• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be down for a board game mode. The only other fighting game I know of that has something like that is Project Justice, in which its party mode also functions as the character creator. I had a few issues with its implementation in that game (namely the fact that there's no actual fighting involved other than watching your characters duke it out in a CPU controlled match), but I'd be curious to see another take on a fighting game board game.

This is for Italy

btw, the Italian translation for Smash World make it seem like a Board game like Monopoly, Risk, etc.etc.
Mmmh...What if Smash World is SSB x Mario Party?

Awesome! Thanks so much! I just updated the doc!

I color coded the items based on my guess where in the Wii U menu they would go.

2654716-3ds.jpg

I noticed some other unused clips.
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003.wav]
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000008.wav]
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000009.wav]
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000036.wav]

Survival and Special Smash are probably part of the "Smash" section of the menu.

Here it is for easy reference.
File Name, English, Italian, French, Spanish and German:
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000000C.wav] -> Boss Battle Sfida al boss (Challenge the boss/ Fight against the boss) , Combat contre le boss (Fight against the boss) , Fight against the boss , Bosskampf! (Boss Battle!)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000001.wav] -> Tourney Torneo (Tourney) , Tournoi (Tourney) , Tourney , Turnier! (Tournament!)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000001A.wav] -> The winner is... Vittoria per... (Victory for...) , Et c'est une victoire pour... (And this is a victory for...) , The winner is... , Der Sieger ist... (The winner is...)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000001C.wav] -> Yellow Team Squadra gialla (Yellow team) , L'équipe jaune (The yellow team) , The yellow team , Team Gelb (Team Yellow)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000002.wav] -> Events Eventi (Events) , Événements (Events) , Event , Missionen (literal: Missions) [possible event matches...?]
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000002A.wav] -> Special Order Richieste speciali (Special requests) , Commande spéciale (Special order) , Challenge to the cards , Spezialaufträge (special missions/orders)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000002B.wav] -> Master's Order Richieste Master (Master requests) , Commande Créa-Main (Master Hand order) , Master Hand Challenges , Meisterauftrag (Master mission/order)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000002C.wav] -> Crazy's Order Richieste Crazy (Crazy requests) , Commande Démainiaque (Crazy Hand order) , Crazy Hand Challenges , Crazy Auftrag (Crazy mission/order)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000002D.wav] -> Ticket Selection Scegli un biglietto (Choose a ticket) , Choisissez un ticket (Choose a ticket) , Choose an entry/entrance , sounds like Ticketwahl (choice of ticket)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003.wav] -> Spectate , , ,
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003A.wav] -> Round Three Terzo round (Third round) , Troisième round (Third round) , Third battle , Round three
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003B.wav] -> Round Four Quarto round (Fourth round) , Quatrième round (Fourth round) , Fourth battle , Round four
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003C.wav] -> Final Round Ultimo round (Last round) , Dernier round (Last round) , Final battle , letzte Runde (last round)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_0000003E.wav] -> amiibo amiibo , amiibo , amiibo , amiibo
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000007.wav] -> Grab the Coins Raccogli le monete (Collect the coins) , Ramasser les pièces (Grab the coins) , Go for the coins , Schnapp die Münzen! (Get the coins!)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000008.wav] -> Survival , , ,
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000009.wav] -> Special Smash , , ,
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000010.wav] -> The Champion Is La vittoria va a... (The victory goes to...) , Le tournoi est remporté par... (The tourney was won by...) , The winner is.. , Der Champion ist... (The champion is...)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000020.wav] -> 8 Player Smash Mischia a 8 (8-Man Smash) , Smash à 8 (Smash with 8*) , Smash for eight , 8-Kämpfer-Smash (8-player-smash)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000024.wav] -> Choose a Mii Scegli un Mii (Choose a Mii) , Choisissez un Mii (Choose a Mii) , Choose a mii , Wähle einen Mii-Charakter (Choose a Mii character)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000026.wav] -> Choose a Build Scegli una versione (Choose a version) , Faites votre choix (Make your choice) , Choose a version , Triff eine Auswahl (Make a choice)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000031.wav] -> Smash World Mischia da tavolo (Board Smash) ** , Odyssée Smash (Smash Odyssey) , Smash World , Smash Tour
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000036.wav] -> Official Tourney , , ,
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000038.wav] -> Round One Primo round (First round) , Premier round (First round) , First battle , Runde 1 (round 1)
- [snd_se_narration_menu_00000039.wav] -> Round Two Secondo round (Second round) , Deuxième round (Second round) , Second battle , Runde 2 (round 2)

Nintendo UK just tweeted this image. Seems like new artwork at the bottom. It'd be great if this goes on the box now.

Bz_4eF8IgAAzPay.png:large

Oof. I don't envy the UK, having to wait until Dec. 5th.

How do you teach a complete novice gamer to play Smash? I'm having a hard time explaining to my friends how to play.

I'm teaching my gf by showing her Smash 64 and having her practice recovery with Kirby, etc.

Can i ask a really stupid question

How do I Home Run?

Like, after just mashing away with Capt. Falcon I got... 40 feet?

I must be doing something wrong here... do I have to use the bat? Is it better not to? It seems like i just keep hitting the bag against the forcefield and it only gets hit "out" every once in a while.

I didn't play Brawl, but I did play Melee long ago and I don't remember having trouble with this.

Your last hit has to send it fast. Use the bat for the most part. Some fighters have moves that work better, like Ike or Ganon's B.

What the fuck happened to Ganondorf?

Like how Link is TP Link with a SS color scheme, Ganon is TP Ganon with a TWW color scheme.

I understand your point on most points but having a concern about community being splinted and people can't afford those dlc sound silly to me. Especially there are some fighting games that had more than 3 dlc characters and the community managed it just fine for tournaments.

If DLC characters go released too close to tourneys date then they are more likely to be ban for awhile to give people fair chance to get used to dlc characters if I recalled it correctly.
Hey, we agree on something.

So just a quick question:

I assume that the extension cord for the OG GC controllers should work just fine with the Wii hub right? I mean its just a longer wire it should work right?

I'm going to try and find them before the game comes out but I want to know if this would work.

Cse

Banned
Yeah, the game is going gold as we speak, so I'm also inclined to believe that the "not finished yet" quip is in reference to post-release content.

I found that statement quite interesting.

The Wii U version is indeed done, as the game is being released in just 5 weeks. There isn't a single major game developer on the planet that makes adjustments to the code just 5 weeks before launch.

Thus, I immediately presumed he was referring to future DLC. I'll believe it when I see it, though...

Really curious why anyone is surprised, or doubtful, that DLC will happen for Super Smash Bros.

As for Sakurai not being done with Super Smash Bros... I don't feel his statement is inherently referring to DLC as much as it is the Wii U version not being released yet and wrap up/documentation. Trust me, any DLC plans have already been frame-worked between Nintendo and Sakurai.

Cse

Banned
Really curious why anyone is surprised, or doubtful, that DLC will happen for Super Smash Bros.

Unlike other Nintendo titles, Smash isn't developed internally within Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't call the shots, Sakurai does. Nintendo engineers also aren't developing the game, as Namco developers are primarily responsible for the bulk of the programming and development.

Unless contracts were sorted out 18 months ago for DLC to be worked on after the games were complete, then it's likely that these engineering teams have other projects already lined up after they finish work on Smash. And, of course, all of this is contingent on Sakurai's intentions - if he doesn't want to do DLC, then there won't any DLC, despite what Nintendo execs may want.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Birdo is seen as an animal rather than an equal and eats eggs as well as shoot them!

1HZIooq.png

This rewrites the whole Mario canon and then some!

The fact that Ridley didn't even get into that roster brings me endless joy.

At first I was like >_<. But then I saw the context of the post, and I was like :D

The Wii U version is indeed done, as the game is being released in just 5 weeks. There isn't a single major game developer on the planet that makes adjustments to the code just 5 weeks before launch.

I'm not completely sure about that.
Sakurai/ The Smash Series is well known for including stuff at the last minute.

Unlike other Nintendo titles, Smash isn't developed internally within Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't call the shots, Sakurai does. Nintendo engineers also aren't developing the game, as Namco developers are primarily responsible for the bulk of the programming and development.

Unless contracts were sorted out 18 months ago for DLC to be worked on after the games were complete, then it's likely that these engineering teams have other projects already lined up after they finish work on Smash. And, of course, all of this is contingent on Sakurai's intentions - if he doesn't want to do DLC, then there won't any DLC, despite what Nintendo execs may want.
I'm sure there are studios within Nintendo capable of handling DLC. If the modding community is capable of adding music, color palletes, and stages to Brawl; then I'm sure professional developers can do the same.

Fiktion

Banned

Unless contracts were sorted out 18 months ago for DLC to be worked on after the games were complete,
then it's likely that these engineering teams have other projects already lined up after they finish work on Smash. And, of course, all of this is contingent on Sakurai's intentions - if he doesn't want to do DLC, then there won't any DLC, despite what Nintendo execs may want.

This is almost certainly the case.

I expect that there is a team at Namco working on this as we speak. Tecmo is and has been doing Hyrule Warriors DLC. Smash DLC is an inevitability.

Mistle

i still think the most telling thing for DLC is the many single gaps in the stage/character/item select screens, and the unused arrow files that fit them perfectly.

i mean, what else could it be?

I'm pretty sure that he's talking about Wii U version since he said he's done with 3 DS but he's not done so I would like to think he were talking about Wii U.

Last week, he mentioned that he's still working on the game. I guess they really pushing it right now. Also it's plausible that they could work on the patch.

The Wii U version has to be going gold already, though. Games usually go to print about a month before they ship to retailers, so at this point they'd have two or three more days of actual development/testing at best. Nah, I'm thinking DLC.

The guy behind the 16 DLC leak is back again!

Super Smash Bros. "Smash World" has certainly gotten a lot of hype in the past weeks. Many didn't believe anything that I had to say. What I have to say to those people is, have a good day! "Smash World" is coming!
I have more details on the mode.

AND Seriously this time, the REAL OFFICIAL Characters coming are now here
Wolf, Isaac, Lucas, Dr. Luigi, Impa, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Wonder-Red, Inklings, and Mewtwo. I apologize for the misunderstanding before, I wasn't positive on the Splatoon character names and I didn't want to get their names wrong!

In Smash World, you are able to battle players from around the world! The Smash World will consist of a few specific settings
Stock Battle, Time Battle, and Sudden Death Mode.
Every battle you win, you can earn prizes and skills that make you a better fighter! The skills can give characters such as Link powerups that you can use any time in a Smash World battle! Say if you earned 5 KO's in Smash World in a Stock Battle, you could have a chance to earn a prize such as Invisibilty, or an item of your choice, or just something simple as extra lives! You can use these anytime in battle.
Smash World can also be used as a newer Tournament mode. Smash World tournaments can have up to 8 players locally or 64 players worldwide. The 4 players can play on the Wii U, but the other 4 players can use the 3DS as a controller and a way to use your power-ups or anything you achieved. The Smash World Mode is WII U EXCLUSIVE.

Also, when you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, fighters that can be unlocked by beating them in a 1 on 1 battle are Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Impa. These characters will NOT be unlocked from the get go. They will need to be earned.
However, if you don't have a Wii U, these characters can be purchased from the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $8.99 as a pack.
The pack will also contain stages from previous Smash Bros. installments and a few new stages.

Isaac and Wonder- Red are Smash World unlockables. Isaac will be unlocked by beating your first local Smash World Tournament. Wonder-Red can be unlocked by earning 50 Smash World Prizes.
For the 3DS version of the game, players can buy Isaac and Wonder-Red in a pack with other items and stages for $8.99.

The Inklings will be unlocked in 2015 when the release of Splatoon releases. This character does not need any unlock requirements.
If you buy Splatoon, you will unlock the Inklings and other Splatoon related paraphernalia in Super Smash Bros. If you don't have a Wii U or a copy of Splatoon, 3DS players can buy the Splatoon pack in the Nintendo 3DS eShop for $5.99. If you have a Wii U and will not be purchasing Splatoon, you can still buy the Splatoon back from the Wii U eShop for $5.99 as well.

I am not the original person who spoke about Tower of Smash, therefore I will leave that topic to him/her. I will say that this mode is coming whether its called ToS or something like Smash Tower or Smash Rush.

I again apologize for the confusion about my previous comments. I typed this again for everyone here and everyone elsewhere to better understand this upcoming mode

Again, Smash World is a WII U EXCLUSIVE MODE. It will be listed under Games & More and Online.

Have a good day everyone! And don't forget to play Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS!!

Average price for 3DS being $5.99 for two characters isn't bad, but for stuff like Wonder Red and Isaac, having to pay when WiiU got them for free would just piss me and everyone else that mains the 3DS version off. Also Wonder Red went from DLC to AT to DLC. Plot twists up in here. Also, online only unlockables.

Well, I have lost faith in this leak if I do say so myself. Mr. Prince just shot himself in the foot. I also think he edited his post on SB to day "deleted due to Nintendo C&D" :D

Hey guys? Apparantly there is a picture going around of a 3D model of the Flying Man. I won't post it since it seems like its a scan and has Japanese text, but someone should get on translating that.
Flying Man DLC confirmed? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom