• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ec0ec0

I am not going to have all custom moves before the nintendo smash wiiu direct starts, i am weak. Only 213 (not repeated ;P) custom moves at the moment. Disappointed :(

Can't believe the Smash Wii U Direct is less than 24 hours away. I'm not sure my body is ready.

My body is ready. IN MAH VEINS NAO

Wii U Wily Castle is awesome looking so no. :p

I'm also a big Megaman fan.

As a fellow hardcore Mega Man fan, I gotta say I'm really disappointed in Wily Castle as the Mega Man stage. I feel like they could have dug a little deeper into the series to come up with something that's more than just a main platform with a few smaller, floating platforms (sometimes) with the Mega Man 2 version of Wily Castle in the background. I dunno, it just feels kind of like a generic stage with a Mega Man skin to me. Nothing that affects the gameplay besides the Yellow Devil really makes it feel like it comes from Mega Man, and the Yellow Devil just happens to be one of the worst stage hazards in the game. :(

I don't know, Wily Castle just feels like a hugely missed opportunity to me. I feel like Dr. Light's laboratory would have been a good one, with Green Hill Zone-esque cameos in the background: Dr. Light and Roll tinkering with a robot, Auto running around and falling over, Eddie and Tango watching the fight...

Oh well.

georly

Lol: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/five-reasons-smash-bros-on-the-wii-u-will-be-the-r/1100-6423074/

One of the 5 reasons smash U will be the real deal is this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

lolololol gratz spainkiller.

Can't believe the Smash Wii U Direct is less than 24 hours away. I'm not sure my body is ready.

My body is ready. IN MAH VEINS NAO

In some ways, tomorrow's smash direct is more hype than the april one, because we know it has potential to completely blow us out of the water and show us things we never expected.

On the other hand, it also has the biggest potential to disappoint, because if it DOESN'T blow us out of the water everyone will flip out. We're building ourselves up too much.

I'll be at work 1-10pm tomorrow, thankfully I can take my hour lunch whenever I want so at 5:50 I'll be going to lunch, heading to the nearby Burger King, hit up the wifi and watch the direct there.

georly

When don't we hype ourselves up too much?

I think that if the april one had shown even less, we would have still flipped out because we were coming off next to no knowledge of the game. This time, however, we know the 3DS one inside and out, and we're all secretly hoping the Wii U fixes that ONE (or more than one) thing that was missing for 3DS, whatever we felt it was missing the most (a cut veteran, a cut mode, some new crazy thing), so we're ESPECIALLY setting ourselves up for disappointment because if that one last thing we wanted isn't announced, we'll melt down.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to write that article after the Direct so you'd have more substantial points like gameplay modes and features to list? Stuff like the game looking prettier and access to regular controllers is already a given.

GAMESPOT KNOWS SPAINKILLER IS TRUE AND PURE

Wouldn't it have made more sense to write that article after the Direct so you'd have more substantial points like gameplay modes and features to list? Stuff like the game looking prettier and access to regular controllers is already a given.

GAMESPOT KNOWS SPAINKILLER IS TRUE AND PURE

Gaming websites making fluff pieces?

Someone send this to a gaming website to report for more content!

The whole internet's energy is currently fueling Spainkiller's Spirit Bomb.

Let's hope this one is not a dud.

Asking Spainkiller here: what happens if that ends up being a dud?

I just thought I'd mention he never actually said any of those character were playable. Very likely Chorus Kids were cut very late. We know Ice Climbers had working models, and Chorus Kids may have as well. Ridley is probably a boss. Dixie and Mewtwo I don't know really.

I just thought I'd mention he never actually said any of those character were playable. Very likely Chorus Kids were cut very late. We know Ice Climbers had working models, and Chorus Kids may have as well. Ridley is probably a boss. Dixie and Mewtwo I don't know really.

On the 3DS version? That's where his friends saw the models.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Oh, I didn't know that Ridley is a boss in 3DS version. Spainkiller clarified that his source saw those 4 characters having moving models on 3DS version. Not Wii U.

Kjellson

In less than 24 hours we will finally see how the Ridley boss looks like! I can't believe Sakurai teased that over a year ago and we STILL haven't seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom