• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

MIsForMoney_1602.png

RomanceDawn

Wow! More videos to come! I guess these videos will be viewable in the Wii U version! I can't wait!

Only thing is with this there probably won't be a peep about DLC.

I don't see either Dark Pit or Lucina getting cut. You could have a well-trained intern throw them in an under a day as long as you had the art assets made.
Yeah, I'm scratching my head at anyone saying either will be cut. One is Salurai bias, while the other is a very popular character who is a clone, so it takes much less effort.

I don't think Dr. Mario will be cut either. I'm really having a hard time seeing anyone get cut. All the cuts for the most part aside from Mewtwo just seems like extra fluff to me and while that doesn't mean they would get cut, that means they will be the lowest on a priority list and if they can't get to them after a deadline then they get cut. I think atleast Lucina wouldn't be in the lowest 3 on a supposed Smash 5 priority list due to popularity alone.

Robin may get replaced with a new custom tactician with the same moveset most likely, which wouldn't really be a cut, or maybe they just plain keep Robin lol. I don't think Ike will go anywhere but could see him being on the lower of a list. Obviously Marth won't get cut.

Its pure speculation, but I think we can maybe (probably not) look at the order the veterans were revealed to get an idea of what the priority order is. Most likely not but maybe something to look at. Not counting some characters like Toon Link that was promoting a game. Tho I think Toon Link has to be kinda high up there considering how early his reveal was. Maybe. I dunno.

Obviously, characters with a unique moveset will be high priority and most likely won't get cut. Most certainly no retro reps like Ness, G&W, ROB, and DH will get cut. IC returns.

I'm really having trouble thinking of any cuts besides unannounced DLC. Mayne if a new franchise starts failing miseribly they may be low priority and get cut due to deadlines, i think someone like Wii Fit Trainer could fit into this due to casual games on Nintedo systems, especially WiiU selling less and less. But even then, its just hard seeing any characters getting cut, the roster has hit an all time high.

TLDR: I don't think there will be any cuts.

Neo Dark

zlCfzSkiW58NrmrKC2

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

When I saw this... I was so sure you were trolling us. Can't believe this is an actual POTD and where was this reveal video that I missed out on

Masked Man

I said wow
zlCfzSkiW58NrmrKC2

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG <3

I was literally JUST thinking about what DHD's trailer might be like, and this is EXACTLY how I envisioned it! GIVE IT TO ME NOWWWWWWW!

Roo

zlCfzSkiW58NrmrKC2

Duck Hunt getting reveal trailer! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! More videos to come! I guess these videos will be viewable in the Wii U version! I can't wait!

Only thing is with this there probably won't be a peep about DLC.

This is what has me most excited. This confirms what many people thought and which Sakurai sort of stated that the reveal trailers would be in the game.

Makes sense as they have 25 GB to work with. Plenty of room.

AdanVC

Duck Hunt Dog getting reveal trailer yes!!!! Smash Bros is probably the only game where we actually get excited for CG trailers, haha. They are awesome! Looking forward to see it this thursday!

Woah! I'm actually shocked that the secret characters will get a trailer! Seems pointless, but I love the Smash trailers and will rewatch this like crazy like all the others.

You know what this means right? DH/Koopalings trailer mixed in with DLC trailer! Surely Sakurai wouldn't just have a direct with some old characters like DH/Koopalings, right? We need new characters already. Its been forever since the last new character!
I know, talking about Smash WiiU exclusives, but nothing really hypes me except character reveals lol.

PKGaming

Banned
Damn, imagine if we didn't already know about Duck Hunt. This POTD would've made people go crazy. I wonder who'd actually predict the Duck Hunt Dog correctly.

Woah! I'm actually shocked that the secret characters will get a trailer! Seems pointless, but I love the Smash trailers and will rewatch this like crazy like all the others.

You know what this means right? DH/Koopalings trailer mixed in with DLC trailer! Surely Sakurai wouldn't just have a direct with some old characters like DH/Koopalings, right? We need new characters already. Its been forever since the last new character!
I know, talking about Smash WiiU exclusives, but nothing really hypes me except character reveals lol.

Lemme guess, you're holding out for Metal Face's newcomer trailer?

Zalman

Damn, imagine if we didn't already know about Duck Hunt. This POTD would've made people go crazy. I wonder who'd actually predict the Duck Hunt Dog correctly.
Both Bowser Jr. and the Duck Hunt Duo were rather unexpected. Obviously they had been discussed - every character has - but I don't think anyone actually "predicted" them.

Richie

The Zapper being prominent would have made things more obvious I think, but I'd have still gotten my mind blown. "That'd make a lot of sense for DHD, but NO WAY Sakurai would...."

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Haha, still getting full fledged unveil trailers for secret characters even though the 3DS version has been out for a week/few weeks, amazing. I can't wait!

Imagine if another, Wii U-exclusive character just jumped in out of nowhere during the DHD/Bowser Jr. trailer...!

Zalman

Haha, still getting full fledged unveil trailers for secret characters even though the 3DS version has been out for a week/few weeks, amazing. I can't wait!

Imagine if another, Wii U-exclusive character just jumped in out of nowhere during the DHD/Bowser Jr. trailer...!
Watch them put the Ice Climbers in the game without saying anything and then some random guy unlocks them and the internet goes wild.

I dont actually believe this will happen, but it would be amazing.

Both Bowser Jr. and the Duck Hunt Duo were rather unexpected. Obviously they had been discussed - every character has - but I don't think anyone actually "predicted" them.

Ever since Brawl, I've always said that if we got a Mario newcomer, it'd be Bowser Jr. or Rosalina. Well... Guess I was right. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's interesting is that DHD is being teased before Bowser Jr. You'd think the former would be seen as the final surprise character. Then again I'm sure Sakurai is aware people are aware of the final roster. He's just being cautious incase Miiverse Admins delete his post for posting spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom