• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they have some spoilertastic Xenoblade trophies. Unless we only want representation of stuff that happens before the story really kicks into gear.
Well, I know the descriptions of the trophies in the 3DS title only represent what happens before some of the more spoilertastic twists.

I wonder how far Sakurai is willing to go with it? I mean, I can see him doing Seventh (they appeared in TV ads for Xenoblade, after all), but bigger twists like
the characters revealed at Valak Mountain or Mechonis Core
, not so sure.

I really hope they have some spoilertastic Xenoblade trophies. Unless we only want representation of stuff that happens before the story really kicks into gear.

bzR38Bk.png

"Don't you mean 'Second Gear'?"

J-Tier

I just realized that the -mans are what makes most of these characters iconic. Pac-Man, and Mega Man.

So I'm sure we'll eventually see Rayman, Bomberman, Batman, Agnes and Aguman.

Neiteio

Mario, Pac-Man, and Sonic are HUGE to even non-gamers.

Mega Man and Simon Belmont are only big to gamers. And even then, a lot of gamers today probably don't know them. I know I got a lot of looks once when mentioning Mega Man to some people when it came to games I liked.
I know plenty of non-gamers who know who Mega Man is.

Now Simon Belmont would require explanation.

Zubz

Banned
I feel if any other 3rd-party characters were to become playable, it would ruin what we have now.

Mario, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic

Aside from Snake (even then, he feels out of place), I don't feel any other third-party character can meet the same standards as these guys.

Eh. I still feel Bomberman deserves in, too. Maybe that's just me.

Problem with Simon is he isn't iconic...I mean in terms of design, there's really no "set" Simon Belmont qualities besides having a whip. His appearance changes all the time.

Even though Sonic and Pac-Man went through re-designs, they have very set, iconic elements---color, shape---that Simon lacks.
Just have the sprite from the NES game. Done.
Likely wouldn't happen tho.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I feel if any other 3rd-party characters were to become playable, it would ruin what we have now.

Aside from Snake (even then, he feels out of place), I don't feel any other third-party character can meet the same standards as these guys.

4c7.png

Simon Belmont, dude. And Bomberman.

Bomberman.

I think he's the only character who'd fit alongside Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man. Classic character, well-known, cute and iconic design, and we'd have a nice even four Guest Stars.

Only problem is, would he be considered Hudson, or Konami?

Konami, they own Hudson.

Castlevania, Vampire Killer (really just MSX port of Castlevania, YMMV on how much it counts), Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, Haunted Castle (the arcade one), Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania Chronicles (port of a Sharp X68000 game), Castlevania Judgment, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Harmony of Despair (as DLC).

You forgot Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (in boss rush mode) and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (cameo in the Legendary Five dual crush), as well as various Konami cross-over games such as the Konami Wai Wai World series.

Simon Belmont is who I would want for a rep too. Castlevania is most strongly tied to Nintendo not only with the early games but the six Igavania's. Simon is protagonist of three of the first 4 Castlevania (though Castlevania IV on SNES is a retelling of the first games).

The problem is with Kojima's power at Konami I'm not sure if he would be open to letting Simon Belmont be used while Snake is cut and I don't think any third-party will be allowed multiple characters.

Also it would also allow a Captain N reunion.

Captain-N.jpg

Also with how close Tecmo and Nintendo have been Ryu Hyabusha would also be a good choice. His original trilogy of games were Nintendo exclusive (Metal gear were originally on MSX) and his latest solo adventure is on the Wii U.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
True. Razor's Edge was better than the vanilla versions, too.

But still: ever since DoA and the first Ninja Gaiden, Ryu has been very un-Nintendo.

Son Of D

4c7.png

Black Mage or Warrior from Final Fantasy. Black Mage is probably a more recognisable design (or iconic at least). Whilst not at the mascot level that Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man are the design is still one that people will recognise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
SE reps would likely include Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage, Moogle, or Cactuar.

And some weirdos who want some Geno guy just because his special attacks in some RPG did big damage.

jph139

I think that a Dragon Quest rep would easily trump Mega Man as far as iconic-ness goes, in Japan at least. Be it a Slime or a generic "Dragon Hero" character. Black Mage or another Final Fantasy rep would probably be up there, too.

And some weirdos who want some Geno guy just because his special attacks in some RPG did big damage.
I'd like him in for the same reason I've wanted other characters. Because he's one of my favorites. And IMO one of the few candidates left for potential Mario reps that are actually worth a damn.

That said, I think we're set on Mario characters for now, and I have a hard time imagining them adding any more in future installments. Plus even if they decided to add more, I know better than to expect Geno to ever make the cut, even if Square does get involved in the next game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well at least I can put on my CV that an image I made was the camel that broke a broke person's back.

To give them credit, they filled in all the squares, but that drawn with the paint tool background behind the slots on the right hand side really wasn't going to trick anyone.

I, on the other hand, was so lazy I literally only filled in the three slots you see in my photo. In fact, the image itself just uses my old Mario roster image as a base:

iThAsLNHKzdFY.jpg

As you can see, the P2 hand is in the same place, which itself is there to cover up the fact that most of P2 is missing because originally Kirby was covering it.

Also, someone please put them out of their misery and tell them it is Haruka. Apparently some are dying to know the mystery of the "ka person"

Filth

I just picked the game up. I spent like 10 min playing a solo game. Is there a story mode? Or do I just play random games against the cpu / online?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well if you guys want a laugh, the guy who made the Agnes leak is a having a total breakdown on KYM. SomoneSleeping was nice enough to send the guy BGBW's pic via email. I take back anything bad I said about him, seems like a cool dude.

He's even throwing a tantrum in the comments. Apparently he's butthurt over Duck Hunt's inclusion.

Oh wow.

I just picked the game up. I spent like 10 min playing a solo game. Is there a story mode? Or do I just play random games against the cpu / online?

Take it to 3DS OT.

Berordn

Well if you guys want a laugh, the guy who made the Agnes leak is a having a total breakdown on KYM. SomoneSleeping was nice enough to send the guy BGBW's pic via email. I take back anything bad I said about him, seems like a cool dude.

He's even throwing a tantrum in the comments. Apparently he's butthurt over Duck Hunt's inclusion.

uh yes this one third party rpg girl who spends most of her game being blissfully unaware of the obvious repercussions for her actions just so her character could be as trope-tastic as possible would be a much better representative for a nintendo mascot fighting game than the classic and somewhat iconic dog, obviously

oXFAcjZ.png

This is amazing.
I have lots of friend, more than you do shitty ass dinosaur dude.
He has lots of friend (singular).
Im 16 you jackass. I shouldnt even have gotten envolved with you in the first place, it was james that gave your stupid email to me, I thought it was a good idea to fool you, but then you have those jackasses on your side, Im surprised they trusted more in the ToS leak instead of mine, if I knew it would be in this way, I shouldnt even have my friend making the edits for me, all I needed to fool you was text.
my friend can edit better than that, jackass. also, who the fuck is bag?
No, he really can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom