• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ganondorf in Brawl

hoy1mqU.png

Ganondorf in SSB4

screen-1.jpg

I dunno dudes, I really like the new Ganondorf face. I feel like he's got a bit of his OOT character back, the Brawl face is really very flat. I've never been a huge fan of those features. And as for sacrificing detail, that's an overall SSB4 thing to make everyone a bit more colorful and iconic, I prefer it really. New 'dorf face is A-Okay.

You're not! Ganon is supposed to be ugly, plus this new one reminds me of him in WW.

I never really thought of Ganondorf as ugly. I think he's more striking, intimidating and generally evil looking, with a very pronounced profile. But I wouldn't really call him ugly. Especially since they'd need to contrast between Ganon the beast and Ganondorf the man, and making Ganondorf too ugly would blur that contrast.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still weird that the one that is closer to a TP import doesn't have the scar in the chest. Wonder why they decided to add that detail for the new design.

rekameohs

Banned
Since we know that Wii U will have a Smash Run equivalent based on seeing the main menus for each system, and this mode is located in Games & More, there's still a whole Wii U mode that we haven't seen yet, in addition to this one.

NeonZ

Yeah, just realized its in Game & More so that means there is still one more WiiU mode that may or may not be Smash World. Atleast one of these, probably the orders, are single player so much for the 3DS being more sp focused. :/

I think that was out of the window the moment we learned that the 3DS challenges would be simpler than the Wii U ones, since challenges are generally single player focused. It's pretty clear that things changed from the initial ideas mentioned before the games went into development.

Still weird that the one that is closer to a TP import doesn't have the scar in the chest. Wonder why they decided to add that detail for the new design.

I guess they might have removed the scar in Brawl due to Subspace Emissary. But, without a story of its own here, they converted the Twilight Princess design directly.

I never really thought of Ganondorf as ugly. I think he's more striking, intimidating and generally evil looking, with a very pronounced profile. But I wouldn't really call him ugly. Especially since they'd need to contrast between Ganon the beast and Ganondorf the man, and making Ganondorf too ugly would blur that contrast.
He's always been super ugly though. Since OoT he's had a big nose, a stupid chin, and a mullet. Then they switched out the mullet for the stupid TP hair. He was less ugly in WW, but he still had the nose.

He's always been super ugly though. Since OoT he's had a big nose, a stupid chin, and a mullet. Then they switched out the mullet for the stupid TP hair. He was less ugly in WW, but he still had the nose.

His nose is probably that way to contrast him with every other regular anime pointy nose character in Oot. And they also toned his nose down a lot between Oot's ridiculous witch nose to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess' big nose, but realistic and with an amazing and unique profile.

I'd dare say Twilight Princess' Ganondorf is almost handsome. Weathered and middle aged, but still unconventionally handsome. His hair in TP isn't meant to be "stupid" it's supposed to be dignified and regal.

The End

Can i ask a really stupid question

How do I Home Run?

Like, after just mashing away with Capt. Falcon I got... 40 feet?

I must be doing something wrong here... do I have to use the bat? Is it better not to? It seems like i just keep hitting the bag against the forcefield and it only gets hit "out" every once in a while.

I didn't play Brawl, but I did play Melee long ago and I don't remember having trouble with this.

His nose is probably that way to contrast him with every other regular anime pointy nose character in Oot. And they also toned his nose down a lot between Oot's ridiculous witch nose to Wind Waker and Twilight Princess' big nose, but realistic and with an amazing and unique profile.

I'd dare say Twilight Princess' Ganondorf is almost handsome. Weathered and middle aged, but still unconventionally handsome. His hair in TP isn't meant to be "stupid" it's supposed to be dignified and regal.
I guess it's just difference of opinion, but I completely disagree. He's always been one of the ugliest characters in Zelda games.

georly

Please don't make us unlock a bunch of shit again with the Wii U version. I just want to play the full game with a Gamecube controller already.

Linking 3DS to Wii U should unlock all the characters.

I'm ok with unlocking all the characters again.

Custom moves however....

Platy

Can i ask a really stupid question

How do I Home Run?

Like, after just mashing away with Capt. Falcon I got... 40 feet?

I must be doing something wrong here... do I have to use the bat? Is it better not to? It seems like i just keep hitting the bag against the forcefield and it only gets hit "out" every once in a while.

I didn't play Brawl, but I did play Melee long ago and I don't remember having trouble with this.

Do lots of damage (I recomend using characters with a DAir with multiple hits like Yoshi or Kirby) and then hit with the baseball hat.

Advanced ways includes beating with shulk's "low launch" mode and then giving a hard hit with his "high launch" sword
...or Ganondorf

vixlar

Dat smash 64 artwork

Pretty much my favorite version of each Nintendo character is the one in Smash 64

Yes yes yes yes!!!!!

It is a shame that those designs are only in the box and the insctructions booklet. I'm not sure if those designs were included in the stamps on Brawl.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I wonder how many CGI movies WiiU smash will have, im expecting alot of silly lovable things like in TTT2

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I wouldnt say he is ugly, he generally has a mean look to him, but he always struck me as regal, especially in TP

I'm pretty sure that people here are familiar with 8 Player Smash and Yellow Team.

I really found it odd that they found the voice for 8 Players Smash, but NOT 5 to 7 Players Smash. I wonder if we are limited to 8 players only, or 4 players vs computers or 4 players and 4 amiibo.
What if 8 Player Smash is a mode where every character essentially becomes the Ice Climbers?

They gave him an incredibly weak chin and his facial features are too large for his face. Makes him look almost child like, and actually a little sad.

That Brawl Ganondorf looks wicked.
New Ganondorf is expressive though.
ganondork.jpg

Aywayz: Here is anither leak I have found on Smash Boards I thought I'd post for fun and glory. Its using the Japanese names so:

So thats Morgan as AT and Tharja, Isaac, and Proto Man as characters if I got that right. I would like Tharja and Proto Man but likely another bad leak.
Why would Tharja be a character? We have enough Fire Emblem representation, there's no need to add her into the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I wouldn't mind Tharja as a full fledged character. More Dark Mages pls.

HW Ganondorf still the best but in comparison between Brawl and Smash 4 I give it to Brawl, mainly because he doesn't have the Sword Sage Scar which just looks dumb on him and to me he just looked better.

Neiteio

I like the new Dorf's face. If anything, it would've been nice to punch up the colors a bit. He still looks a bit drab, although I suppose his drabness makes him stand out in a roster full of colorful characters.

Spinluck

I dunno dudes, I really like the new Ganondorf face. I feel like he's got a bit of his OOT character back, the Brawl face is really very flat. I've never been a huge fan of those features. And as for sacrificing detail, that's an overall SSB4 thing to make everyone a bit more colorful and iconic, I prefer it really. New 'dorf face is A-Okay.

He looks fine.

They just changed a few things to make him fit better in new Smash. The focus on primary colors in the Wii U version really shows. None of the characters feel out of place or look like they have too much going on.

The game's visual direction compliments the character designs really well.

SapphireZora

Neo Member
The fact that you got that reference shows that your a Sonic fan (or at least know your Sonic facts), and any Sonic fan is an instant friend of mine.

Welcome

Now...time for me to sleep.

Thanks - I'm definitely a Sonic fan. First game I ever played was Sonic 2, so it's a dream come true to have him in Smash Bros.

Welcome, your cot is over there by BossDoggie
Not a bad spot, thanks. :) And thanks for all the other warm welcomes as well. Happy to be here. :)

I think Ganondorf looks pretty sharp in HD. Not sure why they put the scar in though. I do prefer his design in OoT and WW over TP, partly because I don't like Boar Ganon at all. The bipedal Ganon (like in OoT) is much cooler to me (and he's been bipedal far more often than quadrupedal). But I get why they want to keep the TP aesthetic consistent.

Zubz

Banned
I like the new Dorf's face. If anything, it would've been nice to punch up the colors a bit. He still looks a bit drab, although I suppose his drabness makes him stand out in a roster full of colorful characters.

Yeah. The facial texture does seem weird, but he seems more expressive, and kinda proud.

Glad to see we know about Master/Crazy Orders now, by the way! The mode names still sound weird, but I'm glad there's some speculation that it's some sort of Gauntlet. I wonder if one is normal fighters and the other is fighters w. effects/bosses? I dunno. Seeing this and "Special Order" just makes me think it's like a Fast Food restaurant, and the Hands are working there or something.

... That sounded better in my head.

Fiktion

Banned
Tharja is a minor character who you can miss entirely in Awakening and whose only claim to fame is fanservice.

No thanks. Antithetical, really, to what a Fire Emblem representative should be.

zroid

Banned
Tharja is a minor character who you can miss entirely in Awakening and whose only claim to fame is fanservice.

No thanks. Antithetical, really, to what a Fire Emblem representative should be.

How does she rank in popularity polls though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tharja was easily my least favorite character in Awakening, but I know I'm in the minority there. Even if I was a fan, I would still think it would be a poor choice to bring her in. She's really not major (I think you can skip her entirely/kill her), and Robin already fills the magic-user role quite well. A fifth Fire Emblem rep would also just be excessive.

Why would Tharja be a character? We have enough Fire Emblem representation, there's no need to add her into the game.
There is no such thing as enough FE reps (or any series really). As for why Tharja would be DLC, maybe simply because she is a popular character. Does anyone know who is the most popular FEA character besides the Three Lords? Is it her, or I think ot might be that Gaus(sp?) guy.

I wonder if her trophy was removed for more reasons than ESRB. There wasn't a description in that leak I think. All three of those supposed DLC don't have trophies which may repoint to DLC being non trophies.

I could see this "leak" being real, but I kinda feel that for the first DLC pack its a little too out there. (Then again, you can never predict anything when it comes to Sakurai or Nintendo in general.) Of the three, the more I thought about it, the more I think Isaac may be a DLC character. His AT surely wouldn't be WiiU exclusive due to him being in a handheld series only, and that seems like a really big AT cut.
Of course Sakurai may just not care about Isaac enough, but not even a trophy after already beng an AT?

I believe a second unrelated guy "leaked" the same DLC a few days before this guy if I'm reading it on SB right. He however dismissed it since "Robin" was already in the game.
I get way to obsessed with new character leaks, and love it.

Moonlight

Banned
Tharja was easily my least favorite character in Awakening, but I know I'm in the minority there. Even if I was a fan, I would still think it would be a poor choice to bring her in. She's really not major (I think you can skip her entirely/kill her), and Robin already fills the magic-user role quite well. A fifth Fire Emblem rep would also just be excessive.
We still need a spear-user, a Manakete, a thief, a Bladelord, and a merchant.

I personally don't see why we should get even more representation for Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus when representation for Metroid and Donkey Kong is still lacking.

Adding Hades and Viridi would be giving five reps to a three-game series. That's completely undeserving.

I think we need more characters from unrepresented series.

I personally don't see why we should get even more representation for Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus when representation for Metroid and Donkey Kong is still lacking.

Adding Hades and Viridi would be giving five reps to a three-game series. That's completely undeserving.

I agree wholly.

SeanR1221

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom