• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
screen-5.jpg

lolol

Arghhhh I hate how no clones are unlocked on that Wii U CSS pic.

I need to know if Shulk is before the clones on this one or not, 3DS's CSS annoys me so much.

Also, that mockup with the Ice Climbers and no clones makes lots of sense, will be interesting to see how they rearranged it in the end.

Wolf was cut because he didn't compliment Final Destination's colour scheme.
Doesn't explain why Ice Climbers were cut.
An image with Popo and Nana in front of the star and the planet would've been awesome.

More "red vs. blue" Final Destination image ideas:
Mario vs. Sonic and Mega Man (maybe throw Pac Man in with Mario)
Olimar with three Red Pikmin vs. Alph with three Blue Pikmin

I also really want to see red/white/blue Mario, Little Mac, and Sheik along with the white/blue Olimar with Red, White, and Blue Pikmin following him. Maximum Freedom.

Didn't you have to fight him in Star Fox Command? I could have sworn that you did, but I could be misremembering.
I think he can leave your team in Command if you made some choices.
Although the pattern should show rivals, but Ganondorf and Link are enemies and not rivals.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder will we have to beat classic mode with everyone again if we do it on the 3ds version?

I find Classic mode rather enjoyable this time round, though playing it on the commute helps. They've hit the perfect length and the branching path system means you can change things up every time.

ugoo18

I wonder will we have to beat classic mode with everyone again if we do it on the 3ds version?

I really hope linking the 3DS and WiiU version unlocks the complete x mode with all characters challenges because i sure as hell don't want to do Classic/All Star/Mii Team challenges all over again with everyone.

Dr. Buni

I really hope linking the 3DS and WiiU version unlocks the complete x mode with all characters challenges because i sure as hell don't want to do Classic/All Star/Mii Team challenges all over again with everyone.
I hope there is a way to choose if you want to unlock the stuff on the Wii U version when linking, because I certainly don't want to. I like unlocking stuff.

Ganondorf looks so bad because he has about half an inch of chin, which isn't just not manly at all, it's really frickin weird.

It's especially weird looking in the pic where he has an open mouth.. It's like the mouth is opening but the jaw isn't moving down to allow that to happen.. Like the mouth is just a cartoony texture.

Does the CSS leave any room for Wii U default, 3DS DLC characters? Doesn't appear to.
Doing the math, you can fit 52 (13 x 4) characters in the screen. The 3DS has space for 54 (9 x 6).
So that means you can fit 3 extra fighters in both screens and be fine. Pretty much ruins all leaks since they are predicting 4 or more IMO.

Lunar15

I don't really get why they need to censor the name of the modes. Like... what could that possibly spoil? Why does it matter that much?

J@hranimo

Banned
Cool character updates! Ganondorf looks like a beast as usual.

ROB looks like a brand new toy like Toon Link looks like a character straight out of claymation. This game is very nice.

Of course, top of the page lol.

I don't really get why they need to censor the name of the modes. Like... what could that possibly spoil? Why does it matter that much?
It says Tower of Smash. :O

Man, I really needed to buy other stuff next month, but Sakurai is gonna make me buy Smash WiiU isn't he? lol. Hope to learn more about this mode soon!
Now watch him not say a thing about it until after release. D:
Would be cool if it is a boss mode using various bosses from franchises, hopefully none reused from SSE tho.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?!

Ha! I can't' believe that they actually leave Wii U modes in 3DS files. I presume that the sound files are for 3DS when 3DS being controller for Wii U.

I wonder if it meant anything for those 4 characters.

Yeah, don't forget about other video with Yellow Team, 8 Player Smash, etc.

It's disappointing that Break The Target is actually gone. I do enjoyed Blast the Target but it's not exactly same tho.

Not sure if this has been posted

entry8-3.jpg

Was on the Amiibo page, shows more of the character roster in the Wii U version

I wonder if that's default roster for Wii U. I'm very curious about it.

Yeah this is likely, though I do wonder how exactly they'll arrange it so series don't bleed over to the next row or something.

Going by the Amiibo Wii U roster pic seeing that Link through Robin is 12 characters, and just guessing that the "clone corner" was added last second...it is kinda interesting that if you add the unlockables minus Doc/Lucina/Dark Pit and keep it 12x4 and add Ice Climbers back in you'd probably get something like this but with Wii U menu graphics:

That sound plausible. RIP Ice Climbers.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the TP design; just the execution of this particular model.

It looks much better once you put a human face on it rather than a melting clay abomination.

I really like how Ganondorf look in Wii U version.

So much hype!! How many of you now believe the Smash World leak? This pic makes me a true believer, thank you Sakurai!!

The way the leaker flopped and flipped with so many information, then eventually admitted that his source is playing with him then he said that he was serious about some of those information. It's hard to believe after he made so many mistakes.

Isaac being playable character would be very nice.

Smash World leak said this Smash World was an online mode, if it's related to this screenshot, it's clearly solo. He also said the Tower of Smash leak was real in his leak, when this also contradicts it. So the rambling mad man was just that, a mad man. No Dr Luigi for you!

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

This screenshot took out a lot of leaks.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
To be honest, I'm more surprised with Master Orders and Crazy Orders are in Solo section so it would make me even more curious to see what is main feature for Wii U.

Since we can see a long green banner in Smash U menu, which is more likely to be counterpoint to 3DS version's Smash Run.

Edited: I think it's possible that Master Orders and Crazy Orders might be related to Boss Battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom