• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

I hope people realize that Little Mac is supposed to be 17 years old when they "ship" him with Samus. She's definitely years older than he is.

"Shipping" always weirds me out, especially when involving real people.

Shipping only weirds me out when its real people or when people get obsessed with it to the point where there enjoyment of a show/movie/book/etc is greatly hindered due to the fact that their ship is non-canon.

Also, I find it weird that the SamusxMac ship started after he decked her in his reveal trailer. My first thought after seeing that was "Wow, I don't think Samus will ever be able to walk again after that hit." not "Wow, these two are so cute together." But, such is the world of shipping.

Also, I find it weird that the SamusxMac ship started after he decked her in his reveal trailer. My first thought after seeing that was "Wow, I don't think Samus will ever be able to walk again after that hit." not "Wow, these two are so cute together." But, such is the world of shipping.

It's because they are in a lot of pictures together, mostly to compare size. There was even a size comparison pic in Brawl.

Dr. Buni

Shipping is weird. Period.

Speaking of shipping, the fact people ship Samus with basically every character in the game (male, female, animal-like, robot, etc) is so fucking stupid. Then again, the developers themselves made of her the personification of fanservice and everything which is wrong with tons of female characters in game, so it is actually hard to blame the fans for shipping her with anything that moves in Smash.

/rant

Veeboy

Speaking of shipping, the fact people ship Samus with basically every character in the game (male, female, animal-like, robot, etc) is so fucking stupid. Then again, the developers themselves made of her the personification of fanservice and everything which is wrong with tons of female characters in game, so it is actually hard to blame the fans for shipping her with anything that moves in Smash.

Not that I disagree with your rant (on the contrary I agree a lot), but the fact that she is (or was) the only "single" female character in the game might have a little bit to do with it also. Shes one of few female characters in smash who isn't simply a love interest of a male main character nor does she have a love interest of any sort.

It's because they are in a lot of pictures together, mostly to compare size. There was even a size comparison pic in Brawl.

I was unaware of the size comparison in Brawl, but I only noticed an influx of SamusxMac art immediately after Mac's intro trailer.

Not that I disagree with your rant (on the contrary I agree a lot), but the fact that she is (or was) the only "single" female character in the game might have something to do with it. Shes one of few females in smash who isn't simply a love interest of a male main character nor does she have a love interest of any sort.
But she's a strong, independent, space bounty-hunter who doesn't need a man!

Unless she suddenly has an emotional breakdown against a boss she's faced several times before.

Golnei

But she's a strong, independent, space bounty-hunter who doesn't need a man!

Unless she suddenly has an emotional breakdown against a boss she's faced several times before.

The only man she needs in her life is Adam
/Sakamoto
. Because every scared little girl needs a stoic daddy to take care of her.

Cranzor

Speaking of the announcer voice actor, he uploaded a new video saying he'll do a Q&A soon. He said he won't be answering anything about the Wii U version and that he won't be saying character names in the voice, as Nintendo owns the character of the announcer.

Get on that NeoGAF one, Feep. :p There's an annotation on his video that makes it sound like something like that would be allowed under the contract.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of the announcer voice actor, he uploaded a new video saying he'll do a Q&A soon. He said he won't be answering anything about the Wii U version and that he won't be saying character names in the voice, as Nintendo owns the character of the announcer.

Get on that NeoGAF one, Feep. :p There's an annotation on his video that makes it sound like something like that would be allowed under the contract.

It would be amazing if he did one for "NeoGAF Official Thread" and it were added to the Wii U OT.

/rant

Always happy to see someone who shares this opinion( I completely agree with everything you said), heck I was expecting you to get torn apart as it usually goes when someone talks about Samus in a negative way.

I usually don't care about shipping, as long as it isn't everything the community talks about
Korra

/rant

Honestly speaking, in the context of this thread and fanart I've seen outside of it, I've only ever seen people shipping Samus with Little Mac and, occasionally, Mega Man. (Also Master Chief, outside of Smash.)

I do agree with you, but I haven't seen Samus shipped with "anything that moves in Smash."

Honestly speaking, in the context of this thread and fanart I've seen outside of it, I've only ever seen people shipping Samus with Little Mac and, occasionally, Mega Man. (Also Master Chief, outside of Smash.)

I do agree with you, but I haven't seen Samus shipped with "anything that moves in Smash."
There's Snake and Ike. And now I guess Shulk.

Akiller

There's only room for one Snake.
1204770106108.jpg

With Shulk it's more of a running gag about their "beach outfits" and both being scantily clad than shipping.

I don't mind a little shipping here and there. It's when it starts coming off as someone's fetish and becomes out of character for the both of them where it gets intolerable and weird.

So I guess none of you have ever seen the weirdness that is the more-popular-than-it-should-be Samus/Fox pairing?

Or maybe that creepiness ended with Brawl, I don't know.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

/rant

Yeah. Duck x Dog is all that people should believe in. /s

I was looking for good Duck Hunt arts for my background since people are starting to making more fan arts of Duck Hunt due to Smash Influence. I just saw this picture by using Deviantart search.

Yeah, I just start looking for Duck Hunt background right now since I'm celebrating that I'm done with all single contents (only 3 hats left tho but I'm taking a break from doing that for awhile. Now I can focus on multiplayer more often now.)

I should start looking around all custom moves that I got and see if I like any of them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This has probably been posted before, but Samus' pose in the official renders makes a lot more sense now.

tumblr_ncamqv6gdB1riutkco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ndlu0u5gsr1r66xf0.png

She's in a full armor capable of sustaining extreme heat and cold, WHY DOES SHE HAVE A CLOAK!?

Master Chief did the same thing in the Halo 4 reveal trailer!

So I guess none of you have ever seen the weirdness that is the more-popular-than-it-should-be Samus/Fox pairing?

Or maybe that creepiness ended with Brawl, I don't know.

LOL now that I think about it, I remember seeing that on Smashboards' Creative Minds board looooooong ago.

And Link/Goku. Mmm.

Son Of D

She's in a full armor capable of sustaining extreme heat and cold, WHY DOES SHE HAVE A CLOAK!?

Master Chief did the same thing in the Halo 4 reveal trailer!

Pretty much the same reason superheroes have capes. It looks cool when blowing in the wind.

I hope people realize that Little Mac is supposed to be 17 years old when they "ship" him with Samus. She's definitely years older than he is.

"Shipping" always weirds me out, especially when involving real people.

That's not even the worst of it. Mega Man is (built with the appearance, persona, and voice of) a kid, and people ship them uncomfortably often. (Which, in this case, is "at all.")

Shes one of few female characters in smash who isn't simply a love interest of a male main character nor does she have a love interest of any sort

You are not authorized to make that call.

Mom_amalkovich.jpg

Oh yeah, how could I forget Snake? Guess I was thinking only in the context of Smash 3DS/Wii U and not Brawl.

Haven't seen anyone shipping Samus with Ike or Shulk, though.
I mainly thought of Shulk because both of them had those kind of alts and there were some people light on the idea, but outside of that it's nothing really. On other hand, Ike does gets shipped with Samut a lot.

And of course how could I forget Captain Falcon.

Veeboy

That's not even the worst of it. Mega Man is (built with the appearance, persona, and voice of) a kid, and people ship them uncomfortably often. (Which, in this case, is "at all.")

That reminds me, I'm pretty sure I've seen some PitxSamus fanart as well.

I'm gonna go ahead and add "When children (or children-like entities) are involved at all" to my list of 'When shipping is weird'.

You are not authorized to make that call.

Adam is more of a father figure than a love interest. At least its not as weird as the SamusxRidley pairings I've seen.

Also in my mind Adam no longer exists despite Fusion being one of my favorite GBA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom