• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for posting link to my twitter, but really no other way to do this on a iPad 1: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/525104777420886017/photo/1

Its supposedly a leaked picture of Lucas on the 3DS CSS. I'm not good at telling if a pic is fake, so go to work #DetectiveSmashGAF I believe it was found on one of the chan sites.

It kinda looks real to me, but someone will most likely debunk it fast.
I feel like that wouldn't be hard to make, but it doesn't look fake to me. I could see that being an actual CSS spot. But, again, that small of a picture wouldn't be too hard to make.

Oh, I didn't know that Ridley is a boss in 3DS version. Spainkiller clarified that his source saw those 4 characters having moving models on 3DS version. Not Wii U.

Save the snark. You know as well as I do the boss data for Ridley is on the 3DS cart and we have no idea if Pyrosphere was planned for the 3DS and dropped late. Given that Metroid didn't get a new level and Ridley lacks a trophy, it seems possible this was the case.

Drago

Unless he's fighting Kid Buu the spirit bomb is always a terrible idea

Not counting the movies?

Save the snark. You know as well as I do the boss data for Ridley is on the 3DS cart and we have no idea if Pyrosphere was planned for the 3DS and dropped late. Given that Metroid didn't get a new level and Ridley lacks a trophy, it seems possible this was the case.

LOL, you are way to pessimistic.

Sorry for posting link to my twitter, but really no other way to do this on a iPad 1: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/525104777420886017/photo/1

Its supposedly a leaked picture of Lucas on the 3DS CSS. I'm not good at telling if a pic is fake, so go to work #DetectiveSmashGAF I believe it was found on one of the chan sites.

It kinda looks real to me, but someone will most likely debunk it fast.

That looks...off.

LOL, you are way to pessimistic.

It just doesn't seem Sakurai like to make Ridley playable as a character. I can see Sakurai's point of view that Ridley is probably best represented as a boss and I kind of wonder if Ridley being playable would be like Chrom and he'd just feel obligated to do it versus actually inspired to make Ridley a character.

I tend to not be pessimistic, but I just don't have a gut feeling about Ridley. I'd love to have him be playable, but I can see the reasoning why he isn't.

It just doesn't seem Sakurai like to make Ridley playable as a character. I can see Sakurai's point of view that Ridley is probably best represented as a boss and I kind of wonder if Ridley being playable would be like Chrom and he'd just feel obligated to do it versus actually inspired to make Ridley a character.

I tend to not be pessimistic, but I just don't have a gut feeling about Ridley. I'd love to have him be playable, but I can see the reasoning why he isn't.

Yeah, too be honest, I'm starting to care about Ridley less, and less.

Not as a playable canidate, but as a character in general.

Maybe he is fit to be a boss, but at this point, I only want him in due to how unique he may be.

truth hurts?

Did it sound like I was in pain?

Clever idea. Looks like the person who made it is just now getting into animation, though. If his/her animation/recording improves over time, he/she might be able to crank out some good stuff in the future.
Yeah, he did rush some parts. His style is more about humor than crispness. My favorite is Sonic Free Riders animation. Thought I would share since he did upload it today.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

JazzmanZ

You should probably not think you know what sakurai is thinking, because he is the definition of wild card.

Hatchtag

Banned
You should probably not think you know what sakurai is thinking, because he is the definition of wild card.

Sakurai, it's been a year, why can't I stop the Ridley hype train?
dVLyHwO.gif

Smash 3ds is the first smash bros ever to have no reference to Ridley at all.

Which is suspicious. Something is either coming or got cut imo.
There are only two Metroid trophies in the 3DS version that aren't Classic/All-Star trophies, Assist trophies, or Smash Run enemies, and they're just two extra Samus trophies from Other M detailing the Varia Suit and Gravity Suit.

Ridley's probably a stage boss in the Wii U version. He's probably an exclusive Wii U trophy for that reason alongside Metal Face. Wii U exclusive content trophies on the Wii U version, 3DS exclusive content trophies on the 3DS version. I don't think there's any further reason than that.

And Ridley's not the only thing that's missing in Smash 3DS that was in every previous Smash. There's a couple of stage songs that are missing entirely (like Gourmet Race), and the Fan is gone.

Veeboy

And Ridley's not the only thing that's missing in Smash 3DS that was in every previous Smash. There's a couple of stage songs that are missing entirely (like Gourmet Race), and the Fan is gone.

So what you're saying is that we're getting not one, but two entirely new characters revealed tomorrow?!

RIDLEY flies in!

FAN blows away the competition!

So you admit it.

9c8.jpg
Haha. You didn't post that pic at first and I was confused.

But yes? I believe I have admitted that before. Unless its a render I know of, or something really bad quality like that Nester April Fools, then I have a hard time telling how real it looks. Except for Duck Hunt ESRB render. I Knew that was real.

I am surprised the pic hasn't been 100% debinked yet aside from "hair looks like Brawl". Hype for 3DS/WiiU DLC by WiiU launch rising!
I'd laugh my ass off if not only this pic was real, but the DLC that the ESRB leaker said was fake was also real and arrived on both systems at WiiU launch.

Edit: Wait, was there anything that actually disproved that old Stork leak?! :O

Nesther

I'm really anxious to find out if they'll fix the network issues. Supposedly the 3DS version suffers from the same MK8 "018-0516" error codes that seem to not be fixable.

Otherwise this'll just be a couch MP game for me.

In some ways, tomorrow's smash direct is more hype than the april one, because we know it has potential to completely blow us out of the water and show us things we never expected.

On the other hand, it also has the biggest potential to disappoint, because if it DOESN'T blow us out of the water everyone will flip out. We're building ourselves up too much.

I agree that tomorrow has the potential to be either massively amazing or hugely disappointing, but didn't the April Smash Direct have even more potential to show us things we never expected? Back then we didn't know anything - the release dates, the interfaces/character select screens, additional modes, more of the newcomers, music, Trophy Shop, etc. Hopefully tomorrow's Direct can out-hype that, but we generally are going in knowing a lot more tomorrow than with the April Direct, so it's gonna be tough.

The whole internet's energy is currently fueling Spainkiller's Spirit Bomb.

Let's hope this one is not a dud.

Whether Spainkiller's source is legit or not, I don't think we're going to definitively know tomorrow either way. A lot of people seem to be expecting new character reveals tomorrow, but I don't see it happening. They still have a month of PotDs and news to fill, and we're just now (presumably) getting Duck Hunt's trailer. They still have to get around to Bowser Jr.'s trailer (next week? Two weeks?), and only then does it seem like completely new character reveals will become a possibility.

Basically, if ya'll are expecting one or all of Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Kids, and Impa tomorrow, I think there's going to be a lot of crushing disappointment in this thread. It just doesn't seem like it's time for new character reveals, especially considering Sakurai hasn't "officially" revealed Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. yet.

Also, I just have a hunch that Spainkiller's source is legit. It doesn't feel like he's lying. That said, all we know he saw is "moving models" for those characters on the 3DS. That could just as likely (maybe even likelier) mean they were planned characters that were scrapped mid-development. Just because he saw moving models of them in no way means they're definitely additional Wii U or DLC characters.

Would love to be wrong about any and all of this, though!

Also, I just have a hunch that Spainkiller's source is legit. It doesn't feel like he's lying. That said, all we know he saw is "moving models" for those characters on the 3DS. That could just as likely (maybe even likelier) mean they were planned characters that were scrapped mid-development. Just because he saw moving models of them in no way means they're definitely additional Wii U or DLC characters.

LOL, just the thought of poor Mewtwo being scrapped in development again, is funny, but depressing.

georly

What if... what if they announce dlc tomorrow... and we can also... download it tomorrow?

What if we get newcomers/veterans tomorrow? o_O

Caladrius

Whether Spainkiller's source is legit or not, I don't think we're going to definitively know tomorrow either way. A lot of people seem to be expecting new character reveals tomorrow, but I don't see it happening. They still have a month of PotDs and news to fill, and we're just now (presumably) getting Duck Hunt's trailer. They still have to get around to Bowser Jr.'s trailer (next week? Two weeks?), and only then does it seem like completely new character reveals will become a possibility.

Basically, if ya'll are expecting one or all of Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Kids, and Impa tomorrow, I think there's going to be a lot of crushing disappointment in this thread. It just doesn't seem like it's time for new character reveals, especially considering Sakurai hasn't "officially" revealed Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. yet.

What's it called to be preemptively disappointed in something because you know what you want isn't what will happen?

To be honest, i'd just be happy to know more about this boardgame mode at this point :p

Minigame Stadium was my favourite thing in all of Mario Party, so if they did something like that but just replaced the minigames with special brawls I and several of my friends would probably be more than entertained :3

Tomorrow is when Spainkillers leak will be proven real or fake.

How is that even remotely true? Are you really saying that if all of Spainkiller's characters aren't announced tomorrow, the whole thing is confirmed 100% fake and that's it?

It doesn't even make sense for those characters to be announced tomorrow, not really. If they're DLC, we could very well not know about them until months from now. Look how long a gap there was between Mario Kart 8's release and the announcement of the two DLC packs, after all.

EDIT: Beaten by BassForever. My avatar is Mega Man, yours is Bass.EXE... seems a fitting rivalry. :3

Caladrius

What is this spainkiller leak you people are taking about

Claims that Dixie Kong, Ridley, the Chorus Kids and Mewtwo were seen fully animated at some point in development.

Cautious? Realistic?

That works, I suppose

I avoid using "realistic" because Nintendo sometimes does insane things that no one in their right mind would expect.

Did anybody seriously see them doing crossovers for Mario Kart 8 DLC, for instance?

Mik317

Spainkiller is safe regardless IMO.

It is very possible that his guy saw the models in action but then they were simply scrapped.

That works, I suppose

I avoid using "realistic" because Nintendo sometimes does insane things that no one in their right mind would expect.

Did anybody seriously see them doing crossovers for Mario Kart 8 DLC, for instance?

True, they do drop those megaton bombs on us once in awhile. Mario Kart 8 DLC crossover, the existence of Hyrule Warriors just in general, Mega Man in Smash at the end of the E3 Direct... it is possible that we'll have all of our wildest additional character dreams fulfilled tomorrow. I just don't think it's particularly likely, but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion.

There is no way it can be proven fake tomorrow, if those characters were cut and pushed back for dlc after both WiiU and 3DS versions were finished we'll have to wait a few months for whenever we get actual dlc info.

The reason I say this is because if they are revealing the Wii U exclusive features tomorrow like Boss battle or whatever mode was leaked, we might see Ridley or not.

Ridley was part of Spainkillers leak therefore if he is shown as a boss, he aint playable. Besides, if there are any character trailers, it's going to be DHD despite everyone knowing the character is in the game.

The reason I say this is because if they are revealing the Wii U exclusive features tomorrow like Boss battle or whatever mode was leaked, we might see Ridley or not.

Ridley was part of Spainkillers leak therefore if he is shown as a boss, he aint playable. Besides, if there are any character trailers, it's going to be DHD despite everyone knowing the character is in the game.

Just because Ridley is a boss doesn't mean he also couldn't have been planned to be playable at one point... nor does it remove the possibility of him being DLC with the simple "metal ridley replaces ridley" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom