• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okrag

I would imagine so. I seem to recall on a Pic of the Day Sakurai said that Assist Trophies were "mostly" the same between versions, so I'd think we'll get a few unique ones. :)

Have we ever seen the Prince of Sable on WiiU? The fact that the POTD that revealed him used a 3DS screenshot makes me think he might be 3DS only.

Mariolee

We have essentially been getting Brawl pics all along since Smash 3DS is Brawl 1.5 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg

Okay Sakurai, your ouput of Ridley teases is severely down this month... like, rock bottom. What's happening? You can't let people think you've gone soft on them! Be mean, and make a Ridley tease!

zlCfzSjNZw40-2r1vB

Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though....

Caladrius

zlCfzSjNZw40-2r1vB

Pic of the day. Tips will display in three columns in the Wii U version. There's more content, which includes descriptions of the original games. This game seems to never run out of easter eggs, even if you play it normally. Knowing that this will get translated into multiple languages, I shouldn't go overboard with the contents, though....

If there isn't an "Ask your mom" reference somewhere I'm going to be very disappointed.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Wow, cool beans. Wii U version all but confirmed to take the crown of "most text ever in a Nintendo game"... probably.

Seriously, I'm astounded at how many "tips" they crammed into the 3DS version. It would take you weeks to see them all! They're one of those subtle introductions which nobody would have said "why is this missing" if it wasn't there, but their inclusion still enhances the overall package.

PokéKong

Darn and I was just griping about how the game is packed with a wealth of really useful interesting information concerning character and move properties but you have to just flip through a completely random screen one at a time to find them, thus rendering it useless for quick reference. Organizing it into a wiki-like directory in the Wii U version would've been perfect but there go my hopes. Oh well, has anybody ripped them all from the game's data and uploaded them somewhere in a categorized orderly fashion yet?

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Well the roster had already been leaked when the demo came out, so I doubt anyone even bothered to put much effort into mining it.

*insert obligatory comment about Sakurai hiring more competent coders than all of Game Freak put together*

Metal B

Seriously, I'm astounded at how many "tips" they crammed into the 3DS version. It would take you weeks to see them all! They're one of those subtle introductions which nobody would have said "why is this missing" if it wasn't there, but their inclusion still enhances the overall package.
I believe, we can thank the 3DS loading times of the game for the tips. They properly needed something, that people don't notice them too much.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the blatant, very un-Nintendo-like typo. "The Three Fastest Walker?" NoA needs to hire an editor.

Which I just so happen to be. Dream job confirmed. My copy edits, Treehouse... let me show you them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom