• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

SmashGAF, tell me the secret of how to play with characters other than King Dedede... Whenever I play online he's the only one I can reliably succeed with.

That clumsy goofball is so good... I really don't remember him being so awesome in Brawl.

SmashGAF, tell me the secret of how to play with characters other than King Dedede... Whenever I play online he's the only one I can reliably succeed with.

That clumsy goofball is so good... I really don't remember him being so awesome in Brawl.
When you main an awkward character like DDD it's hard using others lol.

I use Wario. I know. ;( My secondaries are ass compared to my Wario.

Holy shit, my first win against you! I am sure the lag at the end didn't help, but I don't know what is causing it. I was just playing For Glory perfectly.

GGs. I understand. A couple of my off-stage SDs were from lag (the Down-B and the bair where I couldn't get my jump input).

Holy shit, my first win against you! I am sure the lag at the end didn't help, but I don't know what is causing it. I was just playing For Glory perfectly.

GGs. I understand. A couple of my off-stage SDs were from lag (the Down-B and the bair where I couldn't get my jump input).

yea that thing was stuttering way too much and I couldn't even recover

When you main an awkward character like DDD it's hard using others lol.

I use Wario. I know. ;( My secondaries are ass compared to my Wario.

Haha, exactly.

I guess I find the other characters less tanky and too... uh.. quick. I'll often end up misjudging an attack and divebombing off of a stage, or just get juggled by enemies until I end up wandering offscreen.

With King Dedede, he can survive the abuse and still manage to wreak havok, even with clumsy one-off attacks like his running side attack. And Dedede's float-jump coupled with the high jump makes him capable of surviving some of the farthest offscreen throws I've taken. He's just so perfect.

jnWake

Nice matches Steve. You got me really worried for a moment but then I got in the zone :p

That SD with Zelda was unfortunate though. I liked your Ganondorf and Duck Hunt was a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I'm up for matches Karsticles.

Nice matches Steve. You got me really worried for a moment but then I got in the zone :p

That SD with Zelda was unfortunate though. I liked your Ganondorf and Duck Hunt was a pain in the ass.

I have a tendency to do that at least once with Zelda unfortunately it seems.

GGs Shamrock. Link is my worst matchup. Feels like total BS to me.

Room is up.

I have a tendency to do that at least once with Zelda unfortunately it seems.
You good for after jnwake?

Astral Dog

This is way too late, but, after buying and playing for some trophies, since like two months, i was surprised at some that are on the game. like Zael from Last Story or Mio from Fatal Frame II.

What were the trophies that surprised you, if any?

This is way too late, but, after buying and playing for some trophies, since like two months, i was surprised at some that are on the game. like Zael from Last Story or Mio from Fatal Frame II.

What were the trophies that surprised you, if any?
Lil' Oinks from the first Paper Mario (as in, the little pigs you could farm and raise who's only appearance was in a fourteen year old N64 game) was probably the most "what" inducing trophy for me.

Good games Karst. I just couldn't capitalize. My non-Shiek characters couldn't get anything going, and I just can't kill with Shiek at all. I continue my winless streak through Ranbats.

Good games Karst. I just couldn't capitalize. My non-Shiek characters couldn't get anything going, and I just can't kill with Shiek at all. I continue my winless streak through Ranbats.
Shiek is safe, fast, and builds damage fast. In exchange she is poor at killing. Though I think her Bair does well.

I couldn't believe that kill you got with her up B. Right through Fortress. :-O

Shiek is safe, fast, and builds damage fast. In exchange she is poor at killing. Though I think her Bair does well.

I couldn't believe that kill you got with her up B. Right through Fortress. :-O

Only to pull my patented move of not targeting the teleport correctly. One of these days that'll become second nature...

Top Bottom