• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Alright, one more and then I've gotta turn in! Great games so far!

EDIT: Thanks for playing Namikaze! Your Yoshi's definitely improved from the 3DS, especially your egg game. Fun games for sure!

I have 3 days off this weekend, and I'd like to get the rest of my bracket matches done. Hopefully we can make that happen.

Everyone should have match 4 done by Sunday.

Nabster92

I've got about a half hour, anyone else for a few more 1v1s?

I noticed you left me off the hook a lot on some excessive rolls lol.

I used to play Marth in Melee as well and I am constantly trying to play him the same which ends up being jank. (I skipped Brawl after the first year, so I haven't exactly maintained my skills of Smash lol. Slowly piecing them back together.) The dittos were fun, though, as I was basically just doing what I do best in Smash, and that's simply to mimic what I see, lol. I learned a lot about his approach options, but I still am stuck trying to play Melee fair/bair options a lot.

Your Rosa is very aggro, and its actually scary to see her played like that as every other fight against her is usually very campy and hiding behind Luma. I don't know if that's generally how you play her or just how you can play her against someone of my current level lol.

Also a lot of those counters were meant to be DBs, lol, but I have a tendency to still mess up inputs.

That's pretty much generally how I always play lol.

Thanks man! I'm actually surprised you were able to find my comment and reply after this many pages. Props to you! Your olimar is the best one I've seen, I kinda fell bad because I was an olimar main in brawl but I just didn't feel him here. Seeing you do so good with him made me want to try him again

Edit: oh and little Mac super armor is on his smashes, on the very first couple of frames

Oh, I just looked through my posts and yours was right below. :) I wanted to main Villager but he didn't click with me too well. I'm now interested in learning Lucina and Fox. I'll be playing online a lot more once the MayFlash GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U and the LAN adapter arrive in the mail, which should be in less than a week, hopefully. Can't wait.

Thanks for the Olimar compliments! I think most of the muscle memory is still there from Brawl. He has a very similar feel and some of the combos still work.

Olimar's knockback is a little weaker and his Up Smash seems nerfed but I love his new recovery and Pikmin management is easier now that you pluck them in a specific order. I'm not sure if his whistle has super armor like in Brawl.

jorgejjvr

Oh, I just looked through my posts and yours was right below. :) I wanted to main Villager but he didn't click with me too well. I'm now interested in learning Lucina and Fox. I'll be playing online a lot more once the MayFlash GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U and the LAN adapter arrive in the mail, which should be in less than a week, hopefully. Can't wait.

Thanks for the Olimar compliments! I think most of the muscle memory is still there from Brawl. He has a very similar feel and some of the combos still work.

Olimar's knockback is a little weaker and his Up Smash seems nerfed but I love his new recovery and Pikmin management is easier now that you pluck them in a specific order. I'm not sure if his whistle has super armor like in Brawl.
Hmm I might have to give him a try again then

Anyways, any 1 v 1?

So I've been playing super smash on the 3ds and just got a Wii u. If I link my NNID will all my unlocked characters and stages transfer over? I really don't want to start from scratch.....

Hey Blackmage, would you be cool with us doing a practice match sometime where you just spam projectiles and I experiment with different options I have?

So I've been playing super smash on the 3ds and just got a Wii u. If I link my NNID will all my unlocked characters and stages transfer over? I really don't want to start from scratch.....

There are fewer unlockable characters on the WiiU version at least so you should have everyone pretty fast. The custom moves will be a grind again though.

jorgejjvr

Ggs romance, have to go eat now! Your are a beast, literally xD. My Mac has been failing me a bit, luckily I have rob to back me up! Haha

Tesseract

Banned
that feeling when you meteor as zss

bYeagX9.gif

Hey guys. Just got my mayflash 4 controller gamecube adapter. Wanted to know if wave bird controllers work well with smash online?

Wavebirds are generally fine. Not going to be as precise as wired, and I have the occasional hiccup when I'm using one, but by and large they work just fine. If wired seems impractical to you, a Wavebird is fine. If you want the best in terms of low input lag and guaranteed lack of interference, then go wired. I have both wired and Wavebirds and tend to prefer wired myself. But I've also used a Wavebird and certainly didn't think it was hindering me much (at least not in any perceptible sense).

Though I will say that I had a buddy who was over one time who -- after using the Wavebird for several matches -- requested to switch to a wired controller he knew I had because he swore that certain inputs he was doing weren't registering right. I'm not saying that with the intent to sound skeptical and accuse him of making excuses, but just felt like relaying that at least one person swore more reliability with the wired.

Thanks man. I'll grab a wired control later. But glad I don't have to use the game pad anymore. Was just to hard to get used to. Also I suck at smash at the moment.

guaranteed lack of interference

This is the reason to use a wired pad. I've had a wavebird mess up on me during Mission 6(?) in F-Zero GX Story Mode which means Captain Falcon got blown up. Always happens when you need it to work, which tends to be every time if you're actually playing video games and not idling or messing around a menu.

JoeInky

So shall I just make a room then or what, doesn't seem like many people are that invested in these threads since the release hype ended (no surprises there though)

Also I just got really annoyed there for a second, got a quick glimpse of this tip without fully reading it and had to scroll through god knows how many pages on the tip page to find it again:

Dr. Mario: Downward Throw
Unlike Mario's down throw, Dr. Mario's always sends the foe bouncing upward, so you can follow it up more easily with an air attack.

I thought that it said Dr Mario's DThrow was easier to follow up which is clearly false, though I guess the fact that it says air attack makes it a bit better.

But still, anything implying Dr. Mario's DThrow is better than Mario's is just silly.

Why is this dead?

Several reasons. Wii U version has been out for almost two months. The 3DS version of the same game has been out since mid September. The game isn't new anymore. Couple that with the move to Community and you're left with only a core group of users that's only going to diminish in number.

jorgejjvr

Several reasons. Wii U version has been out for almost two months. The 3DS version of the same game has been out since mid September. The game isn't new anymore. Couple that with the move to Community and you're left with only a core group of users that's only going to diminish in number.
Move to community?

Top Bottom