• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

More Onett.

screen-8.jpg

SapphireZora

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been posted

entry8-3.jpg

Was on the Amiibo page, shows more of the character roster in the Wii U version

Interesting... It shows Ness and Ganondorf (who was just updated on the site), but then also Jigglypuff and Bowser Jr. who haven't been put on the site yet. Seems like such a random combination of unlockables too, especially Bowser Jr. as I'd hope he and Duck Hunt would get a little fanfare of some kind.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
screen-2.jpg

What are you doing DK? This is not the time to pose for a photo shoot!

His fur doesn't look too bad in this shot.

Clefargle

Hello SmashGAF! After lurking these Pic of the Day threads since the E3 reveal last year, and reading nearly every post, I'm finally able to post myself. I'm happy to hop on the train even if the journey is mostly behind us. Thanks for all the laughs and amusement over the past many months. This is the best place for Smash discussion that I've found. Awesome community, from character polls to leak discussion to the adoration of boots, Miku gifs, and celestial posteriors, SmashGAF is just great. :)

And hooray for a cool yet cryptic Pic of the Day!

I saw what you did there. ;)

Welcome, your cot is over there by BossDoggie

EulaCapra

entry8-3.jpg

Such effort to still try to hide the hidden characters away for like the 30 or so people that actually care about spoilers. And it's all undone by a non-spoiler page. Or maybe this is the Wii U starting roster of 40 characters... so they can make Ridley, Dixie Kong, etc. hidden.

And I see they removed the names on the bottom of the character's thumbnails since the E3 demo.

Hatchtag

Banned
Additional character hopes crushed. That screen is missing exactly 8 characters, and there are exactly 8 open spots. Still think there will be DLC though.
EDIT: Miscounted. 7 open slots (without resizing or fucking with spacing) but 8 hidden characters. How odd.

EulaCapra

Wait a minute, Tower of Smash leak...
The rumor about unlocking new characters by linking the 3DS and Wii U Version is true, and they are indeed Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, and Mewtwo, as well as one more, Impa. I am unsure how people without both versions will be able to obtain them. The Wii U Version has all the characters and stages unlocked from the get-go, and by linking to the 3DS Version, you can transfer over your custom characters and unlock all the custom parts you’ve obtained. Even though they share some Trophies, you’ll need to collect Trophies between each version separately.

entry8-3.jpg

Wii U gets even more cuts I guess!

Dr. Buni

The idea of DLC excite and scare me at the same time. I would love a few more characters, but more than 4 or 5 would be a tad too much, given the size of the current roster.
But...how? It's not like most dental hygiene products would come in his size...though I guess it could just be a carry-over from his human form.

They are fairly impressive teeth...
Indeed. Except for that brown thingie (caries?) you can see in his bottom teeth.

FSLink

Banned
Additional character hopes crushed. That screen is missing exactly 8 characters, and there are exactly 8 open spots. Still think there will be DLC though.
EDIT: Miscounted. 7 open slots (without resizing or fucking with spacing) but 8 hidden characters. How odd.

Yeah I count 7 as well. Also Little Mac is in a different position than normal, next to the DK series instead of the Kirby series.

Recreated it with the 3DS tiles just to get a visual on who's missing. Judging by how there's only 7 "slots" left it'll likely be resized. :p Little Mac's position does make me wonder if they'll actually throw the clones next to their counterparts this time around since it's not exactly the same as the 3DS positioning.

Majukun

so..master side and crazy side in japan,master orders and crazy orders in the west?

wonder why the censoring in the west though..he may be aware of the announcer "leak",but I don't think he considers the entire internet unable to make a connection anyway

Kinsei

Banned
Good catch. If The Great Cave Offensive didn't already kill that leak enough, the part about the Wii U version having all the characters unlocked from the get-go certainly does. Shame, but it's not surprising...

There's still a chance that they'll be unlocked if you link up a 3DS version that has everyone unlocked.

Hatchtag

Banned
My personal guess:
Master Orders and Crazy Orders contain part of the mode's localized name, Special Orders. The Japanese version of that name, however, isn't spoiled by Master Side and Crazy Side.
Honestly if someone went through the JP version's files they could probably find the JP mode name in the place Special Orders is in the US version's files. Might give us some more insight as to the content of the mode.

Looking at the sample screen, it seems there is only enough room for 48 fighters. Curious...
Edit: Unless one row becomes 13 characters, then that is 52 which would mean Miis each get a spot and one for DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom