• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely. Smash 3DS is a little light on Solo content so judging by the menu (using the correct measurements of course) it seems pretty good.

I feel like we're going to get a mini-direct for Smash Wii U

And then a full fledged Direct in December to end the year and prepare us for the release dates
I mean Q1-"2015" release windows :p
for 2015.

We should get a direct this month. "about WiiU/3DS games in winter"

Going to throw out a random theory:

- Master Order is like normal Classic, the kind you're used to in every Smash game.
- Crazy Order is the Street Fighter Rainbow Edition of Smash. Crazy rules, weird randomized sections (maybe Team Player Character vs. Giant Enemy), stuff that really fucks around with Smash.

Yeah, it means at least some of it isn't cut content if Master Orders/Crazy Orders is here.

My guess too. I'm guessing this is something smaller (think figure rush).
It'd probably be under the Vault if it was like that. Thinking this might be something to go alongside Classic and All-Star since it's not under the Stadium directory either, assuming it isn't a replacement for either of those modes.

Also betting on a direct in the coming weeks, probably a week after Bayonetta 2.
Gotta build up hype for the Agnes, Lanky Kong and Stork reveals!

Going to throw out a random theory:

- Master Order is like normal Classic, the kind you're used to in every Smash game.
- Crazy Order is the Street Fighter Rainbow Edition of Smash. Crazy rules, weird randomized sections (maybe Team Player Character vs. Giant Enemy), stuff that really fucks around with Smash.
Really wish I got a chance to see one of those out in the wild. Thing sounds hilariously bizarre, even if it was never official.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?!

lewd

Wow. I can't believe he censored a pic. Just in the US too. I guess he's aware of the sound files. Hoping for a much more meatier single-player mode than the 3DS version. There really should have been at least three variations on the Smash Run map.

8-player smash has to have some caveats if it's in. Not just final destination and no items. I feel like certain characters have to not be accessible. I want the game fine-tuned for 4 players, crazy stage hazards and a ton of items. If it supports 8 players than I feel the aforementioned scenario isn't at its best.

I'm super excited though. I feel there'll definitely be a direct around the end of the month. Smash Run was revealed during a direct this spring I'm sure there'll be one for the Wii U modes.

Golnei

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Shit is about to get real!

We moving out of 3DS filler pic territory, son.

That sneaky, secretive... PERSON is just going to leave us hanging, isn't he?

random25

Maybe Crazy ****** (* coz it's censored :p) mode will be like this:

- 1 stage where you're one-on-one against a Metal Giant character
- 1 stage where 2 Yellow Devils will gang up on you in the Megaman stage
- 1 stage where you finally get to meet a familiar boss
Ridley :p
- 1 stage where Fighting Mii Team is in Cruel Smash level.
- 1 stage where you fight both Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core
- Final stage will be against Tabuu, spamming OHKO shockwave once it's near death :p

J@hranimo

Banned
We should get a direct this month. "about WiiU/3DS games in winter"

Haha that's feasible too. I feel like a Mini-direct for the Wii U is just about right though, but I suppose another trailer for Captain Kinopio! would be good right before release. Oh yeah it doesn't come out everywhere until January!

Wow. I can't believe he censored a pic. Just in the US too. I guess he's aware of the sound files. Hoping for a much more meatier single-player mode than the 3DS version. There really should have been at least three variations on the Smash Run map.

8-player smash has to have some caveats if it's in. Not just final destination and no items. I feel like certain characters have to not be accessible. I want the game fine-tuned for 4 players, crazy stage hazards and a ton of items. If it supports 8 players than I feel the aforementioned scenario isn't at its best.

I'm super excited though. I feel there'll definitely be a direct around the end of the month. Smash Run was revealed during a direct this spring I'm sure there'll be one for the Wii U modes.
If 8-player matches are in and are literally 8 players using 8 controllers to play as 8 perfectly normal characters all on the same screen, I reckon the limitation will be that items (or really graphic-intensive ones at least) will be turned off by default to keep the game 1080/60fps.

In Crazy "Mode" you have to play the game with a pixel filter applied on top of the action.
I feel like the only person who found that pixel/static-filter feature neat in Rayman Legends' final bonus world.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
For him to be this blatant with the teasing... either a full announcement is imminent (gird your loins), or else he is just really confident that this new mode is going to be positively received. I think Sakurai and Nintendo have well and truly earned my faith, and if my patience is required as well, then so be it.

Oh shit, today's pic... seems like Smash World is probably real, then!

Looks like we need to activate the Masked Man signal. Gotta confirm that the uncensored Japanese pics really do say "order!"

deleted

I love the fast that the game comes out so soon and we don't know anything about the Wii U specific modes. Feels a little bit like 'the good old days'. If we could have a worldwide release it would be even better to discoveer ervything on my own terms.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
So smashbros.com still hasn't updated... but site updates such as a new character page or a how to play page or whatever are usually prepared in advance so they can be put up at the same time as the Miiverse post, aren't they? There's no reason to get unnaturally excited, is there?

I'm twisting my brain into knots trying to think of how a fresh and unique single-player experience could be introduced to the series. I'll have to take a break for the sake of my own sanity!

Actually, with some further rumination I reckon that all signs point to Playable Hands Mode. I wouldn't have thought you could turn that into a truly engaging concept, but I'm prepared to be amazed.

What I really want to know now is, if "Solo" is still a subdivision of "Games & More", will there be an equivalent replacement for the "Smash Run" option on the main menu?

So many damn questions, and my prediction is that Nintendo will now proceed to evade them for an entire week before deigning to clue anyone in.

SapphireZora

Neo Member
Hello SmashGAF! After lurking these Pic of the Day threads since the E3 reveal last year, and reading nearly every post, I'm finally able to post myself. I'm happy to hop on the train even if the journey is mostly behind us. Thanks for all the laughs and amusement over the past many months. This is the best place for Smash discussion that I've found. Awesome community, from character polls to leak discussion to the adoration of boots, Miku gifs, and celestial posteriors, SmashGAF is just great. :)

And hooray for a cool yet cryptic Pic of the Day!

I'm telling ya, we need a Sonic Smash Bros. spin-off. The possibilities are endless.

I saw what you did there. ;)

Hello SmashGAF! After lurking these Pic of the Day threads since the E3 reveal last year, and reading nearly every post, I'm finally able to post myself. I'm happy to hop on the train even if the journey is mostly behind us. Thanks for all the laughs and amusement over the past many months. This is the best place for Smash discussion that I've found. Awesome community, from character polls to leak discussion to the adoration of boots, Miku gifs, and celestial posteriors, SmashGAF is just great. :)

The fact that you got that reference shows that your a Sonic fan (or at least know your Sonic facts), and any Sonic fan is an instant friend of mine.

Welcome

Now...time for me to sleep.

Kouichi

Oh boy, this POTD alongside those leaked audio files gets me immensely excited. Gimme the details, Sakurai!

Welcome! SmashGAF really is the best place for Smash discussion and it's always awesome to get more people :D

zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?!
Lol at the censoring.

Very interesting, though. Great to hear something new about the Wii U version.

Welcome!

random25

Welcome! The journey is still not over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom