• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Its a new leak time! I dunno if I can post url to 4chan so I'll just post the basics. The 4chan posts goes into some more details but dunno if I can post it and I can't copy and paste the post on my iPad 1 sadly.

-Spainkiller is already dead.
-But there are 4 WiiU launch characters for free. One week later as paid DLC for 3DS. (As a 3DS main I take offence to this.)
-Ridley, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil are bosses. (Obviously fake, Metal Face not getting in would be a bigger wtf than Mario getting cut.)
-The 4 new characters are: Mewtwo who shares a couple more moves with Lucario like counter but is still pretty unique.
-Bandana Dee who can die easily.
-Vaati who uses dark and wind magic. Around the same size as Toon Link.
-Cranky Kong, who is the slowest character in the game. Has 8Bit Barrel side special. Final Smash is Arcade DK. (75M cut?)

I would like both Dee and Vaati, and would gladly pay 200 coins for them, Mewtwo might be cool aswell but I never played him much so I dunno if I'll like his moveset. Most likely wouldn't like Cranky since I hate slow characters but still sounds like a neat addition. It actually might make sense for Mewtwo to be more like Lucario now that I thought about it since "its hard" to import Melee data, so its sorta like a newcomer when it comes to developing it maybe(?)

Do what are your thoughts on this wonderful leak? You basically have no reason to deny it. :) (Now I want Vaati damnit.)

I'm starting to believe that this guy is right.

Are you sure you're not trolling?
Because it seems like you're just seeking attention

Yeah, I would think so now. :p

Should we not count Vaati at all if he has only appeared in handheld games?

Well, he was in Four Swords Adventure too, which is also the only internally produced game he appeared in.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure that for the rest of time, the only reference the Four Swords titles with get in other games are alternate palettes for Link.

edit: oh also that one song in brawl which was basically from wind waker anyways

Richie

That's awesome! Well done!

It shouldn't be too hard to draw me. First, start with a circle. Then draw the rest of me.

Thanks mate! Hahah, won't forget that golden tip.

Its a new leak time! I dunno if I can post url to 4chan so I'll just post the basics. The 4chan posts goes into some more details but dunno if I can post it and I can't copy and paste the post on my iPad 1 sadly.

-But there are 4 WiiU launch characters for free. One week later as paid DLC for 3DS. (As a 3DS main I take offence to this.)
-Ridley, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil are bosses. (Obviously fake, Metal Face not getting in would be a bigger wtf than Mario getting cut.)
-The 4 new characters are: Mewtwo who shares a couple more moves with Lucario like counter but is still pretty unique.
-Cranky Kong, who is the slowest character in the game. Has 8Bit Barrel side special. Final Smash is Arcade DK. (75M cut?)

I would like both Dee and Vaati, and would gladly pay 200 coins for them, Mewtwo might be cool aswell but I never played him much so I dunno if I'll like his moveset. Most likely wouldn't like Cranky since I hate slow characters but still sounds like a neat addition. It actually might make sense for Mewtwo to be more like Lucario now that I thought about it since "its hard" to import Melee data, so its sorta like a newcomer when it comes to developing it maybe(?)

Do what are your thoughts on this wonderful leak? You basically have no reason to deny it. :) (Now I want Vaati damnit.)

I don't give this a second of trust, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't dig kicking ass and taking names with my man Cranky Kong. Doesn't make sense that he'd be slow let alone the slowest though.

random25

Anyone see this comparison of Onett in Brawl and Smash 4?

8a5.gif

I just noticed that the yellow stripe usually below Ness' model moved up to the shirt collar in this version of Smash lol.

Caladrius

Me too. We can still hold out for the Emolga and DKJR one.

Tho I guess a crackpot character would be the Koopa Car which is in. Which is funny since I thought about it and Koopalings every now and then. (Tho I was thinking of the big Koopa Car with all eight in at once haha.)

Pls no Emolga

The KKC was definitely a nice surprise. It still somehow seems weirder than Duck Hunt.

Well, he was in Four Swords Adventure too, which is also the only internally produced game he appeared in.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure that for the rest of time, the only reference the Four Swords titles with get in other games are alternate palettes for Link.

I'm still salty as balls that 4 Swords manga Dark Link will probably never be referenced.

exfatal

Stop that! *gets spray bottle*

Ryce

Speaking of Emolga, why does it have a trophy in the "stage" section? Does it appear in the background of Prism Tower or N's Castle?

look at the potd

it's okay

just let it go

And the POTD basically confirmed him. He was severely shrunken down in the pic, he translates perfectly as a playable character.

I think he's agreeing with Roo.

WiiRev is totally a joke character.

..I'm a joke character? :(

Well if I'm a joke character can I cut myself and replace my slot with Pichu instead. Pichu I like.
While I mostly am joking when it comes to MF/posting leaks, I am mostly serious. I post the leaks just to have more speculation thats all.

You can screenshot the 4chan post.
Yeah okay, but I am on iPad 1 and have no direct upload to anything except my twitter app so if you wanna see the post I took a pic on twitter: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/524732672795738113/photo/1

I don't think I've heard Vaati suggested in years. Like, not since 2007.

What was the last game he was even in? Minish Cap?
Which is why it makes this believable! Noone would suspect Vaati!

Stop that! *gets spray bottle*
i'm playing as Dr. Mario and just used my cape. Sorry.

Kjellson

If Metal Face would be playable (which he won't, because come on) he
wouldn't be in his Mechon, but you would play as Mumkhar, most likely in the outfit he wears when you fight him in Valak Mountain

But he won't be playable, because it's stupid.

So, didn't someone a few days ago talk about how the Wii U version might use as much disc space as possible for content and because of which might be Physical only?

Well I just logged in on Club Nintendo, and they have an Intend to Buy Survey but ONLY for the Physical copy. For Smash 3ds they had separate surveys for both the Downloadable and Physical versions. Same with Hyrule Warriors at the time.

Could be nothing, I guess we'll find out Thursday.

SeanR1221

So, didn't someone a few days ago talk about how the Wii U version might use as much disc space as possible for content and because of which might be Physical only?

Well I just logged in on Club Nintendo, and they have an Intend to Buy Survey but ONLY for the Physical copy. For Smash 3ds they had separate surveys for both the Downloadable and Physical versions. Same with Hyrule Warriors at the time.

Could be nothing, I guess we'll find out Thursday.

The eshop is advertising it gets released at midnight...

jph139

Apologies if already posted or if this doesn't belong here, but project m just released a new video for 3.5.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1auK5xMlwrI

Among ocarina of time alts for Ganondorf and zelda, they are completely remaking the original hyrule castle stage from n64. Looks pretty good to me.

i can't wait until Saffron City is redone

Absolutely beautiful. Always hated the TP look for Zelda (and still sore they're reusing it for Smash 4...), so a full conversion to OoT designs is much appreciated. Looking forward to HD remasters for the rest of the N64 stages, too.

Also, they hid another 47 in there... what does it all mean!?

And the POTD basically confirmed him. He was severely shrunken down in the pic, he translates perfectly as a playable character.

..I'm a joke character? :(

Well if I'm a joke character can I cut myself and replace my slot with Pichu instead. Pichu I like.
While I mostly am joking when it comes to MF/posting leaks, I am mostly serious. I post the leaks just to have more speculation thats all.

Yeah okay, but I am on iPad 1 and have no direct upload to anything except my twitter app so if you wanna see the post I took a pic on twitter: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/524732672795738113/photo/1

Which is why it makes this believable! Noone would suspect Vaati!

i'm playing as Dr. Mario and just used my cape. Sorry.

you're just trolling us at this point aren't you

you're just trolling us at this point aren't you
At this point, I'm going to assume yes.
I will never forget the Little Mac superimposed on Shulk's face proof of the ESRB leak being fake.
I totally believed it was proof against it too, along with the matching renders for Dr. Mario and Wario. Seemed like a slam dunk fake to me.
When the footage came out I went from #TeamFake to #TeamNeutral, because I thought there might still be a chance it was some elaborate fake (mostly because of MASTERLINKX and the disablad crap), and then believed it completely with the matching Shulk render later that week.

JazzmanZ

Vaati pretty much kills it, much as I'd like it, her chances are about as good as King hippo, Human pandora and Mike jones.

Son Of D

Or when footage was shown, people believing it was a Brawl mod and Shulk was a skin of Ike because he punched.

Oh god don't remind me. A friend of mine was absolutely convinced it was a Brawl mod despite the fact that Bowser Jr's screen KO was included. It was hard to listen to him constantly complain about the roster and find anything he can think of to say it's fake.

If Vaati cannot get in Hyrule Warriors of all things, there is no way he is going to be playable in Super Smash Bros, especially as DLC of all things.

So a Nintendo-uploaded video of the Super Smash Club event in Toronto has a remix of the Pokemon D/P Wild Battle Theme I'm not familiar with. I'm guessing we'll see it in the Wii U version?

I never publicly admitted it, but I thought the leak was real the moment I saw the Dr. Mario render. It was too perfect--SSB4 Mario has a distinct face and expression that you don't see in other games that the Dr. Mario was just too close to to be fake (because it was real, obviously). I held out because I wanted it to be fake because of the terrible stage roster (which is still terrible--easily the worst stage roster of any Smash Bros. thus far!), but I knew it in my heart it was real.

what the fuck does that have fucking cho aniki samples (starting at 58s in the nintendo video)

If Koji Hayama returns to arrange again, maybe it's his work? lmao

I never publicly admitted it, but I thought the leak was real the moment I saw the Dr. Mario render. It was too perfect--SSB4 Mario has a distinct face and expression that you don't see in other games that the Dr. Mario was just too close to to be fake (because it was real, obviously). I held out because I wanted it to be fake because of the terrible stage roster (which is still terrible--easily the worst stage roster of any Smash Bros. thus far!), but I knew it in my heart it was real.

Didn't people try to dismiss that Dr. Mario render because it looked similar to a fan-render or something? Granted, just about every unrevealed character in that screen underwent intense scrutiny, but in retrospect that was nearly as lulzy as the "zomg shulk is just little mac's render!!"

I remember a few people swearing up and down the doc render was fake because he didn't have his pills in his hands and because doc was supposed to look welcoming and friendly because he is from a puzzle game.

The notion that maybe he's in a fighting game and could look angry and quite possibly his pills were in his not visible hand were ignored.

Golnei

what the fuck does that have fucking cho aniki samples (starting at 58s in the nintendo video)

Evidently, this means Nintendo has funded a continuation of the series as a UDS launch title, complete with Ike, Little Mac and Captain Falcon cameos.

If Vaati cannot get in Hyrule Warriors of all things, there is no way he is going to be playable in Super Smash Bros, especially as DLC of all things.

Well, Toon Link isn't in Hyrule Warriors either - they chose a very limited selection of games to pull characters from. Though I agree Vaati is basically the Geno of Zelda, as far as Smash chances go. Did he even have a sticker in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom