• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimtish

Neo Member
Never ordered directly from Nintendo, but take "overnight" with a grain of salt when ordering on a Friday. Ive had many times ordering on Thursday or Friday with 1-2 day shipping, and the weekend not calculating into the companies delivery schedule.

Godspeed.

Good advice. I'm not gonna drop 17 to get it next wednesday.

Lunar15

Anyone wanna take a guess at the trophy number on Wii U?

3DS had nearly 700, right? Wii U has to have a ton more, i'd imagine, simply because they can be ripped from Wii/GC and upscaled/uprezzed.

I'm gonna say over 1000.

Pretty certain Sakurai said that the 3DS version probably has more trophies than the Wii U version.

emb

Pretty certain Sakurai said that the 3DS version probably has more trophies than the Wii U version.

Only quote about it that I remember/found right away:

"Happy New Year! Pic of the day. There will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. The 3DS trophies will be mainly from handhelds and the Wii U version will feature trophies from the home-console games."

Golnei

Hope the stage builder is a lot less limited this time. Regardless, it's nice to see it come back, I was sort of expecting it to have been cut.

And the board game mode could be really interesting, even if it probably won't support online. The concept has a lot of potential, hopefully they don't keep us waiting too long before we get some more information.

At least the Kirby hats for the first DLC character leaked with images.

tumblr_inline_ndkj2oXTQY1r7av0p.png

tumblr_ndkkb1EKrZ1ril210o1_1280.png

I thought the only statement made was that the 3DS version would prioritise handhelds in its trophy selection - where did he comment on the number in each version?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

What! I don't even remember that? Are you sure that you didn't mistaken for Brawl?

Here is one of POTD comment.

Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief

I'm sure, much like games such as Goldeneye 007 and Bayonetta 2, Nintendo absolutely doesn't own the rights to the intellectual property, but they hold certain rights over the game and scenario of Project Zero 4, 2 Wii, 5 and Spirit Camera, allowing them to use assets/characters from said titles in titles such as Smash so long as the IP holders are properly credited.

Lunar15

Whoops, scratch my last post guys, I misread this post:

Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief

For some reason I always thought he said "Wii U" instead of Brawl!

Well man, that's good. This whole time I had been thinking that the 3DS version was going to have more trophies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Anyone one else hate trophies that are just ripped from other games? On Melee everything was made from scratch. On 3DS it seems to be a case of quantity over quality.
Everything was made from scratch because there werent any GCN level models made at the time

Let's see...

Board Game: I used to play a ton and love Mario Party games so this could be good, don't have anyone to play local sadly and it mist likely won't have online so I probably won't enjoy it that much but still a neat addition nonetheless.

Stage Creator: Love creating levels in LBP and some other games, but for Smash I don't see too much of a point. The base levels always seemed like eough to me. It needs o be much much MUCH improved from Brawl for me to even care.

Master/Crazy Orders: So its basically event matches. I love event matches so I eagerly await to try this mode out.

Still not sure if I'll get the WiiU version day one but this is pushing me more towards it, especially event matches. Will for sure get it if theres day one new characters but otherwise still debating it. Can only afford one game in October and since I prefer the 3DS version due to liking handhelds more this is a tough decision to get it just for stages/event matches and with Pokemon and LBP3 coming out, and me wantng a couple older rleases such as Infamous.

Really dunno what I'll do but very happy to see some event matches. Those were the only sp mode I really liked besides Melee Adventure and Break The Targets. Hope the board game is fun in sp too. Also lol at amazon just up and deciding to leak this. Since they have the info, gotta be a Smash/general direct soon.

Yes.. Just last week I posted about how cool it would be if there was a simple board game mode where at the end of the turns, everyone participates in a smash event, like at the end of Smash Run.

BOOM BABY. IN.. ONE.

Next I'm predicting that you can actually deleted characters from the character select screen, and spend in game gold to turn them into characters people actually want.

GENIUS.

I'm psyched for Stage Builder. They really need to have 'themes' available.

Best case scenario... You have the ability to basically do what they did with Omega stages, except you can add platforms, blocks, other objects, but all within the theme of the stage.
Stages can be uploaded, rated, and downloaded online. Nintendo shares their favorite stages every month or something, a la Little Big Planet.

Worst case scenario, it's exactly like Brawl's mode.

Hatchtag

Banned
I feel like Stage Builder is a necessary feature to have if there's an eight-player mode. We'd need a variety of large stages, and stage builder could provide them. I loved Brawl's one, even if it was barebones, so hopefully this one is just as great, if not better.
I still feel like most the other modes from the files, bar maybe Event Match and Boss Battles, will probably be in. Here's hoping a Direct revealing them is soon.

Golnei

Best case scenario... You have the ability to basically do what they did with Omega stages, except you can add platforms, blocks, other objects, but all within the theme of the stage.
Stages can be uploaded, rated, and downloaded online. Nintendo shares their favorite stages every month or something, a la Little Big Planet.

Worst case scenario, it's exactly like Brawl's mode.

Being able to edit the Omega stages or use them as backdrops would be fantastic - it would even allow for what would effectively be a hazard-less version of several stages, without Sakurai compromising his principles by adding a toggle. The only other thing I could hope for would be the ability to create 'break the targets' stages in the editor, similarly shareable to standard stages. That way, even if the development team can't waste time on 51 unique challenges, character-specific stages could continue to be created and shared by players themselves.

Anyone wanna take a guess at the trophy number on Wii U?

3DS had nearly 700, right? Wii U has to have a ton more, i'd imagine, simply because they can be ripped from Wii/GC and upscaled/uprezzed.

I'm gonna say over 1000.
1080, one for every p of resolution /s

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very excited for the Stage Builder and all crazy levels to be created. In Brawl, I used to create levels like this:

ssb_stagejna7t.png

It's not made to scale, but you get the point. Occasionally I would fill a level to the brim with hazards and have CPs battle each other there. Was fun to watch.

emb

Lol, the quote from the guy who started the petition:
Nintendo NEEDS to port this game to the PSVita. Many of us Sony fans don't want to buy an underpowered console like the Nintendo 3DS, but we would gladly buy a quality title like Smash Bros. Not only would it be benefical for both fans and Nintendo, but probably also REQUIRED by US anititrust law, since Nintendo has a monopoly on games like Smash Bros. by virtue of having no competing title.
Yeah, I'm sure it's probably illegal. How dare Nintendo support it's own struggling business when there are antitrust laws. :p

Pizza

Rösti;134762122 said:
I'm very excited for the Stage Builder and all crazy levels to be created. In Brawl, I used to create levels like this:

ssb_stagejna7t.png

It's not made to scale, but you get the point. Occasionally I would fill a level to the brim with hazards and have CPs battle each other there. Was fun to watch.

Doing this with two people's amiibos will be fun! My Mario toy will kick your Mewtwo toy's butt

Lol, the quote from the guy who started the petition:

Yeah, I'm sure it's probably illegal. How dare Nintendo support it's own struggling business when there are antitrust laws. :p

Couldnt this be argued with nothing but a "Nintendo games are simply optional accessories for the consoles you buy"?

emb

Couldnt this be argued with nothing but a "Nintendo games are simply optional accessories for the consoles you buy"?
Are you living in a pretend world where Smash Bros. is in some sense optional?

Probably.

I also like how he claims that there are no competing titles for a game like Smash Bros. Would be interesting to see Sony make something like that for the Vita. Kappa

RomanceDawn

Hahahaha! I bet this kid was sitting in some high school government or history class, heard some vague definition of an Antitrust Law(what ever it is) and had the sudden realization that maybe, just maybe he was the only one to figure out the loop hole that is the Smash only on Nintendo dilemma and set forth to share his idea with the world expecting it to catch like wild fire.

I hope someone sneezes on him while he's yawning.

Probably.

I also like how he claims that there are no competing titles for a game like Smash Bros. Would be interesting to see Sony make something like that for the Vita. Kappa

Even he doesn't count Playstation All Stars. lol

LOL!!

The sad thing is he got 700 signatures lol.
If you look, a lot of them are trolls lol

Probably.

Even Sony fans don't acknowledge that game.

Kappa

I swear, I have to be the only person in the world who actually likes PSASBR.

The intro alone is nothing short of spectacular.
Rule of thumb: if you are every asking "am I the only one who...?", the answer is resoundingly "no". Every time. (Unless you deliberately ask something ultra-specific to yourself, like "am I the only one who is named [insert real name here], born to [insert parents' real names here] and lives in [insert hometown here]", in which case the answer is probably "yes".)

I know at least one other person who is lamenting that the game is still solid, despite seemingly nobody else liking it. You are not the only one.

Rule of thumb: if you are every asking "am I the only one who...?", the answer is resoundingly "no". Every time. (Unless you deliberately ask something ultra-specific to yourself, like "am I the only one who is named [insert real name here], born to [insert parents' real names here] and lives in [insert hometown here]", in which case the answer is probably "yes".)

I know at least one other person who is lamenting that the game is still solid, despite seemingly nobody else liking it. You are not the only one.

It wasn't a question, but that's good advice.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom