have either friended or requested you. Let me know on here.

Vena

Heh. I finally got home from vacation back... home (so now I am back at college), and I realize that I forgot: my gamepad charger, my HDMI cable, my Cat6 cable, and my WiiU feet-stands.

:(

It was cheaper to just order replacements (Amazon Prime!) than to have them shipped in a timely manner. Oh well, kinda bummed I had to waste 40$ but that's what I get for forgetting. So no Smash for me for a few days.

Top Bottom