• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

zlCfzSkuYIogfRY20G

tournament mode?

Shockhog

Neo Member
English version!

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

munchie64

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
Better crowd than Forza. I want to see the titles for everyone!

Also awesome he mentions Sydney time!

Kangi

Ooh, I wanna see the titles for all the characters!

I wonder what Ness's is?

Judging by the ROM dump, I'd guess he's called "The PSI-Powered Youth". ROM dump listed a little title for each of the characters as you unlock them, and I don't think it shows in the 3DS version.

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Alright, SmashGAF, it's time to come up with titles for our characters!

The Blue Blur! Sonic!

Golnei

This must be a hint that either Dixie Kong or Ridley will be announced tomorrow!

It might also mean the Direct is an hour \ 63 minutes long.

images

those say: "king of the jungle" (or something close) and "??? bounty hunter." Yeah... that's all I got.

The Eternally Expanding King of Cling and The Dead and Buried Cripplingly Submissive Bounty Hunter. Did this turn into Persona 4 Arena while I wasn't looking?

Oh, I love stuff like this! A dull pic of the day for some perhaps, but I'm really looking forward to finding out what everyone's titles are.

I wonder if Mega Man's and Sonic's will be the Blue Blur and Blue Bomber, respectively.

Sonic's should be "Sanic with an O."

solomon

Booring, damn sakurai failing to start the hype train. I just realized the direct is 50 "must see things" up until now I thought it was "50 new things" oh boy I'm a little worried now. Watch us end up with mostly item, menu and trophy talk.

Richie

Will Diddy's nickname be Prince of the Jungle? Hahaha, maaaan, I adore little touches like this, Sakurai and staff really went all out with detail.

I wonder if this will extend to alts. One for each Koopaling? Yes please!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Judging by the ROM dump, I'd guess he's called "The PSI-Powered Youth". ROM dump listed a little title for each of the characters as you unlock them, and I don't think it shows in the 3DS version.

Do you have a list of these?

Hello.

Banned
They do show in the "Milestones" part of the Records in the Vault.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
- Hero of Time: Link
Problem with this is that title represents a specific Link whereas Smash Link is meant to be general Link and his design is closest to TP Link. Maybe something like "The Courageous Hero" since Courage is something that ties all the Links together.

Kangi

They do show in the "Milestones" part of the Records in the Vault.
Ah, that makes sense.

Do you have a list of these?

Code:
Ness, the PSI-powered youth, has joined the battle!
Falco, Fox's brash wingman, has joined the battle!
Wario, the greedy microgame maker, has joined the battle!
Lucina, hero from a doomed future, has joined the battle!
Dark Pit, the flawed clone of Pit, has joined the battle!
Dr. Mario, MD in hand, has joined the battle!
R.O.B., the robot with the scorching beam, has joined the battle!
Ganondorf, the resurrected king of evil, has joined the battle!
Mr. Game & Watch, the 2D warrior of old, has joined the battle!
Bowser Jr., the Koopa king's ornery offspring, has joined the battle!
Duck Hunt, the old-school hunting crew, has joined the battle!
Jigglypuff, the Balloon Pokémon, has joined the battle!

Golnei

Problem with this is that title represents a specific Link whereas Smash Link is meant to be general Link and his design is closest to TP Link. Maybe something like "The Courageous Hero" since Courage is something that ties all the Links together.

Knight of Courage or something like it could work well. Toon Link should be okay to use "Hero of Winds", though, seeing as he doesn't refer to Spirit Tracks at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom