• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feltrol

Banned
daily-en.jpg

Up on the site

Filler pic? Filler pic.

EDIT: Looks good, though.

jph139

Man that's a cool lookin' trophy.

Capcom NEEDS to use these Classic Mega Man redesigns somewhere. Or, hell, someone does...

Hatchtag

Banned
That feel when these trophies will (several years from now) start to be used for models on fan-made SSB characters. Shit's gonna be great.

Jawmuncher

What a load of Bullshit
MGS was so lazy compared to just these MegaMan trophies shown.
Also now that I see it, it's kinda crazy how much is here that was never even related to nintendo.
But that's what made snake so badass in smash.

Metal Gear didn't get anything near as cool.
Cardboard_Box_Trophy.jpg
Cypher_Trophy.jpg
Gekko_Trophy.jpg
Metal_Gear_REX_Trophy.jpg
Metal_Gear_RAY_Trophy.jpg
Shagohod_Trophy.jpg

Naked_Snake_Trophy.jpg
Iroquois_Pliskin_Trophy.jpg
Grenade_Launcher_Trophy.jpg
Gray_Fox_Trophy.jpg
Solid_Snake_Trophy.jpg

Muzy72

Banned
We neeeeed Mega Man 11 on Wii U using the Smash models for all the classic characters!! Seriously, Mega Man, Wily, and Bass look AMAZING! Can't wait to see Proto Man and Roll!!!

I just realised the characters on the site are in order of their Smash Bros debuts.

As in, it starts with the original character, then Melee, then Brawl, then 4.

They're even listed right down to their reveal order (eg, Meta Knight, Pit and ZSS are the first Brawl characters because they were in the reveal trailer, whereas Lucario and Toon Link are last as they were secret characters).

The Melee section is tiny though :( RIP Mewtwo and Ice Climbers

Text
Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing.

Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man.

:( no Bass alt

Those models are sick. I hope Zero is an AT.
I just realised the characters on the side are in order of their Smash Bros debuts.

As in, it starts with Melee characters, then Brawl, then 4.

They're even listed right down to their reveal order (eg, Meta Knight, Pit and ZSS are the first Brawl characters because they were in the reveal trailer, whereas Lucario and Toon Link are last as they were secret characters).

The Melee section is tiny though :( RIP Mewtwo and Ice Climbers
???

J@hranimo

Banned
Man those are phenomenal trophies. I'm really going to enjoy trophy collecting in the Wii U version a lot more than the 3DS version.

Also those Zero and Bass versions of Megaman Legends FS are boss too.

RomanceDawn

Spainkiller clarified via a PM to a Smashgaffer that this was both on the 3DS and Wii U version. Ridley flat out doesn't show up in the 3DS version and Dixie/Chorus Kids/Mewtwo are only static trophies.

I'M TRYING TO BE OPTIMISTIC HERE

Wow that is very good to know. I truly believe in Spainkiller's source. Normally I take a very reserved wait and see approach to all leaks but him? Nothing say's honest like a guy with killer in his name.

Well, looks like the watermarkless/clean image was already backed up, but I'd uploaded this in advance of checking the thread and don't wanna let it go to waste:

daily-en_20141013_pxuba.jpg

Nice to have further confirmation that the Wii U version will have trophies the 3DS version did not. Maybe Xenoblade will have more than a trifling amount of trophies (
literally just Shulk, Shulk (Sharla Alt.), Dunban and Riki
)?

Golnei

What happened to ROB Uprising.

Subspace_Emissary_Logo.jpg

Wow that is very good to know. I truly believe in Spainkiller's source. Normally I take a very reserved wait and see approach to all leaks but him? Nothing say's honest like a guy with killer in his name.

Even if they're both right, moving models could mean assist trophies or stage hazards. What if the hypothetical connectivity bonuses just allow you to use some stripped down Wii U stages including Pyrosphere on the 3DS, as well as a couple of extra assist trophies?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if we'll get Trophies of the other original Robot Masters to go along with Elec Man?

And yeah, I wouldn't worry about Xenoblade. I imagine Sakurai can easily rip models of the whole cast for Trophies, haha.

Nothing stopping his source from bullshitting him though.

Also those trophies look tits, but I hope it means Wario/Mother will get some of their extended casts in as trophies. Just like Brawl those series barely got any trophies in the 3DS version beyond what was already in-game or in Brawl, though I imagine in the case of Mega Man there's a much bigger audience who wants to see those under-used characters get redone in pretty HD.

If mega man has the same trophies he does on the 3ds, plus these trophies, and we assume other series will get equal treatment and more trophies, how many trophies will the Wii U game have!? Getting all of them will be a big task if there's 800 or more of them

Even if they're both right, moving models could mean assist trophies or stage hazards. What if the hypothetical connectivity bonuses just allow you to use some stripped down Wii U stages including Pyrosphere on the 3DS, as well as a couple of extra assist trophies?

That...seems like a stretch.

Even then, I doubt Sakurai would save fan-favorites like Mewtwo and Dixe as exclusive/transferable Assist Trophies/Pokeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom