• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

so why the beatles references using ganon and children

Maybe it has something to do with Lennon's solo song 'Mother' being one of Itoi's inspirations for the MOTHER series? Apparently, he empathised with the emotion expressed through it due to his own absent father.

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, it will probably be 4 rows with 13 on the first three and 13 or 11 on the last row which 11 would make sense to match the 3DS 49 spots.

Yeah this is likely, though I do wonder how exactly they'll arrange it so series don't bleed over to the next row or something.

Going by the Amiibo Wii U roster pic seeing that Link through Robin is 12 characters, and just guessing that the "clone corner" was added last second...it is kinda interesting that if you add the unlockables minus Doc/Lucina/Dark Pit and keep it 12x4 and add Ice Climbers back in you'd probably get something like this but with Wii U menu graphics:
EDHLlN2.png

So we could probably blame the clones for ruining an even grid. :p

The people worried about Jr being 3DS exclusive (lol) can finally rest assured now :p

lmao who the hell thought this

Going by the Amiibo Wii U roster pic seeing that Link through Robin is 12 characters, and just guessing that the "clone corner" was added last second...it is kinda interesting that if you add the unlockables minus Doc/Lucina/Dark Pit and keep it 12x4 and add Ice Climbers back in you'd probably get something like this:

So we could probably blame the clones for ruining an even grid. :p
I like your mock-up. Although knowing Sakurai, the clones are getting their own character spot. There is little doubt. Still can dream though.

FSLink

Banned
I like your mock-up. Although knowing Sakurai, the clones are getting their own character spot. There is little doubt. Still can dream though.

Yeah they'll get their own "slot" now that Ice Climbers are gone. It was more of a mockup of what it could have been before Ice Climbers were removed. So a couple rows will have more characters than the others now. If anything this kinda just makes it obvious that since they ran into issues with IC late development, they converted three alt costumes into characters since they had some extra time left but not enough to time to try to make like...a Solo Popo or a brand new character or whatever to fill the absence.

Maybe it has something to do with Lennon's solo song 'Mother' being one of Itoi's inspirations for the MOTHER series? Apparently, he empathised with the emotion expressed through it due to his own absent father.

image.php

I'm guessing "Orders" just refers to the order in which you fight enemies.

So since we're getting two hidden character reveals per week, I wonder if next week will be Mr. Game & Watch and Jigglypuff, with the two newcomers the week after? Or if we'll get one newcomer next week and the other the week after? I'm really looking forward to seeing Duck Hunt's HD model. Hell, Bowser Jr.'s and the Koopalings' too.

There's still a chance that they'll be unlocked if you link up a 3DS version that has everyone unlocked.

That's true, but the leak didn't specify that. It just said everything would be unlocked from the get-go.

The people worried about Jr being 3DS exclusive (lol) can finally rest assured now :p

There were people who thought this? I don't even...

Who knows, maybe Sakurai will make IC available.

With that said, the cost would be having separate DLC character purchase. Are you fine with that?
YES.
Fuck parity.
I think this is a better attitude to have than "Fuck the 3DS version." Parity is what killed Ice Climbers.
What's up with Olimar on the left? Something wrong with his helmet?
This is my favorite pic so far.
entry8-3.jpg

And I see they removed the names on the bottom of the character's thumbnails since the E3 demo.
Why would they remove the names? There's still room for them!

Twilight Princess' design has always been butt ugly, it's just that the HD is accentuating how ugly he always was.

He's never been good-looking, like Ghirahim tries to be. Ganon's just a rugged thief leader who acquired a sacred power and got some armor.

What's up with Olimar on the left? Something wrong with his helmet?

I believe Wario's arm is overlapping it. Check the shadow.

i dont get what youre trying to say here...

that's not the full roster on that pic, if youre saying the leak was true.

Probably sarcasm and forgot the /s.
I also agree with the people who hate the Twilight Princess design of Ganondorf. I wish we would have gotten Wind Waker design as an alt.

YES.Why would they remove the names? There's still room for them!

If you look closely, there's no text at all on that mini CSS, even for the player slots. Looks to me like they specifically removed all the text from that image to make such a small screenshot more easily visible. I'd guess that the character names are still on the CSS in the actual game.

Twiforce

You guys, I don't think the names are actually gone from the Wii U CC. Look at the top of that screenshot- the "Back" text as well as text for the VS. mode and rules are also missing. And considering those black vertical spaces underneath each icon, I think Sakurai just removed all text from that picture. I'm not sure why though. Demonstrative purposes? "Spoilers?"

Yikes, Ganondorf looks a little rough on the Wii U

They didn't change ROB's default art for the US Page. ROB looks amazing, I love how they made him really look like plastic. He really takes to this art style well. Ganondorf... not so much.

You guys, I don't think the names are actually gone from the Wii U CC. Look at the top of that screenshot- the "Back" text as well as text for the VS. mode and rules are also missing. And considering those black vertical spaces underneath each icon, I think Sakurai just removed all text from that picture. I'm not sure why though. Demonstrative purposes? "Spoilers?"

Probably just to unclutter a post that was supposed to be focused on amiibos.

I believe Wario's arm is overlapping it. Check the shadow.
That makes sense. I guess fighter images are just going to be flying around, and these just happened to overlap.
If you look closely, there's no text at all on that mini CSS, even for the player slots. Looks to me like they specifically removed all the text from that image to make such a small screenshot more easily visible. I'd guess that the character names are still on the CSS in the actual game.
That makes a lot more sense.
Yikes, Ganondorf looks a little rough on the Wii U

They didn't change ROB's default art for the US Page. ROB looks amazing, I love how they made him really look like plastic. He really takes to this art style well. Ganondorf... not so much.
screen-4.jpg

I have absolutely no problem with Ganondorf's "clay face."

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I thought it was Duck Hunt for 3DS and Ice Climbers for Wii U but it's a silly paranoia because Sakurai confirmed that both versions would have same roster.

Edited: I will comment more on leaks, updates and characters later since I'm busy At the moment.

It's nice to have something to alleviate this paranoia that the Wii U version was going to be some bare bones offering that had heavy cuts to features present in past Smash Bros and only have as much content as the handheld version. Since this more or less makes Event Matches more likely considering the announcer lines.

Were there lines for Special Smash?

This also shows that "leakers" can get several things right by chance only to be shot down once more details come out. Since this is obviously something the Tower of Smash leaker would have mentioned as an important feature, that "leak" is entirely dead.

Dr. Buni

This also shows that "leakers" can get several things right by chance only to be shot down once more details come out. Since this is obviously something the Tower of Smash leaker would have mentioned as an important feature, that "leak" is entirely dead.
The Tower of Smash leak is that one that says we are getting 10+ DLC characters?

I was surprised anyone was entertaining the idea. If we get any DLC this year, it will be stages.

I thought it was Duck Hunt for 3DS and Ice Climbers for Wii U but it's a silly paranoia because Sakurai confirmed that both versions would have same roster.

Edited: I will comment more on leaks, updates and characters later since I'm busy At the moment.

why are you being so paranoid, are you trying to reverse jinx it or something :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom