• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

L95

The merchant characters are tricksters though, aren't they? And that blade one definitely isn't a thing anymore.

Only the Anna you help and the one you recruit are tricksters. The Annas that appear on the map have the merchant class. (You can see it if they get attacked by monsters.)

Lucina is a spear user! Robin can also be a theif, and those last two aren't real classes. So we really would just need a manakete, but we have enough dragons as is.

It would have been nice if they had incorporated this into Lucina's moveset (or even Chrom's, while they were still considering him)....but nope! *clone engine activates*

Hatchtag

Banned
I personally don't see why we should get even more representation for Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus when representation for Metroid and Donkey Kong is still lacking.

Adding Hades and Viridi would be giving five reps to a three-game series. That's completely undeserving.

I think we need more characters from unrepresented series.

If one series actually adds interesting characters to itself and another doesn't, I don't really think its wrong for them to get more.

Clov

Lucina is a spear user! Robin can also be a theif, and those last two aren't real classes. So we really would just need a manakete, but we have enough dragons as is.

Nah.

Wouldn't mind more Fire Emblem characters though. Love the series, so the more the better. In terms of Kid Icarus, Hades is an absolute must. He's great!

In terms of other franchises, I can't really see us getting more Metroid reps. When it comes to Donkey Kong though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie as DLC (though I want K. Rool more, I can't say it's very likely).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
dYHsUVR.jpg

The perfect Donkey Kong rep...too bad SAKURAI hates Donkey Kong!

Azure J

As long as the characters turn out well I don't care what series they're from. Why can't we have both new Metroid/Donkey Kong/"trapped in the 80s/90s" characters as well as more Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem characters again? The representation angle is lame.

Also, why are we talking new characters again? :p

Edit: Spear Lucina might legit have made me love her inclusion instead of feeling mildly apathetic to affably antagonistic about it. It'd also be the closest thing to having Marth and Caeda/Shiida in the same game too. :lol

FSLink

Banned
I really don't think we need to humor every single leak that ever comes up.
Seriously, we really shouldn't acknowledge any of these leaks unless there's some evidence shown and not just some text posted on Smashboards/4chan/etc.

As far as Fire Emblem reps go, I'd probably go with Chrom. His model's fairly complete, and he'd be an easy character to add. Release him with a brand new character (like Isaac) in some sort of double pack. Though if he's not a clone, they could incorporate Class Change in his moveset, being able to toss Javelins would be pretty tight.

I personally don't see why we should get even more representation for Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus when representation for Metroid and Donkey Kong is still lacking.

Adding Hades and Viridi would be giving five reps to a three-game series. That's completely undeserving.

I think we need more characters from unrepresented series.

Its because Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus has much better choices. It really doesn't matter if a series is "over"repped if they are all good choices.

I don't think any of these are "needed" - there are plenty of unrepped series that I feel should get the spotlight before minor Fire Emblem characters get introduced.
Tiki was in the first FE aswell as FEA. I never played FE1 yet but she seems like a very important character. And I'm all for "minor" FE characters getting in. Bring on Tharja, Sumia, Tiki, Henry,and anyone else.bring them all on. ALL OF THEM.

I agreed. That's why I didn't posted last few rumors because it's full of it. Somehow it always find a way to be posted here.
Thats my fault. I post all the leaks here. I have too, its my destiny. To catch all the leaks is my real cause, I gotta be the very best leak poster, like noone ever was.
I actually didn't even post the Agnes leak. :O

Watch Da Birdie

I gotta say, I'm at the point where I feel Smash Brothers has pretty much every icon it needs at this point, so I really don't care about "representation" or how well-established the character is. Really my "wants" now are just personal favorites.

It's all about how interesting they can be, in terms of move potential, and I'm glad we're seeing Sakurai take a chance on a bunch of newcomers who haven't quite established themselves well enough.

Azure J

I'd kill for a Fire Emblem fighting game

At this point it might just be the only way that I get to wreck face with Lyn, Anna and Hector so why not? Nintendo should get chummy with ArcSys and let them do Fire Emblem Xrd or Ultimate In Ferox Arena. :p

Edit: I'm with Watch Da Birdie. Anyone coming into the roster after this game is really just those happy bonuses that could have jumped on at any point but either picked the wrong train and got AT'd or forgot the departure date.

Okrag

At this point it might just be the only way that I get to wreck face with Lyn, Anna and Hector so why not? Nintendo should get chummy with ArcSys and let them do Fire Emblem Xrd or Ultimate In Ferox Arena. :p

Wouldn't Soul Calibur be a better fit?

Moonlight

Banned
I couldn't care less about what franchises are under or over-represented, honestly. I don't play franchises in Smash, I play characters. Therefore I want fun and interesting characters that I'd like to play. I'm reasonably franchise agnostic after all that. All the politics involving sales graphs and popularity/relevance polls to objectively and mathematically determine the ratio of what franchise deserve how many characters in what capacity is kinda silly, IMO.

A manakete would be...fascinating. If they could actually incorporate the transformations into the moveset, that is.

I would approve of Tiki.
Tiki has like the third best case as a general FE rep in the game, heh. And jumping in and out of the dragon form would make for a pretty unique character.

Sounds too complicated for the 3DS though. orz

lol

I'd kill for a Fire Emblem fighting game
Soul Emblem or Fire Emblem Arena would be the greatest.

Watch Da Birdie

What the fuck happened to Ganondorf?

He got old. :(

Ganondorf is somewhat of a contradiction---in Smash Brothers, he's both powerful, yet sometimes comes across as a little worn down, a little tired. In a way, he was greatly influenced by my late father who passed away shortly beforehand. As a child, I viewed my father as a strict-disciplinarian, a man I both feared and respected. But when I grew up, I realized my father, that man I was saw as a powerful figure---a king---was often out of breath, and limped along. I wondered why I feared him so much? And in a way, that's how I've developed Ganondorf as a character. Personally I'm quite close to the character, and thus I find it difficult to bring myself to change him too much."

Lunar15

That would be disappointing, honestly. Cyber-Connect can make a pretty game, but they sure as hell can't make a fun one.

They nail fanservice, not gameplay. Reference-wise, Jojo's ASB is the most perfect Jojo game ever, but the gameplay is just so incredibly mediocre. It's depressing.

Real talk though: despite not loving Dynasty Warriors, I still think it's the best fit for a Fire Emblem crossover.

They nail fanservice, not gameplay. Reference-wise, Jojo's ASB is the most perfect Jojo game ever, but the gameplay is just so incredibly mediocre. It's depressing.

Real talk though: despite not loving Dynasty Warriors, I still think it's the best fit for a Fire Emblem crossover.

but I want to actually be able to fight other characters instead of faceless generics!

The whole character roster needs a revamp.

Mario gets a buttload of reps because he's Mario, so there's always room for more Mario characters. Captain Toad needs in, jump or no jump. Wario has a mix of Wario Land moves and Wario Ware wackiness. Give him Mona, Jimmy, or Captain Syrup.

Zelda needs at least 4 reps but 5 or more would be more than acceptable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle, and some one else, not necessarily Toon Link)

Donkey Kong is huge, and needs at least 3 reps, but 4 would be better, and 5 only if they could make a decent villain, or get K.Rool relevant (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky)

Metroid needs AT LEAST 2, but 3 would be ideal, 4 if Dark Samus is a clone. (Samus, Ridley, a Metroid (would puff around like Kirby or Jiggly)

Pokemon should have 4 - 5 reps.. I get that it's popular, so go ahead and get a good mix of characters, Pikachu inclued. Jiggs has maybe overstayed her welcome, but there's room for a good mix here I'm sure.

Fire Emblem needs no more than 3 distinct characters, 4 or more if there are clones.

Kid Icarus gets 2 .. 3 including Dark Pit as a skin. That's all I have to say about that.
I'd prefer Eggplant wizard over Palutena or Dark so and so.

Pikmin needs 2 reps. 1 being Astronaut (Olimar, Louie, Alph, etc. . include them all as skins a la Koopa Kids) and 2.. a Bulborb! Include a Bulborb clone with slightly different attacks. Also, where the heck are the Pikmin assist trophies!? The creepy bird thing, the giant daddy long legs.. The Bulborb Queen. Amazing! Why not Sakurai?

Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin.

Punchout needs 3 reps.. Little Mac (not this Hajime no Ippo Mac either... real Mac), Doc Louis is a slower Mac clone who hits heavier and has his own Side B Bicycle move. 3rd rep would be Bald Bull, King Hippo, Sandman, or Soda Pop.

Kirby ought to have 3 to 4 reps. Kirby, Dedede, (drop Metaknight.. sorry) That Icy Walrus with the butt, and maybe that Wrestling Beetle miniboss.

F-ZERO needs Captain Falcon and one other character from that series.

Dr. Mario / Luigi clones with a slightly more Dr. Mario themed flavor.
Also representing Dr. Mario, Virus trio! Like Duckhunt in that they appear to be more than one character, but work together to perform moves. Can't be separated.

Everything else can be a one shot!

Duck Hunt. Ice Climbers. Chibi Robo. Some other blasts from the past. Etc etc.

Third party characters like Mega Man and Sonic would be DLC packs with 2 to 3 more characters each. Mega man would have Mega Man of course, with a Proto Man clone. Sonic would have Tails and Knuckles.

Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Master Higgins would be rounded up in a single DLC pack. The DLC packs would also include 3-5 new songs.

Rhythm heaven DLC includes That white little guy. Moves would summon features and characters from that game, like one of the Smash Attacks being a Wrestler Pose that would blast opponents away, etc. The Blue guy and the Ribboned Pink character would be alt skins.

I bring this from the mountain... Like, from Yahweh, dudeskis.. Next time you think about making a new Smash Game, start with this as the plan. Guide 5 teams of men, each working on 2 characters per month. Have another 2 teams working on stages. Start working on it now, Sakurai.

K, thankx bai

Moonlight

Banned
The whole character roster needs a revamp.

Mario gets a buttload of reps because he's Mario, so there's always room for more Mario characters. Captain Toad needs in, jump or no jump. Wario has a mix of Wario Land moves and Wario Ware wackiness. Give him Mona, Jimmy, or Captain Syrup.

Zelda needs at least 4 reps but 5 or more would be more than acceptable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle, and some one else, not necessarily Toon Link)

Donkey Kong is huge, and needs at least 3 reps, but 4 would be better, and 5 only if they could make a decent villain, or get K.Rool relevant (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky)

Metroid needs AT LEAST 2, but 3 would be ideal, 4 if Dark Samus is a clone. (Samus, Ridley, a Metroid (would puff around like Kirby or Jiggly)

Pokemon should have 4 - 5 reps.. I get that it's popular, so go ahead and get a good mix of characters, Pikachu inclued. Jiggs has maybe overstayed her welcome, but there's room for a good mix here I'm sure.

Fire Emblem needs no more than 3 distinct characters
, 4 or more if there are clones.

Kid Icarus gets 2 .. 3 including Dark Pit as a skin. That's all I have to say about that.
I'd prefer Eggplant wizard over Palutena or Dark so and so.

Pikmin needs 2 reps. 1 being Astronaut (Olimar, Louie, Alph, etc. . include them all as skins a la Koopa Kids) and 2.. a Bulborb! Include a Bulborb clone with slightly different attacks. Also, where the heck are the Pikmin assist trophies!? The creepy bird thing, the giant daddy long legs.. The Bulborb Queen. Amazing! Why not Sakurai?

Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin.

Punchout needs 3 reps.. Little Mac (not this Hajime no Ippo Mac either... real Mac), Doc Louis is a slower Mac clone who hits heavier and has his own Side B Bicycle move. 3rd rep would be Bald Bull, King Hippo, Sandman, or Soda Pop.

Kirby ought to have 3 to 4 reps. Kirby, Dedede, (drop Metaknight.. sorry) That Icy Walrus with the butt, and maybe that Wrestling Beetle miniboss.

F-ZERO needs Captain Falcon and one other character from that series.

Dr. Mario / Luigi clones with a slightly more Dr. Mario themed flavor.
Also representing Dr. Mario, Virus trio! Like Duckhunt in that they appear to be more than one character, but work together to perform moves. Can't be separated.

Everything else can be a one shot!

Duck Hunt. Ice Climbers. Chibi Robo. Some other blasts from the past. Etc etc.

Third party characters like Mega Man and Sonic would be DLC packs with 2 to 3 more characters each. Mega man would have Mega Man of course, with a Proto Man clone. Sonic would have Tails and Knuckles.

Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Master Higgins would be rounded up in a single DLC pack. The DLC packs would also include 3-5 new songs.

Rhythm heaven DLC includes That white little guy. Moves would summon features and characters from that game, like one of the Smash Attacks being a Wrestler Pose that would blast opponents away, etc. The Blue guy and the Ribboned Pink character would be alt skins.

I bring this from the mountain... Like, from Yahweh, dudeskis.. Next time you think about making a new Smash Game, start with this as the plan. Guide 5 teams of men, each working on 2 characters per month. Have another 2 teams working on stages. Start working on it now, Sakurai.

K, thankx bai
4063301-4520884282-bunk-.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What's the source of that comment? That's beautiful... Maybe Sakurai really is a Ganondorf main, despite claiming to play everyone equally! Or at least, he has a special love for Ganondorf...

You should read other people's comments but let me save you the time. It was posted at 4chan without any source. Also I would like to mention that famitsu wasn't even released yet. So it's highly to be fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom