• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intelligent Systems needs to make a Paper Ice Climbers game first.
games_paperIceClimbers2.png

This would be really awesome as an "HD" remake. Just give it a visual overhaul and unclunk the controls and you've got a cute little eShop title. Can add additional levels and whatnot too if the base game would be too little.

Masked Man

I said wow
Take the Flying Man model, re-work it into a playable model for Hawlucha please.

I can totally see that happening, and I wouldn't be upset if it did--although I would prefer a playable Flying Man. ;)

Oh, so it is real! Interesting. Is the translation that the 3D Flying Man was a development leftover also legit?

Yep! They had originally created a 3D model but scrapped it in favor of a 2D model due to hardware restraints and aesthetic preferences.

Seriously, they're a blast in FFA!

I knew you would understand! Magicant has its own breed of FFA. It feels like a Smash mini-game: "Team up with the Flying Men to win!"

kimtish

Neo Member
I doubt there will be any huge discounts on Black Friday, probably just bundle deals. If you're lucky, maybe $250 for the 3D World bundle somewhere. Most will probably be $300 with the 3D World bundle + one other game.

In terms of price alone I doubt anything will be cheaper than the $200 refurbs from Nintendo.

What's the word on these refurbs? Good stuff?

Zubz

Banned
I don't understand why they didn't try to make Ice Climbers into sprites.

Of all the characters in the game, they'd work best as sprites and it would help with the processing power, while being artistically pleasing and pretty cool.

I don't know if that'd be enough to make them work on the 3DS, but I sure hope it will; it'd be the perfect design for them, and might make them playable without that ugly roster parity getting in the way. Just put the 3D models as alts in the Wii U version and we'd be golden! ... If it worked, of course.

Take the Flying Man model, re-work it into a playable model for Hawlucha please.

Again, I doubt it'd work that way, but it'd be amazing; Greninja was a disappointment to me in a way, because I knew it'd kill Hawlucha's chances. Between DLC and Pokken, however, I feel it'll be in a fighting game some day...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thank to PushDustin for the translation.

Sakurai also went with 5 minutes in Smash Run as he felt 4 minutes was too short, and 6 minutes was too long. Also, in Kid Icarus Uprising there is some mode that is 5 minutes. Furthermore, 2 songs fit perfectly in a 5 minute time frame.

Wii U has more modes, which meant that the development time took longer.

Fighters changed for various reasons. Lucario had to incorporate his Mega Form. Pit had to use weapons from his new game, and other characters changed for balance reasons.

They can add more tips via update, so there isn't a concrete number on how many tips are in the game.

Sakurai really cares about music in games.

He states that you can use the 3DS as a controller, and the Gamecube controller too (and transfer custom characters / Mii Fighters).

Wii U version will show greatness.

Sakurai chooses PoTD 10 days in advance, and sometimes picks a theme on what to show.

Sakurai states that for the 3DS stage, Magicant they made a full 3D model for Flying Man. But because the pixel version loaded faster and looked better, they went with that.

Development is still ongoing, and it's difficult. But he's glad a lot of people will play the game.

Apparently that Wii U version is still in development. (The Source is Famitsu that got released this week)

So yeah. It's not DLC that Sakurai were talking about this time.

Thank to PushDustin for the translation.

Apparently that Wii U version is still in development. (The Source is Famitsu that got released this week)

So yeah. It's not DLC that Sakurai were talking about this time.

I knew it, like I stated before, the Smash games are well known for including stuff at the last minute.

Lucario needed to incorporate his Mega Form.
Pit needed to use the weapons from his new game.

GANONDORF NEEDS TO HAVE AN UPDATE!!!

Hatchtag

Banned
I knew it, like I stated before, the Smash games are well known for including stuff at the last minute.

Lucario needed to incorporate his Mega Form.
Pit needed to use the weapons from his new game.

GANONDORF NEEDS TO HAVE AN UPDATE!!!

Of course he does, look at all the non-remakes he's been in since Brawl came out:

EulaCapra

Sakurai chooses PotD's 10 days in advance?

I refuse to believe the Paper Mario and other PotD GAF meltdowns were just pure coincidences.

Hatchtag

Banned

To be fair, I think he'll make a big return in Zelda Wii U. It seems like it's time to have him make a return. When Zelda Wii U comes out, it'll be 8 years since his last game (and that's assuming no delays). Plus, I can't say I've liked any of the villains since Ganondorf as much as him. I can't even remember who the fuck the villain in Phantom Hourglass was, and I completed that game, which is more than I can say for most Zeldas.

you figure sakurai's gotta throw us a bone eventually...

In the next Direct, he'll have a small box on a desk. He doesn't acknowledge it until the end of the Direct, where he goes "Oh what do we have here, what's in this mysterious box?".
He opens it up, and it's a Ridley amiibo along with a 5 minute teaser detailing how awesome Ridley is and how cool it will be to play as him.
And then I wake up

PotD: Temple returns as a stage! One of Melee's most popular stages, we would be fools to not bring it back. Now it looks even better than ever with a fresh coat of HD paint!

(Man, I wish)

(And yes, I know it's not popular with competitive players because of the Cave of Life, shut up)

KHlover

Banned
PotD: Temple returns as a stage! One of Melee's most popular stages, we would be fools to not bring it back. Now it looks even better than ever with a fresh coat of HD paint!

(Man, I wish)

(And yes, I know it's not popular with competitive players because of the Cave of Life, shut up)

That's the only reason I want temple back in the first place...

Zero173

Can anyone link me to the new rumor? Tower of Smash, Smash World, or whatever it is? I found a little bit a few pages back, but I feel like I'm missing parts of it

Can anyone link me to the new rumor? Tower of Smash, Smash World, or whatever it is? I found a little bit a few pages back, but I feel like I'm missing parts of it

I believe it is this one...

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!

Mariolee

But I thought Tower of Smash was deconfirmed by the Great Cave Offensive, which hasn't even been officially revealed yet. Could be Mt. Dedede for all we know.

I mean, that's why I'm wearing this avatar right?

/bitter

(Man, I wish)

I am almost entirely sure that everyone loves Temple, competitive player or not. I mean, it's Temple. It might not be viable for tournament play, but damn is it a nice stage.

Zero173

I believe it is this one...

Thanks! It took a little while, but I also found the rumor that's referred to in this rumor.
While all of these things sound absurdly fake, the last time someone said something that sounded so unreal that it was obviously fake was the Koopa Car Bowser Jr character (I think)...

Bluth54

(Man, I wish)

If the rumored 8 player mode is in I'm sure they'll bring back Temple since it would be one of the few existing stages that would work well with 8 players.

Maybe the 8 player mode let each player choose 2 characters, and will be able to switch between them. Still total 4 characters in the stage.

Hatchtag

Banned
Maybe the 8 player mode let each player choose 2 characters, and will be able to switch between them. Still total 4 characters in the stage.

Smash for Eight, one of the localizations, doesn't really make me think it'll be the case. Smash for Eight makes me think at worst it'll be eight people tagging out, and at best will be an eight-player brawl.

Mariolee

Hmm, so maybe it works like WWE tag team? 8 players, still 4 characters in the stage.

Oh, I misread that. I thought you meant 4 players, 8 characters, and that one player could switch between two characters.

I mean...I guess, but I think that's stretching it just to be cynical.

If there's an 8 player Smash, I'm sure it'll work the way we assume it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom