• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

Eaten by Bowser and his Koopalings.

What does Bowser eat?
Little known fact: Bowser is a strict vegetarian.

mp4fruitsofdoom.png

Nope, never mentioned in a stage leak.
Shown officially by the FaceBook page (top right):
VFJYroj.jpg

Then confirmed via the CD.

It actually deconfirmed the surprisingly popular Tower of Smash stage list.

Not necessarily deconfirmed because of the great cave offensive.
As someone pointed out, the castle in the background looks strikingly similar to Dedede's Castle..

Was there any other thing that might deconfirm it so far?

mp4fruitsofdoom.png

WTF?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Drumsticks or tnt drumsticks. :p

mmmm, drumsticks...

As someone pointed out, the castle in the background looks strikingly similar to Dedede's Castle..

The way I see it, this is what makes or breaks the leak.
If it's just the Great Cave Offensive, then it breaks it., but if it turns out to be Mt. Dedede and GCO fusion, that pretty much confirms it.

if he didn't have stage names to go off of and only had images, it'd be pretty suspect if he was able to identify a pretty same-y kirby grassy area as cookie country but not great cave offensive

plus the fact that he has pretty intimate knowledge of this supposed tower of smash mode and even what some target test stages are like

mp4fruitsofdoom.png
But in Thousand Year Door, didn't Bowser grow bigger by eating meat?

I don't see why an already unbelievable leak is being defended after some pretty solid evidence against it has been shown. I know people like to use the "early information" excuse, but it really isn't going to cut it this time.
Tower of Smash is dead. The bones lied.
if he didn't have stage names to go off of and only had images, it'd be pretty suspect if he was able to identify a pretty same-y kirby grassy area as cookie country but not great cave offensive

plus the fact that he has pretty intimate knowledge of this supposed tower of smash mode and even what some target test stages are like
Absolutely.

Plus they said Event Matches were gone yet we've already seen the voice clip for them suggesting they're in the Wii U version.

You know what they ought to do.

They ought to have some kind of basic mario party style game board. Much simpler than Mario Party mind you. Then, after everyone's turn, they all enter a random Smash mode, Stamina Smash, Warp Star Smash, Bobomb Smash, Normal Smash, etc etc.. The kind of stuff you'd see at the end of Smash Run.

Gleethor

You know what they ought to do.

They ought to have some kind of basic mario party style game board. Much simpler than Mario Party mind you. Then, after everyone's turn, they all enter a random Smash mode, Stamina Smash, Warp Star Smash, Bobomb Smash, Normal Smash, etc etc.. The kind of stuff you'd see at the end of Smash Run.

I don't know why, but this reads like the kind of thing that I would post if I had insider knowledge of a Smash Wii U exclusive game mode but didn't want to outright "reveal" the details. Such a mode would probably be called something like, I don't know, Smash....World?

*Stares intensely at Polioliolio*

I don't know why, but this reads like the kind of thing that I would post if I had insider knowledge of a Smash Wii U exclusive game mode but didn't want to outright "reveal" the details. Such a mode would probably be called something like, I don't know, Smash....World?

*Stares intensely at Polioliolio*

*Flees the scene*

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-names/

Sakurai addresses what could be a question some fans have: “Does the word ‘for’ in the title contain the meaning of Smash Bros. 4?” While it doesn’t seem like the naming was intentional, it just so happens that “for” can also be thought of as “4”.

“This time the name of the system was used as a subtitle in order to avoid confusion among consumers,” Sakurai commented. “However, for both systems ‘Smash Bros. for’ is included in the titte, so isn’t that nice?”

I'm unsure if I should make a thread for this since it's not exactly related to Smash Bros. but I was listening to a Tropical Freeze gamerip and it turns out that there's an additional 2 minutes to the credits theme. If I'm allowed to post it, then I will.

and guess what, there's even more to the song because it just ends abruptly and we'll never get to hear it the rest of it unless someone raids the vault of Nintendo.

"Large Single Grape" seems like a band name.

I'm unsure if I should make a thread for this since it's not exactly related to Smash Bros. but I was listening to a Tropical Freeze gamerip and it turns out that there's an additional 2 minutes to the credits theme. If I'm allowed to post it, then I will.

and guess what, there's even more to the song because it just ends abruptly and we'll never get to hear it the rest of it unless someone raids the vault of Nintendo.

Please do. If you decide not to, PM me a link to the track anyway. Tropical Freeze had an awesome soundtrack.

I still think Super Smash Bros. 4 'Add System Name Here' would've driven the point home better, though I guess it may not have carried over to different languages as well?

Anyone can beat just about everything with spinning blades lever 4(or lower) and that crit hit badge. Easy 350/400+ damage if all hits connect lol.

If I hear or see an orne tho...quick retreat to the opposite direction
What is this crit badge everyone talks about? If I don't have it yet, it's not ubiquitous enough to just recommend willy-nilly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RE: that leak about seeing x characters having moving models

You know, moving models doesn't imply playable :p

RE: that leak about seeing x characters having moving models

You know, moving models doesn't imply playable :p
Spainkiller clarified via a PM to a Smashgaffer that this was both on the 3DS and Wii U version. Ridley flat out doesn't show up in the 3DS version and Dixie/Chorus Kids/Mewtwo are only static trophies.

plot twist: voice clips are old leftovers that weren't removed :p
I'M TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC HERE

zroid

Banned
Smash Run is very addictive:(

Yes it is. One thing that's confusing me though is what the point of multi-player is. After playing it I kind of understand better why they didn't put in the effort to make it online-ready. Even when you're playing with other people, it's like 85% single-player anyway. And the final battle isn't even that rewarding regardless. (the climbing and racing ones are kinda neat though)

Smash Run is fun mainly because of all the loot and beating up on hordes of random enemies. It's cool playing around with various equipment and powers too.

Kraatu

timthumb.php

Just a disclaimer, melons can be different around the world. I didn't knew as well that that thing was a melon. :)
Back to smash.

Who's ready for a picture of Conquest again?

Or maybe Sakurai is feeling generous and we'll get another 3DS shot of someone at the Home Run Contest platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom