• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Speaking of which, what the hell were they thinking, having Final Destination as the hardest stage to unlock in Melee?

I actually really liked that. Felt earned. Made sense, too, being, well, Final Destination. After you've collected everything else game related, here you have a straight, no-nonsense platform that's a portal to the real world. Good times.

I actually really liked that. Felt earned. Made sense, too, being, well, Final Destination. After you've collected everything else game related, here you have a straight, no-nonsense platform that's a portal to the real world. Good times.

I guess, but it's still crazy to think about at this point.

I'd want the Forsaken Fortress, personally. I think the lighting changes for Wind Waker HD worked best in the dark, funnily enough. Something about the bloom in the daytime bothered me.

Helmaroc King stage boss too.

I feel like I'm the only one that liked The Wind Waker HD's bloom lighting. :(

(I know I'm not; you're never "the only one." But still!)

-Horizon-

Looks much better with the pumpkin head. Maybe I should join the Halloween celebration around here. :p

Sakurai should dedicate some PotDs too for the holidays.

POTD 12/25/2014

Sakurai: "Look! King Dedede brought presents for everyone! What could be in that GIANT sack?*"

*not Ridley

That face...

7e8.jpg

jnWake

I'd like some stages from N64 back, but remastered like MK8 does with retro tracks. DK and Zelda stages were kind of cool if my memory works properly!

I'm thinking, if there were to be a TWWHD stage it would be a new version of Pirate Ship, like "Pirate Ship HD" or something. Same basic layout, but new graphics based on TWWHD and new hazards. A relatively simple to make new stage to make, which would help pad stage roster numbers. That, Skyloft, and Temple, I could see that being Zelda's stage representation.

But I think at this point the stage I want to see the absolute most is a new Donkey Kong stage. I don't even care what the hell it is at this point. We're about a month out and we still haven't seen a new Donkey Kong stage. In fact, in terms of new content, Donkey Kong has gotten dick. The only new Donkey Kong feature in the 3DS version is a new song. No new character, no new stage, no new item, and not one single fucking Assist Trophy period, anywhere. The way franchise representation has been handled this go around has been pretty eye-opening, in a negative way, to say the least.

Masked Man

I said wow
what do you not support the beautiful pairing of tio juan and helen

I'm gonna kick you out of the democrat caucus for anti-immigration >:|

Edit: Ah, yes, and be sure to read this alternate take (I think) on the events of Fusion!

I never said I was against their touching romance. I just, uh...y'know... >.> Lots of really moving phrases in there, though!

"Life was far too short for guessing. Even if the wrong guess turned out to be the right."

I'm thinking, if there were to be a TWWHD stage it would be a new version of Pirate Ship, like "Pirate Ship HD" or something. Same basic layout, but new graphics based on TWWHD and new hazards. A relatively simple to make new stage to make, which would help pad stage roster numbers. That, Skyloft, and Temple, I could see that being Zelda's stage representation.

But I think at this point the stage I want to see the absolute most is a new Donkey Kong stage. I don't even care what the hell it is at this point. We're about a month out and we still haven't seen a new Donkey Kong stage. In fact, in terms of new content, Donkey Kong has gotten dick. The only new Donkey Kong feature in the 3DS version is a new song. No new character, no new stage, no new item, and not one single fucking Assist Trophy period, anywhere. The way franchise representation has been handled this go around has been pretty eye-opening, in a negative way, to say the least.

turns out sakurai didn't think there was enough barrel blast content in brawl, so he upped the ante by including a stage based off of it instead of returns

i'm sorry

7b13c0dbb599874d7fda70d8d6a995a5.jpg

Pic of the day. Who said these only had to be about smash bros? Haha. This is a picture of my actual 3DS. Now that I look at it, it seems lacking in comparison to the designs I've seen here at the office. I guess you can say I'm an internally focused person!

Richie

Pic of the day. Who said these only had to be about smash bros? Haha. This is a picture of my actual 3DS. Now that I look at it, it seems lacking in comparison to the designs I've seen here at the office. I guess you can say I'm an internally focused person!

I'd laugh so fucking hard if this happened for real.

As for a Direct, I want to think they'll at least let Bayonetta have the buzz of the upcoming weekend...As much as I want the Smash hype, it'd be cruel to bury poor Bayo under it...

turns out sakurai didn't think there was enough barrel blast content in brawl, so he upped the ante by including a stage based off of it instead of returns

i'm sorry
Hey, something's better than nothing.

I do wish he'd start showing some more stages period, though. The closer we get to release the more I'm worried that the Wii U has a stage roster as horribly disappointing as the 3DS version's. There's only five or so weeks left before release and we're still getting 3DS filler. Not filled with confidence at this point.

That is a very nice DS by the way.

I literally just stared at the screen for like a minute. I was like "it has to be fake" but then I was like "its real!" and then found out it was fake. I applaud this here post!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Speaking of the announcer voice actor, he uploaded a new video saying he'll do a Q&A soon. He said he won't be answering anything about the Wii U version and that he won't be saying character names in the voice, as Nintendo owns the character of the announcer.

Oh, see, I was right!

I remember one of the 4kids Pokemon VAs mentioning this once after they were fired from Pokemon, like they legally couldn't go to a birthday party and do Meowth's voice, even though it was their own voice, because of rules like this.

Mariolee

I had to do a double take haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom