• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzmanZ

The whole character roster needs a revamp.

Mario gets a buttload of reps because he's Mario, so there's always room for more Mario characters. Captain Toad needs in, jump or no jump. Wario has a mix of Wario Land moves and Wario Ware wackiness. Give him Mona, Jimmy, or Captain Syrup.

Zelda needs at least 4 reps but 5 or more would be more than acceptable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle, and some one else, not necessarily Toon Link)

Donkey Kong is huge, and needs at least 3 reps, but 4 would be better, and 5 only if they could make a decent villain, or get K.Rool relevant (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky)

Metroid needs AT LEAST 2, but 3 would be ideal, 4 if Dark Samus is a clone. (Samus, Ridley, a Metroid (would puff around like Kirby or Jiggly)

Pokemon should have 4 - 5 reps.. I get that it's popular, so go ahead and get a good mix of characters, Pikachu inclued. Jiggs has maybe overstayed her welcome, but there's room for a good mix here I'm sure.

Fire Emblem needs no more than 3 distinct characters, 4 or more if there are clones.

Kid Icarus gets 2 .. 3 including Dark Pit as a skin. That's all I have to say about that.
I'd prefer Eggplant wizard over Palutena or Dark so and so.

Pikmin needs 2 reps. 1 being Astronaut (Olimar, Louie, Alph, etc. . include them all as skins a la Koopa Kids) and 2.. a Bulborb! Include a Bulborb clone with slightly different attacks. Also, where the heck are the Pikmin assist trophies!? The creepy bird thing, the giant daddy long legs.. The Bulborb Queen. Amazing! Why not Sakurai?

Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin.

Punchout needs 3 reps.. Little Mac (not this Hajime no Ippo Mac either... real Mac), Doc Louis is a slower Mac clone who hits heavier and has his own Side B Bicycle move. 3rd rep would be Bald Bull, King Hippo, Sandman, or Soda Pop.

Kirby ought to have 3 to 4 reps. Kirby, Dedede, (drop Metaknight.. sorry) That Icy Walrus with the butt, and maybe that Wrestling Beetle miniboss.

F-ZERO needs Captain Falcon and one other character from that series.

Dr. Mario / Luigi clones with a slightly more Dr. Mario themed flavor.
Also representing Dr. Mario, Virus trio! Like Duckhunt in that they appear to be more than one character, but work together to perform moves. Can't be separated.

Everything else can be a one shot!

Duck Hunt. Ice Climbers. Chibi Robo. Some other blasts from the past. Etc etc.

Third party characters like Mega Man and Sonic would be DLC packs with 2 to 3 more characters each. Mega man would have Mega Man of course, with a Proto Man clone. Sonic would have Tails and Knuckles.

Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Master Higgins would be rounded up in a single DLC pack. The DLC packs would also include 3-5 new songs.

Rhythm heaven DLC includes That white little guy. Moves would summon features and characters from that game, like one of the Smash Attacks being a Wrestler Pose that would blast opponents away, etc. The Blue guy and the Ribboned Pink character would be alt skins.

I bring this from the mountain... Like, from Yahweh, dudeskis.. Next time you think about making a new Smash Game, start with this as the plan. Guide 5 teams of men, each working on 2 characters per month. Have another 2 teams working on stages. Start working on it now, Sakurai.

K, thankx bai

You seem to be under the assumption that any character can be added just because, a whole lot of criteria has to be gone through before anyone new can be added.

There isn't some mathematical way to determine how many reps each series should get, but some series really should get more than they have.

Metroid and Donkey Kong have been in Smash since the beginning, and yet both only have two reps (in Metroid's case, the same person twice). Donkey Kong has had a huge resurgence since Brawl, yet it gets no new items/assists/stage in the 3DS version. Sure, people will say that there's really no other Metroid characters to choose from save the too-big Ridley, but there's no reason why they would have to be limited. Rosalina has a completely unique moveset for a character who had only played a role as an NPC, standing around telling you where to go.
And there are plenty of small series with no representation who could make for really unique characters, like Chibi-Robo!!, Golden Sun, or The Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus should not get any more reps. It doesn't matter how good the series are, or how unique some of the characters could be. Smash Bros. is a museum of all things Nintendo, and should come across that way. So far, it's been doing a great job. But adding characters like Viridi/Hades or Tharja in place of smaller series with no representation wouldn't be fair, and would limit the roster.

I'm not saying that "Sakurai hates Donkey Kong!" or anything of the sort. He's doing a great job.
I just see no reason why people think these extra characters from well-repped series are in any way needed over others.

Azure J

Mario gets a buttload of reps because he's Mario, so there's always room for more Mario characters. Captain Toad needs in, jump or no jump. Wario has a mix of Wario Land moves and Wario Ware wackiness. Give him Mona, Jimmy, or Captain Syrup.

Zelda needs at least 4 reps but 5 or more would be more than acceptable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Tingle, and some one else, not necessarily Toon Link)

Donkey Kong is huge, and needs at least 3 reps, but 4 would be better, and 5 only if they could make a decent villain, or get K.Rool relevant (Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky)

Metroid needs AT LEAST 2, but 3 would be ideal, 4 if Dark Samus is a clone. (Samus, Ridley, a Metroid (would puff around like Kirby or Jiggly)

Pokemon should have 4 - 5 reps.. I get that it's popular, so go ahead and get a good mix of characters, Pikachu inclued. Jiggs has maybe overstayed her welcome, but there's room for a good mix here I'm sure.

Fire Emblem needs no more than 3 distinct characters, 4 or more if there are clones.

Kid Icarus gets 2 .. 3 including Dark Pit as a skin. That's all I have to say about that.

Pikmin needs 2 reps. 1 being Astronaut (Olimar, Louie, Alph, etc. . include them all as skins a la Koopa Kids) and 2.. a Bulborb! Include a Bulborb clone with slightly different attacks. Also, where the heck are the Pikmin assist trophies!? The creepy bird thing, the giant daddy long legs.. The Bulborb Queen. Amazing! Why not Sakurai?

Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin.

Punchout needs 3 reps.. Little Mac (not this Hajime no Ippo Mac either... real Mac), Doc Louis is a slower Mac clone who hits heavier and has his own Side B Bicycle move. 3rd rep would be Bald Bull, King Hippo, Sandman, or Soda Pop.

Kirby ought to have 3 to 4 reps. Kirby, Dedede, (drop Metaknight.. sorry) That Icy Walrus with the butt, and maybe that Wrestling Beetle miniboss.

Also representing Dr. Mario, Virus trio! Like Duckhunt in that they appear to be more than one character, but work together to perform moves. Can't be separated.

Third party characters like Mega Man and Sonic would be DLC packs with 2 to 3 more characters each. Mega man would have Mega Man of course, with a Proto Man clone. Sonic would have Tails and Knuckles.

Bomberman, Simon Belmont, and Master Higgins would be rounded up in a single DLC pack. The DLC packs would also include 3-5 new songs.

Rhythm heaven DLC includes That white little guy. Moves would summon features and characters from that game, like one of the Smash Attacks being a Wrestler Pose that would blast opponents away, etc. The Blue guy and the Ribboned Pink character would be alt skins.

I bring this from the mountain... Like, from Yahweh, dudeskis.. Next time you think about making a new Smash Game, start with this as the plan. Guide 5 teams of men, each working on 2 characters per month. Have another 2 teams working on stages. Start working on it now, Sakurai.

K, thankx bai

The funny part about this post is that I could generally agree with the concept but those suggestions are like "why.jpg" tier. Dropping franchise faces for grunts is just weird, especially in Palutena and Metaknight's case.

oh yeah? well..

well...uh...

well lucina would uh, aether lyn so quick she'd thought she saw the ghost of the hero king.

so :p!!

Implying anything touches Lyn when her bullshit gets started. That evasion/luck too stronk.

Berordn

not gonna comment on the whole thing, but...

ah yes those generic nobody minibosses would be fantastic additions over the established and recurring character of meta knight. yes. definitely.

Roster revamp:

Give Pikmin more than one rep, the proceed to make that second rep the most common enemy in the game
Make the entire Star Fox team playable, as clones
Drop Meta Knight in favor of some standard enemies and minibosses
More Doctor Mario representation
Why?
The funny part about this post is that I could generally agree with the concept but those suggestions are like "why.jpg" tier. Dropping franchise faces for grunts is just weird, especially in Palutena and Metaknight's case.
Ditto.
ah yes those generic nobody minibosses would be fantastic additions over the established and recurring character of meta knight. yes. definitely.
Can we make a Koopa Troopa playable over Bowser? Koopa Troopa gets more screen time than Bowser, and is arguably the more recognizable villain.

/s

Zubz

Banned
TPunchout needs 3 reps.. Little Mac (not this Hajime no Ippo Mac either... real Mac), Doc Louis is a slower Mac clone who hits heavier and has his own Side B Bicycle move. 3rd rep would be Bald Bull, King Hippo, Sandman, or Soda Pop.

Wait, what's wrong with Mac? What do you mean by "Real Mac?" This?
ea-sports-fight-night-round-2-20050127031256740.jpg

As a Punch-Out!! fanatic, Mac's really all we need. I agree a lot on series needing more reps with you, but your choices on inclusions/exclusions... not so much. Going back to the whole Meta Knight thing, why isn't Bandana Dee a choice; you can't even remember Mr. Frosty or Buggsy's names, which is a bad sign for their popularity. I mean, I love Buggsy, but if he gets in as an Assist Trophy, it'd be his biggest break ever.

As a Punch-Out!! fanatic, Mac's really all we need. I agree a lot on series needing more reps with you, but your choices on inclusions/exclusions... not so much. Going back to the whole Meta Knight thing, why isn't Bandana Dee a choice; you can't even remember Mr. Frosty or Buggsy's names, which is a bad sign for their popularity. I mean, I love Buggsy, but if he gets in as an Assist Trophy, it'd be his biggest break ever.

This is a good attitude to have.

Pikmin is my favorite Nintendo series by far, but I feel like Pikmin's representation in Smash is just right. Sure, something like the Plasm Wraith could work, but there's honestly no real need for it.

Zubz

Banned
This is a good attitude to have.

Pikmin is my favorite Nintendo series by far, but I feel like Pikmin's representation in Smash is just right. Sure, something like the Plasm Wraith could work, but there's honestly no real need for it.

I know I should feel this way, but that Alph alt has me wishing he was upgraded to clone alongside all the other non-gender swap/Koopaling/Villager alts now, even if the only changes'd be his voice coming back (If Sakurai wills it; Olimar has a voice that isn't used, too, even if he's generally quieter, and we've already complained a lot about DK, Diddy, Dedede, and Bowser Sr. enough...) and Rocks being involved (probably). I know we didn't learn this until it was too late, but I still kinda want DLC separating the two.

But, again, I understand we don't need anymore than Olimar, and that Alph being an alt character is more than enough. On that same note, however, more characters is great in my book! Mii Fighters being 1 character or 3, we're still not quite matching MvC2's roster in size...

1.) Jiggs has maybe overstayed her welcome, but there's room for a good mix here I'm sure.

2.) I'd prefer Eggplant wizard over Palutena or Dark so and so.

3.) Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin.

4.) drop Metaknight.. sorry

1.) Let's try not cutting any of the original 12

2.) This is the point where I questioned if you were being serious

3.) Or you could have Peppy/ Slippy as alts. and bring back Wolf

4.) This is where I knew you weren't being serious

Character representation shouldn't really be about number of characters, but rather what would best represent their respective series. For example, these should be considered the necessary characters from each major series:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser: the three main heroes and the main villain.
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa: the Triforce trio, plus a major recurring character throughout the series, unlike Sheik or many of the one-time villains and side characters (Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Midna, ect.).
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool: the main heroes and the villain.
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Dee: these four have collectively become the faces of the franchise.
Pit, Palutena, Hades/Medusa: the hero, supporting character, and the villain.
Fox, Falco, and Wolf: the hero, supporting character, and the villain.
Samus, Zero Suit Samus: Metroid is a series about isolation, with hardly any major recurring characters besides Ridley (who is too big).
Little Mac, Doc Louis, King Hippo: the hero, supporting character, and the villain.
Pikachu, Charizard: The two most iconic Pokemon, any others get in based on popularity, relevance, ect.
Marth, Anna: The mascot of the series, and one of its most recurring characters (often also considered the series mascot). Most other choices are one-timers or share very similar importance.
Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, and Black Shadow: Hero, rival, and villain.

Any other characters for these series (Rosalina, Robin, Greninja, Dark Pit, ect.) would not be what I'd consider necessary additions, but they're certainly nice to have!

Starfox ... I don't give a hoot what you think. The entire Starfox team is iconic. Starfox needs 4 reps, which shouldn't be too tricky, considering they'd all be clones of each other. Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy. James McCloud as an alternate skin

K, thankx bai

I've seen some shit regarding Smash. People saying WiiU version is superior when its about preferences. (I like handhelds more ergo I view 3DS as superior as my oppinion.) Yoshi being a Mario character when his games are completely different. People hating on clones when the more characters the better. But this...this is without a doubt the worst post I have ever seen in a Smash thread.

First off, why in the almighty fuck would Mega Man and Sonic not be in the base game?

Cutting MetaKnight in favor of some run of the mill Kirby enemies. Da fuck.

Punch-Out doesn’t need more characters at all. The more characters in general the better, but in no way does it need any other character. Same for F-Zero.

"Zelda needs 4 atleast 4 reps. Metroid needs atleast 2 reps." Zelda has 5 reps and Metroid already has two reps. What are you even talking about. And in way way should Dark Samus be clone. Clones should only be made if they make sense and Dark Samus doesn't.

"Kid Icarus Needs 2" Sure, but ouright denying other reps just because is just dumb. Also Dark Pit is a different character in his game so he should be a different character here aswell. (Still pissed about Alph)

"FE needs no more than 3 Unique characters." No, it should have as many as they can give it. Ideally a moveset for each class. But it shouldn't be denied more than 3 if they wanna make more than 3.

"Jigglypuff has overstayed her welcome." No character overstays their welcome. Every character has fans.

Also you list 3 Konami characters as DLC when Snake has already been in the series. If Nintendo and Konami partner up for DLC, it will be Snake first then perhaps someone else.

I just don't even...

I know I should feel this way, but that Alph alt has me wishing he was upgraded to clone alongside all the other non-gender swap/Koopaling/Villager alts now, even if the only changes'd be his voice coming back (If Sakurai wills it; Olimar has a voice that isn't used, too, even if he's generally quieter, and we've already complained a lot about DK, Diddy, Dedede, and Bowser Sr. enough...) and Rocks being involved (probably). I know we didn't learn this until it was too late, but I still kinda want DLC separating the two.

But, again, I understand we don't need anymore than Olimar, and that Alph being an alt character is more than enough. On that same note, however, more characters is great in my book! Mii Fighters being 1 character or 3, we're still not quite matching MvC2's roster in size...
Alph's presence really bothers me. So far, Olimar is the only character (save Bowser Jr.) to have an alt be a separate character. And because of that, he loses two colors. So while Olimar has four colors, Little Mac has sixteen. Olimar is only Olimar half the time.
I don't want Alph to be playable, but I would rather he either be a clone or not in at all. If they do DLC that split the two up (doubtful), I would be completely on board.

Azure J

FWIW, taking a cue out of Watch Da Birdie's book:

- Mario, Zelda, Pokemon are the de facto tier one franchises. They can opt to bend the rules and squeeze in more than other franchises just because of their combined visibility and clout. With that said, I think Mario's complete as of this game unless some break out new character comes about in the current generation's worth of games. Zelda should totally incorporate Impa. Her renewed importance in the lore of the Triforce trio, wonderful design enhancement and her general reception as per Hyrule Warriors (in before "not canon" in a game where Ganondorf performs dive kicks) and Skyward Sword do more than enough to justify her tagging along, especially with her own move set. Pokemon is the one franchise I'll never chance a guess for because so much happens in between generations and trends vary so wildly when considering all the Pokemon available. In my perfect world though, the roster keeps Greninja. Maybe adding a Gen 7 grass type and the "holy grail" Mewtwo would complete the story for Pokemon in Smash. (Fake Edit: I forgot Lucario, fuuuu)

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Bowser Jr.
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, Shiek, Toon Link
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Greninja, ?, Mewtwo, Lucario*

- Donkey Kong, both by virtue of the series' recent resurgence and as a point of origin for the Mario series could stand to do with one or two new faces. Problem is, do you go for a full set of Kongs (picking one between Dixie and Cranky) or do you bring in an antagonist that hasn't been the primary antagonist in years (K. Rool)?

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong/Cranky Kong? K. Rool?

- Metroid is tough. Being really honest, Ridley is the only other character that would work well enough both for his ties to Samus as a character as well as for being the only regularly reoccuring force she deals with that has proportions that are malleable enough to work into a Smash fighter (see Melee intro and his numerous incarnations vs. Samus). At the same time, if he remained a boss character with the attention to detail Sakurai places on him speficially, then I wouldn't fault that at all.

Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley

- Kirby: Kirby is good. It has it's major players. I'd personally love to see Adeline take the fourth spot in a hypothetical situation but I guess BitF was a bit too correct about her standing versus the main trio.

Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede

- Kid Icarus as a series saw a complete relaunch with Nintendo's strongest set of characters ever. If the popularity wanes, Pit & Palutena are a great duo and Dark Pit would make for a good starting base for another true "Luigi" style clone (think Lucas, Wolf) as he could run with the remaining weapon types from Uprising not highlighted in Smash 4. At the same time, if exposure and general popularity keeps up, I could definitely see a situation where we get one more goddess (Medusa would be neat to complete the NES trio, but I see Viridi because popularity and she was left in healthy standing post Uprising) and Hades.

Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit (?), Hades (?), Viridi/Medusa (?)

- Fire Emblem is good in terms of how many spots it has, how many eras/moments in its franchise it represents (Marth: the beginning; Ike: the international; Robin & Lucina: the current hype) and how many clearly defined roles each character has (fencer/berserker/red mage or Mage Swordsman). Thing is (and I hope no one thinks badly of me for this), Lucina's probably the first one to go next time around. More than likely she'll ceede her spot to a lord from the next game in the franchise. At the same time, the same was said of Ike sooooo... From a gameplay standpoint though, since she overlaps with the fencer archetype, seeing someone come with a staff, spear, or a thief role would be cool to cover either playstyles or the classic RPG roles

Marth, Ike, Robin, ? (Dark horse: Anna; reasonable expectation: a lead from the most current FE game)

- Star Fox should just get Wolf back really. Beyond that it's good right where it is.

Fox, Falco, Wolf

- F-Zero is a weird beast in that I don't know if it needs a new character given that Captain Falcon is like 10 of every other franchise's characters in how much he is beloved while also being the default face for the series.

Da Captain

- Animal Crossing, Wii series, newer one offs: Probably good for the rest of the series with just Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. Would love to see Monita (Nintendoworld) just because her design lends well to another one of Smash's "exotic" (re: wtf) style characters but I'm not placing any bets on it. Same goes for the Wonderful Ones given how W101 performed.

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pikmin & Olimar (with more captain alts), Little Mac, Shulk

- Earthbound: #FreeLucas

Ness. Lucas

- Retros, one offs & new franchises: Of course I'm putting my boy Takamaru at the front. As of now, he's the only one of my wildest wishes that has a chance anymore thanks to that main character/representative and franchise potential comment in his recent interview. (R.I.P Mike Jones & Lip). I feel like Splatoon is a very early contender for an entrant especially with how many boxes were ticked with the reveal (new character driven IP by EAD given a big presence at a trade show with an immediately "Nintendo" character design). And as always #FreeIceClimbers. The large majority of interesting one offs that make sense are already in the series

Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt Dog, Takamaru, Inklings, Wario (as much as I'd love Captain Syrup to absorb the Wario Land stuff while Smash Wario did his WarioWare slanted things, that's looking more and more like a no), Yoshi

- Third Parties: Sonic, Pac Man and Megaman should be tenured. That's a pretty perfect trio all else considered. We like to joke around about SE and Konami but really, even if they never contributed a character, I think the guest list is set. Black Mage and Snake/Bomberman would be pretty nuts though.

Sonic, Pac Man, Megaman

Keep in mind I didn't account for roster bloat though. I could definitely see the next Smash be either the biggest (but not by a big number, instead swapping parts) or a point where the series decides to keep a hard number for every entry afterwards since working on a MUGEN level roster isn't the most feasible of things.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Luigi is the original clone. Get rid of Luigi, he's just an inferior Mario.
Zelda is ok but everyone hates Ganondorf as a clone so get us Ganon with a trident instead.
Samus, Zamus, and Dark Samus. Metroid's dream roster, everyone.
I for one am tired of this Pikachu bias. Raichu 4 lyfe
Donkey Kong is ok but why not get the og instead? Cranky with crazy stick powers like Scrooge McDuck.
Also Miku. Sonic sux

I'm pretty sure Sakurai says Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Kirby are the 2nd tier of franchises after Mario/Pokemon/Zelda, just look at his character selection choices
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

TDLink

I'm pretty sure Sakurai says Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Kirby are the 2nd tier of franchises after Mario/Pokemon/Zelda, just look at his character selection choices
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

For Fire Emblem and Kirby at least, I would say that too. I'd probably put Metroid in there as well. Kid Icarus not so much but he just did the latest game so it's understandable.

Ryce

I still feel like something’s up regarding Rhythm Heaven — it’s a multi-million selling series that was particularly popular for a while in Japan, and all it gets is a Smash Run enemy and two trophies. What’s even weirder is that Sakurai loves video game music and yet there’s not a single Rhythm Heaven song/remix in the 3DS version. I was truly expecting a Rhythm Heaven stage or assist trophy at the very least…

Zubz

Banned
I still feel like something’s up regarding Rhythm Heaven — it’s a multi-million selling series that was particularly popular for a while in Japan, and all it gets is a Smash Run enemy and two trophies. What’s even weirder is that Sakurai loves video game music and yet there’s not a single Rhythm Heaven song/remix in the 3DS version. I was truly expecting a Rhythm Heaven stage or assist trophy at the very least…

I still feel like the Chorus Kids' cut was really late. Like, around the April Direct-late. There's a hole in the 3DS' stage select screen, too. I know it's likely for that DLC Arrow, but I feel like they might have meant to put a stage there, and since they ported over stages for DK, Metroid, Wario, Pikmin, and Yoshi, I don't know if just 1 was meant to get a real new stage. A Rhythm Heaven stage makes the most sense to me, though it may be a Wii U stage?

God, I hope you're right. Even if the Chorus Kids hype is but a memory at this point and they're just not going to happen (something I'm sadly beginning to think is the case), I want a Rhythm Heaven stage so badly. And really, why not? The gimmicks and hazards that could be used in such a stage would be perfect for Smash. The lack of RH content in Smash is really puzzling for all the reasons you mentioned.

I feel almost certain that the Chorus Kids were in the game at one point and cut rather late into development, for the same reason the Ice Climbers were cut. Gematsu's Chorus Kids claim didn't just come from nowhere.

If we were to assume that Rhythm Heaven content aside from just Sneaky Spirit was in the game at some point, I could see the third Rhythm Heaven trophy, Karate Joe, being Rhythm Heaven's Assist Trophy.

ughhhh... just thinking about it bums me out, though. What could have been D:
If that much work went into a newcomer, it seems strange to me that they'd just trash all of it rather than try to rework it in some fashion so that their efforts weren't in vain. I guess it's not impossible for that to still be in the cards, but I don't really want to set myself up for disappointment again.

Though, obviously, this is all assuming that they were planned and suffered the same fate as Ice Climbers. I think it's a decent possibility, but there's not really any particularly strong evidence indicating how far into development they were axed, if worked on at all (Gematsu leads me to believe that at least SOMETHING was up with them).

- Mother Brain
- Kraid
- Space Pirate #247?

I don't know man, Kraid is too big.

Could always add his stage instead of him :p. I honestly liked Brinstar Depths far more than the basic Metroid map we've had since the first game came out and has added very little to it as more games have come out. Was a massive troll when they added the music for it in Brawl and yet didn't bring the stage back.

Could always add his stage instead of him :p. I honestly liked Brinstar Depths far more than the basic Metroid map we've had since the first game came out and has added very little to it as more games have come out. Was a massive troll when they added the music for it in Brawl and yet didn't bring the stage back.

I agree,
Brinstar Depths and Poke Floats are my most missed stages from Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom