• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Event matches are more likely to happens but not Break The Target. Apparently Break the Target is more likely to be replaced by Target Blast. I just went with what modes that got announced by announcers that founded in 3DS version.

I don't expect any dlc characters or extra characters to be announced too.

THIS WOULD BE TERRIBLE

lolpho

B0l9jAnCQAAHSG1.jpg

I'm not expecting any new characters to be unleashed in this shenanigan, but I do look forward to the inevitable stage reveals! In fact...

Smash_WiiU_stagesnew_zps97267047.png

I'd like to repost this stage roster of mine and predict that at least ONE of these new stages will appear in the Direct! Surely, I should at least get one of these right...

Neiteio

I'm not expecting any new characters to be unleashed in this shenanigan, but I do look forward to the inevitable stage reveals! In fact...

I'd like to repost this stage roster of mine and predict that at least ONE of these new stages will appear in the Direct! Surely, I should at least get one of these right...
Is that a Labyrinth of Deceit stage in there? :-O

Is that a Labyrinth of Deceit stage in there? :-O

I find it very suspicious that both Pandora and her Amazon form didn't appear in the 3DS game AT ALL (not even as trophies, when just about every other Uprising character received one). This leads me to believe that she'll be getting her own Wii U exclusive appearance/stage. Plus, she's one of the best characters in Uprising!

Why do you think Find Mii would be in the Wii U version? I would think, of all the 3DS stages, that the one based on a game built into the 3DS's hardware would be 3DS exclusive.

Neiteio

I find it very suspicious that both Pandora and her Amazon form didn't appear in the 3DS game AT ALL (not even as trophies, when just about every other Uprising character received one). This leads me to believe that she'll be getting her own Wii U exclusive appearance/stage. Plus, she's one of the best characters in Uprising!
Hey, you don't have to convince me it'd be a good idea. That whole chapter was amazing! Also makes sense as the place of origin for Dark Pit.

Pandora DLC confirmed!

:p

Why do you think Find Mii would be in the Wii U version? I would think, of all the 3DS stages, that the one based on a game built into the 3DS's hardware would be 3DS exclusive.

It seems like the Wii U version is going to have a bigger focus on Boss Battles, going by the announcer leaks and Sakurai's supposed interest in stage bosses. Makes me think they'd want to bring the Dark Emperor to join Ridley, Yellow Devil, Metal Face, Pandora, and Wham Bam Rock as stage bosses. Plus, it's my favorite 3DS stage!

Yoshi88

I just want one of the hopefully many trailers of the Direct to start with a black screen, then a little fanfare and someone screaming "Team....unite up!". So much shivers ^_^

Wonder Red fits the Smash Bros. theme (and Sakurais criteria) so perfectly, he would be my number one choice to be the first DLC character.

Neiteio

Indeed, and defeating her could cause the Mirror of Truth to produce a dark clone of the your character to fight by your side temporarily, only to have it turn against you.
Whoa, that's a great idea. It'd be a bit weird for Dark Pit to get his own clone, but all in all I think that's a really cool concept.

Masked Man

I said wow
Sorry for posting link to my twitter, but really no other way to do this on a iPad 1: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/525104777420886017/photo/1

Its supposedly a leaked picture of Lucas on the 3DS CSS. I'm not good at telling if a pic is fake, so go to work #DetectiveSmashGAF I believe it was found on one of the chan sites.

It kinda looks real to me, but someone will most likely debunk it fast.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. Where did you find this?

If this truly were the stage roster, Forbidden Fortress, Labyrinth of Deceit, and Magicant HD alone would make it GOTF. <3

Neiteio

Why thank you, good sir! You're certainly a notable person on here as well, and your written thoughts on Nintendo game design are always a pleasure to read.
Thanks. :) Also, wanted to say that since I didn't play Kirby Super Star, I didn't know who Wham Bam Rock was when you mentioned him, but I looked him up, and yeah, he definitely looks like boss material for the Great Cave Offensive stage. I think that'd be cool. :-O

Blizzard

Banned
I WANT TO BELIEVE. Where did you find this?

If this truly were the stage roster, Forbidden Fortress, Labyrinth of Deceit, and Magicant HD alone would make it GOTF. <3
To be truly GOTF, it would be nice to have a way to play Magicant HD without the Flying Man. :mad:

I suppose omega mode will have to do.

Sorry for posting link to my twitter, but really no other way to do this on a iPad 1: http://twitter.com/AbbyVampire/status/525104777420886017/photo/1

Its supposedly a leaked picture of Lucas on the 3DS CSS. I'm not good at telling if a pic is fake, so go to work #DetectiveSmashGAF I believe it was found on one of the chan sites.

It kinda looks real to me, but someone will most likely debunk it fast.

My guess is that someone took Ness's face from this screenshot and attached it to Lucas's hair from his Brawl model. Lucas also has blue irises, which this model doesn't have.

Wrong Yoshi's Island stage.

30T4xjX.png

Fandangox

I just want one of the hopefully many trailers of the Direct to start with a black screen, then a little fanfare and someone screaming "Team....unite up!". So much shivers ^_^

Wonder Red fits the Smash Bros. theme (and Sakurais criteria) so perfectly, he would be my number one choice to be the first DLC character.

Its all I want :c

Thanks. :) Also, wanted to say that since I didn't play Kirby Super Star, I didn't know who Wham Bam Rock was when you mentioned him, but I looked him up, and yeah, he definitely looks like boss material for the Great Cave Offensive stage. I think that'd be cool. :-O

Yeah, he could be a pseudo clone of Master Hand that smashes people.

omg

what have you been doing with your life

go play it

go play both versions

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, he could be a pseudo clone of Master Hand that smashes people.

Pretty sure Wham Bam Rock was one of the first "Giant Hand" bosses of all-time, he probably inspired Master Hand...

I guess they'll use his new Kirby Super Star Ultra design since the original design was basically black-face.

Zubz

Banned

Figured I'd try my hand at this "Nintendo Direct Bingo" deal. To explain a bit better (I couldn't get text to look good on here)...

Row 1: Any of these characters (Ridley, Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Metal Face) are mentioned. Not only if they're playable, not only if they're stage bosses, not only as a "Sorry we cut them; please understand" moment, but so long as they're mentioned at all.

Row 2: 3rd Party Trophies, Duck Hunt Dog Reveal Trailer, Wrecking Crew stage, explanation on Master Orders/Crazy Orders, and the same rule for Row 1 applied to the Chorus Kids.

Row 3: We're given an end date for Sakurai's Posts of the Day, Temple Returns, DLC explained, and Trophy Quiz returning from the first direct.

Row 4: Boss Battles shown, Great Cave Offensive stage, 8-Player Smash revealed, Board Game mode revealed, Isaac mentioned in any way.

Row 5: Sakurai hosts, Bayonetta 2's acknowledged in any way (It does come out today...), Wuhu Island stage, Bowser Jr./Koopalings Reveal Trailer, Spotlight on My Music.

My guess for the PotD is that we're getting something minimal telling us to stay tuned for the Direct. Also, I apologize, but please excuse my MS Paint skills. Of which I have none.

Pretty sure Wham Bam Rock was one of the first "Giant Hand" bosses of all-time, he probably inspired Master Hand...

I guess they'll use his new Kirby Super Star Ultra design since the original design was basically black-face.

Yes, and even if they don't go with Wham Bam, any one of the Great Cave Offensive bosses could work. Computer Virus in particular would be really weird yet cool!

hqdefault.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly, if anything from Great Cave Offensive I'd love to see the RPG Simulator Boss.

Zubz

Banned
Yes, and even if they don't go with Wham Bam, any one of the Great Cave Offensive bosses could work. Computer Virus in particular would be really weird yet cool!

hqdefault.jpg

Oh yes, please! Even with Fatty Whale as an option, this was still the best GCO boss! Like, Fatty'd trump in most other "boss" competitions, but the Computer Virus was just such a weird idea for a Kirby boss that I couldn't help but be endeared by it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom