• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

I agree with this. Speculating on leaks - even ridiculous ones - is part of the pre-Smash hype, and is something we won't get to do again for many years after this. Those who find leak speculation disagreeable are more than welcome to ignore it, but I don't think we should have to avoid it at all. It's harmless fun.

I think a lot of people who have that "speculation on dumb leaks is dumb" attitude are going to find that they miss all the discussions and theorizing about the games' characters, stages and features once both of them are actually out and the surprise is gone.
Yep, no harm in talking about leaks. And if nothing else, it's fun seeing what someone, somewhere, thinks would be a fun or interesting concept in Smash. :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember when people got mad that I went against the general agreement of Smash-GAF and posted a thread about the ESRB-leak.

Basically, I think we all need to realize if I say a leak is real, it's real.

I remember when people got mad that I went against the general agreement of Smash-GAF and posted a thread about the ESRB-leak.

Could you go ahead and say that the Tower of Smash leak is real already, then? :(

Yes, I know it isn't. But it's just too perfect to let go of...

Watch Da Birdie

Still on the fence with that. I only stand behind things solidly when I have visual evidence, or someone with a good word.

I don't really know if the new information kills Tower of Smash since it only mentioned one mode of possibly many, and just because it wasn't in the Amazon Leak I don't know if I'd say kills it. Plus it mentioned the return of Stage Builder. The "all characters and stages unlocked!" thing seems like it's wrong, but then again, I imagine a build that would be leaked might have everything unlocked and the person assumed wrong.

Still on the fence with that. I only stand behind things solidly when I have visual evidence, or someone with a good word.

I don't really know if the new information kills Tower of Smash since it only mentioned one mode of possibly many, and just because it wasn't in the Amazon Leak I don't know if I'd say kills it. Plus it mentioned the return of Stage Builder. The "all characters and stages unlocked!" thing seems like it's wrong, but then again, I imagine a build that would be leaked might have everything unlocked and the person assumed wrong.

Oh wise one, what does thou say about Spainkiller's leak?

It's dead
It said events are gone, we know that's not the case and they're just named master orders and crazy orders, but are still basically events

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I thought this was interesting. It looks like Best Buy might not be selling the GC adapters or controllers in store? My local store is apparently sold out of bundle preorders or something (can't preorder the bundle) and the adapter and controller are only available for shipping, not for store pickup.

If true that adds to my speculation that the GC adapter/controllers are not going to be widely available accessories.

It's dead
It said events are gone, we know that's not the case and they're just named master orders and crazy orders, but are still basically events

Wait, when did we find out about Master/Crazy Order being all about events?

Even then, it's still not called "Event Mode".

I think what kills it was that "Tower of Smash" not existing, as far as we know.

Stage builder should start off with Brawl's pieces, but allow for scrolling stages, custom backgrounds, custom foregrounds, (slightly) programmable platforms and objects like you'd have in LBG and 'packs' themed after every repped franchise.

Also I'm still choosing to believe in Spainkiller. If I could get over those four characters not being in the 3DS game, I can get over them not being in the Wii U game either.

Richie

Leaks are indeed part of the hype train journey, and I'd argue, one of the most memorable when all is said and done. In this particular case, what about that Gematsu leak, eh? That made us believe there'd be no chance it wasn't true with its first part, where everyone took for granted that Chrom and Chorus Kids were in as the last newcomers (Imagine that, we were resigned to a much smaller roster!), then BAM, Sakurai shakes the land where Smashers live and gave us Robin AND Lucina when people least expected it. It was a true gem of a moment, and wouldn't have been possible had we not given Gematsu as much credibility as we did before that glorious Monday.

That is a good question. Not sure why all the secret about a (supposedly) boss character.
I equate it to Megaman in MvC3. So much conversation about his potential. Asked about in many interviews. Hush hush hush. Why all the hush? They were probably avoiding bad PR about him not being in the game. The same logic may apply here.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh wise one, what does thou say about Spainkiller's leak?

Well, it wasn't a leak, per say, he just says his friend told him there were models of Chorus Kids, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo he saw.

So, I trust SpainKiller isn't lying, and I'll even extend that to his friend, but consider how we now have a pic Sakurai released of a full 3D model that was never used, it's possible there were 3D models made for them early on, but scrapped.

Dr. Buni

The ToS leak wasn't really that good.
I equate it to Megaman in MvC3. So much conversation about his potential. Asked about in many interviews. Hush hush hush. Why all the hush? They were probably avoiding bad PR about him not being in the game. The same logic may apply here.
Fair point, but the difference is that he actually is in the game (Ridley) and not revealing that he is a boss sooner do more harm than good to the game, I think.

Well, it wasn't a leak, per say, he just says his friend told him there were models of Chorus Kids, Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo he saw.

So, I trust SpainKiller isn't lying, and I'll even extend that to his friend, but consider how we now have a pic Sakurai released of a full 3D model that was never used, it's possible there were 3D models made for them early on, but scrapped.
He also made out his source was on Nintendo of Europe's localisation team though; would they still be seeing moving 3DS models for characters who would wind up being cut at that point in development?

Though without knowing who this person is, yeah, absolutely nothing to indicate they're not bullshitting him.

Watch Da Birdie

He also made out his source was on Nintendo of Europe's localisation team though; would they still be seeing moving 3DS models for characters who would wind up being cut at that point in development?

Though without knowing who this person is, yeah, absolutely nothing to indicate they're not bullshitting him.

I forgot, but I think SpainKiller later indicated these were Wii U models?

Dr. Buni

I dunno the details on what the guy saw but he has no reason to lie, right now I'm just waiting around to see what happens regarding it.
I see. Thankfully we only have one extra month of wait to know if the characters mentioned by SpainKiller are in the game or not.

Watch Da Birdie

If they really are unlocked through 3DS - Wii U interconnectivity, which can be done right away, Sakurai has to mention that before release...right? I mean, maybe not reveal all of them, but that seems a HUGE thing to not mention.

Ryce

I still think Ridley's just a boss considering he's grouped with Metal Face, Yellow Devil, and other stage hazards in the ripped data. That's probably the model Spainkiller's source saw in motion.

Watch Da Birdie

Personally I think it's DLC months after.

I hope not, only because I can't stand the wait for that. :(

I don't mind DLC Stages, Music, or Costumes, but I like having the roster final ASAP. I just hate the uncertainty and months, maybe even years, of "maybe they'll add so-and-so!"

Dr. Buni

I would be okay with Dixie, Chorus Kids, Ridley and... I think SpainKiller mentioned someone else... as DLC characters.

Anyways, though I have both 3DS and Wii U, I still hope the connectivity thing isn't legit. The idea rubs me the wrong way. If it is, then I hope the characters are released as DLC as well, so people with only 3DS or Wii U can have access to them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I still think Ridley's just a boss considering he's grouped with Metal Face, Yellow Devil, and other stage hazards in the ripped data. That's probably the model Spainkiller's source saw in motion.

This makes a lot more sense than Ridley being playable. I'd love for it to happen, but I don't think it ever will.

Wait, when did we find out about Master/Crazy Order being all about events?

Even then, it's still not called "Event Mode".

I think what kills it was that "Tower of Smash" not existing, as far as we know.
The Amazon leak mentioned specific battle conditions set by master or crazy hand, which sound an awful lot like events to me

The Amazon leak mentioned specific battle conditions set by master or crazy hand, which sound an awful lot like events to me

Finally, Master Hand gets to show off his Reality Warping powers!
And I don't even want to know what Crazy Hand's challenges are.

Scrapping the chance to have Mewtwo and Ridley playable? That will cause an even bigger outrage than the Ice Climbers reveal.

Spainkiller PM'd Starphoenix, and told him his friend saw the models on the 3DS.

No, from what I was told it was the 3DS. Perhaps he later clarified somewhere else.
LOL

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Sure, so that meant Ganondorf being modeled after Sakurai's father is real? :p

It's dead

Yeah, there is announcer's voice saying Event Match in the game. It's more likely to be in the game.

Nope, someone asked Spainkiller, and he said that it was 3DS models.

I would be okay with Dixie, Chorus Kids, Ridley and... I think SpainKiller mentioned someone else... as DLC characters.

Anyways, though I have both 3DS and Wii U, I still hope the connectivity thing isn't legit. The idea rubs me the wrong way. If it is, then I hope the characters are released as DLC as well, so people with only 3DS or Wii U can have access to them.

That was Mewtwo that you forget but yeah. If we are getting Direct so I wonder if we are getting anything.

Wait, where was this? Wasn't aware we'd found hard proof Metal Face was in the game's files outside of Shulk's announcement trailer.

Metal face would be the perfect way to ruin a really nice level

Which means he almost certainly a boss

You know in all star mode, flying man and wario wares mini games are turned off, meaning there's a version of the stages without hazards you should be able to easily access by holding L, but they don't have that option available :/

I still stand by Ridley being both a boss and a playable character.

But, you got these files from the 3DS? What about the monster in Find Mii, isn't he a boss?

Also, Ridley had files for being an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, so while it's unlikely, that could also be the case here.

I'm going with only a playable character and the model we saw was it, it was way to small to be a stage hazard. (Sorry for people who hate other m. Me too...me too..will still take it.)

I mostly believe spainkiller but yeah, don't see them being connecting characters. The first DLC most likely won't be announced until mid next year. No reason to announce them now due to WiiU actually having some exciting exclusive modes + it actually takes time to develop the DLC. If we got it at WiiU launch then that 100% means it was held back on purpose.

I wonder if Chorus Kids makes it, if it is indeed one character that looks like three or if they got them and IC to work. I would rather have it be one character honesly, but that begs the question of why they were cut from base game in the first place with SR enemy already in.

But, you got these files from the 3DS? What about the monster in Find Mii, isn't he a boss?

Also, Ridley had files for being an Assist Trophy back in Brawl, so while it's unlikely, that could also be the case here.
I don't think Sakurai would do that. There's no Alfonzo to step in for Ridley.

Meta Ridley wouldn't work.

For shame, KLatin Scelus. For shame.

ridley will never be playable............

I'm going to second this.
He's not going to be in the 3DS and Wii U games. Not as DLC, not as 3DS/Wii U connected characters, just not a playable character on the roster. Maybe a playable boss, but not on the roster.

Though I still think that people in a year's time will still be in total denial and expect Ridley to be DLC because how could he not be?

Dr. Buni

I'm going to second this.
He's not going to be in the 3DS and Wii U games. Not as DLC, not as 3DS/Wii U connected characters, just not a playable character on the roster. Maybe a playable boss, but not on the roster.

Though I still think that people in a year's time will still be in total denial and expect Ridley to be DLC because how could he not be?
I am saving this post in my bookmarks just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom