• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
If mega man has the same trophies he does on the 3ds, plus these trophies, and we assume other series will get equal treatment and more trophies, how many trophies will the Wii U game have!? Getting all of them will be a big task if there's 800 or more of them

I'm gessing there will be around 900-1000 trophies in the Wii U version.

Subspace_Emissary_Logo.jpg

The Uprising was a controlled uprising so you had to uprise as side characters so the main upriser can start uprising his revengeance.

ROB has the best lore.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
That Bass trophy is sexual.

I can't believe how much better Nintendo are threating the Mega Man franchise these days than fucking Capcom.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really love those trophies. I'm looking forward to see Roll and Proto Man trophies. I hope that they would do Dr. Light, Dr. Wily and few popular robot masters too.

Goon Boon

Banned

I can't believe how much better Nintendo are threating the Mega Man franchise these days than fucking Capcom.

Remember than instead of releasing the pretty much done MML3D trial/beta version (a reviewer confirmed the content was done, and there was very few bugs if any at all allegedly), they never released it (even though easy money) followed by the salting of the earth of anything Megaman related.

They didn't let Megaman die, they murdered him.

I really love those trophies. I'm looking forward to see Roll and Proto Man trophies. I hope that they would do Dr. Light, Dr. Wily and few popular robot masters too.

Well Dr. Wily does have a trophy in the 3DS version.

Would DLC characters bring a set of trophies with them?
How would that work.

What exactly are you trying to ask? They would add DLC trophies. I don't see how this is complex.

Jawmuncher

What exactly are you trying to ask? They would add DLC trophies. I don't see how this is complex.

Would they just be randomly placed in the store?
Given to the player for buying the DLC?

Guess I should have written that all out.
Since obviously adding DLC trophies is easy.

Really hope if things go particularly south for Capcom and they start auctioning off IP's, Nintendo snatches up Mega Man; they'd make far better use of it.

Would they just be randomly placed in the store?
Given to the player for buying the DLC?

Guess I should have written that all out.
Since obviously adding DLC trophies is easy.

I imagine they'd be unlocked automatically for buying the DLC, except for the fighter-based ones, which I assume would have to be unlocked by beating Classic/All-Star with the DLC character(s).

balohna

I imagine they'd be unlocked automatically for buying the DLC, except for the fighter-based ones, which I assume would have to be unlocked by beating Classic/All-Star with the DLC character(s).
I would imagine they'd be added to the pool of trophies you COULD get, through normal means.

I would imagine they'd be added to the pool of trophies you COULD get, through normal means.
Yeah, don't see why DLC characters wouldn't have DLC classic/All-Star trophies to go alongside their addition.

I think the real question is if we get DLC characters, since they'll inevitably be somebody who already has a trophy in one of the versions if not both, what happens to the trophy they used to have? Say if Lucas and Wolf get made playable, do their original 3DS trophies get a (Mother 3) and (Assault) thing after their names like the alt versions of Link/Zelda/Ganondorf do for their OoT trophies?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Remember than instead of releasing the pretty much done MML3D trial/beta version (a reviewer confirmed the content was done, and there was very few bugs if any at all allegedly), they never released it (even though easy money) followed by the salting of the earth of anything Megaman related.

They didn't let Megaman die, they murdered him.

Wait, what!? I knew about Legends 3(DS) getting cancelled, but not about it being allegedly finished!

FUCK

Goon Boon

Banned

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Who remembers Melee, where pretty much all the trophies were made from scratch
Which also had the added benefit of lots of trophies for long forgotten characters who have no current game to rip models from.

Yeah, but different resource allocation.

Brawl and 4 took many of those made-from-scratch Trophies (well, not the same ones), and made them into animated Assist Trophies/Smash Run foes. It about evens out...

Who remembers Melee, where pretty much all the trophies were made from scratch
A good number of them were still probably pulled directly from CGI marketing material, at least in the case of the Mario/DK trophies, and you only had N64 games (besides the Luigi's Mansion/Pikmin trophies) to compare them back to. :V

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know, the GBA really got the short-end-of-the-stick...

Pretty much all the cut Assist Trophies originated on the GBA...Barbara, Isaac, Jill. Only GBA Assist Trophy new to the game is Nightmare, and only because he uses the GBA remake design.

Only Game Boy Advance stage is WarioWare, an old stage, and the only GBA music as far as I recall is the WarioWare theme from Brawl (Ashley's Theme and Ashley are from the DS game).

The only characters that originated on the GBA now that Lucas is cut are Biker Wario and ZSS, and they're just re-imaginings of classic characters.

random25

Bass and Zero...wow so cool! Happy that Sakurai gives Megaman all the love it needs right now
coz fuck Capcpcom
!

Excited to see Blues (Protoman) and Roll trophies when the game comes out.

Still hoping for a Protoman alt or clone character. Have it go along with Shadow and Ms. PAC-MAN.

Capcom, Nintendo and Sakurai HAVE to be gearing up for a new Mega Man game...right?

You know what I think would be smart and thus never happen?

Mega Man Maker

It's exactly the same as Mario Maker, you switch between 8-bit and a modern style based on his appearance in Smash. Modify the engine Mario Make.

If they're afraid of not being able to sell new games just have there be no bosses and exclusive to Wii U.

PKGaming

Banned
I wonder if we'll get Trophies of the other original Robot Masters to go along with Elec Man?

And yeah, I wouldn't worry about Xenoblade. I imagine Sakurai can easily rip models of the whole cast for Trophies, haha.

How many Xenoblade trophies are in the 3DS version? All I got so far is Shulk, Riki, and Dunban. That's it....

Zyrox

9xPbTAQ.jpg

Up on the site

Man what an amazing model. Mega Man and Bass is actually one of my favorite Mega Man games, really loved that game.
On the one hand, I'm really happy this trophy exists, and on the other hand, I'm sad that it's just a trophy....where's my HD Mega Man game, Nintendo/Sakurai/
Capcom
pls.

OH MY GOD. Just... Perfect.

Isn't that what the (ALSO FUCKING CANCELLED) Mega Man Universe was going to be?

i cry every tiem

Universe was cursed with a very unappealing art style, which was at least partly the cause of some serious anti-hype, which probably contributed to the game's cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom