• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, Tower of Smash mentioned Impa...

Then again, I recall there were a few instances of posts mentioning her alongside Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley way back when the Duck Hunt rumor came out, such as the other posts that were mentioned on Smashboards as coming from 4chan. Most assumed they were just working off the real leak, but now I wonder...

How did you not connect "indiana" to Indiana Jones?

Save the date - October 18, 2015. People will still be expecting him as DLC, even though by that time Sakurai will explicitly say that he won't be in the roster for either version.

I barely know anything about Indiana Jones. So he's not normally someone my mind would go straight to.

Kjellson

What if Ridley gets announced as DLC and you get really hyped and then just one day after the announcement you lose both your hands in a terrible accent so you can never play as him?

What if.

Dr. Buni

What if Ridley gets announced as DLC and you get really hyped and then just one day after the announcement you lose both your hands in a terrible accent so you can never play as him?

What if.
What if smash wii u is cancelled and Ridley was supposed to be a Wii U exclusive character

What if.

Meh, I don't care about Ridley. I'd be more upset about my hands.

At least my three friends who all want Ridley in could still play as him. Unless they lose all their hands too.

I'm going to second this.
He's not going to be in the 3DS and Wii U games. Not as DLC, not as 3DS/Wii U connected characters, just not a playable character on the roster. Maybe a playable boss, but not on the roster.

Though I still think that people in a year's time will still be in total denial and expect Ridley to be DLC because how could he not be?

Yep, absolutely agree with this. #Teamnoridley

And by that I mean normal selectable character. I still think Ridley is better suited as a boss character and would be fine he was playable in a special mode. But that's it.

I think it's kinda funny that so many people seem convinced that Sakurai has intentionally been saying nothing about Ridley to keep fans salivating and is, like, hiding something regarding Ridley.

I think the unfortunate (for Ridley fans) reality is that Sakurai already gave Ridley all the pre-release attention he's going to and doesn't think he's anywhere near as important as fans think he is, or doesn't even think there's any actual mystery surrounding him. From Sakurai's perspective, he teased Ridley as the obvious stage boss for Pyrosphere and that's the extent of it; Ridley fans created whatever additional narrative has arisen from that ("Other M Ridley is the stage hazard, Super Metroid Ridley is playable!", "Sakurai is trolling us because he only showed Ridley's shadow!", etc.).

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though. Ether way, it won't be long now!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah, Tower of Smash mentioned Impa...

Then again, I recall there were a few instances of posts mentioning her alongside Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley way back when the Duck Hunt rumor came out, such as the other posts that were mentioned on Smashboards as coming from 4chan. Most assumed they were just working off the real leak, but now I wonder...

It was Impa and Wolf coming together from other leak but he ended up being wrong if I recalled correctly.

NeonZ

I think the unfortunate (for Ridley fans) reality is that Sakurai already gave Ridley all the pre-release attention he's going to and doesn't think he's anywhere near as important as fans think he is, or doesn't even think there's any actual mystery surrounding him. From Sakurai's perspective, he teased Ridley as the obvious stage boss for Pyrosphere and that's the extent of it;

Why would Ridley be worthy teasing as a stage boss when Ridley was a boss twice in Brawl already? Why not just casually show him, or not even mention him, like most other stage cameos, rather than teasing him several times?

I guess one could point to Metal Face in the Xenoblade trailer, but at least that was only once and it'd be a newcomer to the franchise, not just a returning npc in a similar role.

The joke is old Saturn, let it die.

who's your favorite non-smash character

I think it's kinda funny that so many people seem convinced that Sakurai has intentionally been saying nothing about Ridley to keep fans salivating and is, like, hiding something regarding Ridley.

I think the unfortunate (for Ridley fans) reality is that Sakurai already gave Ridley all the pre-release attention he's going to and doesn't think he's anywhere near as important as fans think he is, or doesn't even think there's any actual mystery surrounding him. From Sakurai's perspective, he teased Ridley as the obvious stage boss for Pyrosphere and that's the extent of it; Ridley fans created whatever additional narrative has arisen from that ("Other M Ridley is the stage hazard, Super Metroid Ridley is playable!", "Sakurai is trolling us because he only showed Ridley's shadow!", etc.).

I still think it's hilarious how there's only a month left before the Wii U version and we still don't have explicit information on his boss appearance

If it really does turn out that Sakurai was hiding a playable Ridley behind the boss implication, then I'd...I dunno how I'd react to that (other than knowing that Sakurai is the greatest master troll of our time).

what if the board game is just peach's birthday cake from the first mario party game and the only mini-game is bumper balls

loser has to do mini-kart derby on a racetrack roughly the size of new pork city

Once I saw the shadow, I knew that was it. I was pretty surprised when I saw people using that shadow as evidence for his inclusion. I bet those few seconds of shadow have been analyzed about as much as the Patterson-Gimlin tape or the Zapruder film.

End of September; first results for an image search of "Ridley Shadow."
G2fDNWx.png

What if Ridley IS the board game?

I've come to terms with that. If he isn't in this game, he's never going to be playable in any game.

You know that's not true! "Project Giant Robot" needs some giant monster adversaries, and only Ridley can match their size!

. Most assumed they were just working off the real leak, but now I wonder...
Watch Da Birdie
Watch Da Leaks

Ridley isn't a boss! Did anyone even look at the footage? The Ridley shown is way to small, its only about a little over double the size of Pikachu who is average size. Ridley is playable. And no, not as a boss. There won't be any playable bosses. I am 100% sure that both Ridley will he playable as connectivity or DLC characters. That is it. Ridley will be playable and you all will see. I will bet a CN game worth 200 coins on Ridley beng a real playable character.

I'm pretty sure Metal Face will be too since both Smash World and Special Order modes are known and theres no boss mode. MF won't be a stage hazard since he wasn't in 3DS version. The shared stages won't be different. I'll bet another 200 CN game that Metal Face will also be a character. Come at me Smashers.

I can't wait to be proven right. I have good track record. There is no chance for failure, because I am the very best at predictions, like noone ever was. To predict is my real test, to Ridley is my cause.

And I really am willing to bet, just not both at once. So if I'm wrong about MF I won't lose any coins.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
PSA: I don't know if it's been posted in this thread or not, but Toys'R'Us has a deal going where if you preorder Smash Wii U through them, you get an Amiibo free.

FREE amiibo Figure with the purchase of Super Smash Bros Wii U
Must add to cart BOTH Super Smash Bros Wii U AND one amiibo Figure for offer to apply.

HOW IT WORKS

· Maximum 1 discount per order

· While quantities last

· This promotion does not combine with others

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41442366&cp=&parentPage=search

Edit: Looks like free shipping too, so a grand total of $59

Kjellson

I thought it was the same guy as in Brawl, which was some guy who worked on some Bill Nye show in the 80's or 90's or whatever. I didn't expect such a young guy!

Aw shit, so it's not Cashman. This guy has got the range; very talented. Very much like his voice work in this game.

Reeeaaally hope they kept the Title recordings for Wii U.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Get this guy to voice the next Kamen Rider/Super Sentai transformation toys, please.

EDIT: WAIT A SECOND...this guy probably knows all the characters! I mean, he has to do the character select voices for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom