• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
I wonder whos that censored fighter in last night POTD.

Bayonetta, clearly.

Also, sorry to ask, and I think I get what your avatar is (Gravity Falls character from an in-verse dating sim, right?), but why have you been changing it, like, every other day?

Loco4Coco

Bayonetta, clearly.

Also, sorry to ask, and I think I get what your avatar is (Gravity Falls character from an in-verse dating sim, right?), but why have you been changing it, like, every other day?

I change it every wednesday, it'll probably stop next week if my OCD allows it.

All this Kirby Super star talk....<3

Seriously though, its still hands down my favorite kirby game( that ive played ), both version. Go play it!

Figured I'd try my hand at this "Nintendo Direct Bingo" deal. To explain a bit better (I couldn't get text to look good on here)...

Row 1: Any of these characters (Ridley, Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Metal Face) are mentioned. Not only if they're playable, not only if they're stage bosses, not only as a "Sorry we cut them; please understand" moment, but so long as they're mentioned at all.

Row 2: 3rd Party Trophies, Duck Hunt Dog Reveal Trailer, Wrecking Crew stage, explanation on Master Orders/Crazy Orders, and the same rule for Row 1 applied to the Chorus Kids.

Row 3: We're given an end date for Sakurai's Posts of the Day, Temple Returns, DLC explained, and Trophy Quiz returning from the first direct.

Row 4: Boss Battles shown, Great Cave Offensive stage, 8-Player Smash revealed, Board Game mode revealed, Isaac mentioned in any way.

Row 5: Sakurai hosts, Bayonetta 2's acknowledged in any way (It does come out today...), Wuhu Island stage, Bowser Jr./Koopalings Reveal Trailer, Spotlight on My Music.

My guess for the PotD is that we're getting something minimal telling us to stay tuned for the Direct. Also, I apologize, but please excuse my MS Paint skills. Of which I have none.

There will be a direct today?

Thanks. :) Also, wanted to say that since I didn't play Kirby Super Star

Stopped reading there. Oh my god, what? Go play it right now. Play it and love it for the masterpiece it is.

Sakurai forgives all of His children, even those who commit atrocities like this. Don't worry... your soul can still be saved.

Neiteio

Stopped reading there. Oh my god, what? Go play it right now. Play it and love it for the masterpiece it is.

Sakurai forgives all of His children, even those who commit atrocities like this. Don't worry... your soul can still be saved.
Morgan Freeman narrator: "...and in a shocking twist, it turned out Neiteio was Sakurai, who didn't bother to play the game he directed. The atmosphere then killed the aliens who had come from underground, and peace returned... for now."

Morgan Freeman narrator: "...and in a shocking twist, it turned out Neiteio was Sakurai, who didn't bother to play the game he directed. The atmosphere then killed the aliens who had come from underground, and peace returned... for now."
...for real, though, it's really damn good.

Zubz

Banned
They're a fantastic AT forced to act as an awful stage hazard.

That's basically the way I see it. Magicant really looks beautiful, but unless it's in Omega Mode, I try to avoid it specifically because of them, even if the stage's neutral layout is fine in my opinion, and it makes me miss other cameos like the Dungeon Man or the Mobile Sprout (I was so surprised to see them, but I'm welcoming them with open arms!), but I just can't handle them Flying Men, man. Weirdest thing is? My friends who are super against items and stages with cheap factors to them (This includes Final Destination due to the "lip"), Magicant's like their favorite stage in series history because of the Flying Men. They see it as a strategy element, or something, rather than obnoxious 5th Players who serve the person lucky enough to have accidentally hit one.

=Masked Man;135527671]I WANT TO BELIEVE. Where did you find this?
Like I said, on one of the chan sites. I think it was 8Chan. Someone on Smash Boards just posted the pic and said it was from 8chan so I dunno.

My guess is that someone took Ness's face from this screenshot and attached it to Lucas's hair from his Brawl model. Lucas also has blue irises, which this model doesn't have.
I dunno about eyes, but if you say they are a different color I believe you. :) That points to fake, but then again everyone was calling ESRB leak fake due to Ness's stripes.

Also, I looked at the pic again and Lucas isn't pointing a finger like Ness, he's holding his fist in a punching position. So its not a direct copy of the Ness pic. :O #TeamReal

Neiteio

That's basically the way I see it. Magicant really looks beautiful, but unless it's in Omega Mode, I try to avoid it specifically because of them, even if the stage's neutral layout is fine in my opinion, and it makes me miss other cameos like the Dungeon Man or the Mobile Sprout (I was so surprised to see them, but I'm welcoming them with open arms!), but I just can't handle them Flying Men, man. Weirdest thing is? My friends who are super against items and stages with cheap factors to them (This includes Final Destination due to the "lip"), Magicant's like their favorite stage in series history because of the Flying Men. They see it as a strategy element, or something, rather than obnoxious 5th Players who serve the person lucky enough to have accidentally hit one.
Well, it does turn the upper-right platform into King of the Hill, which is kind of neat

Zubz

Banned
Well, it does turn the upper-right platform into King of the Hill, which is kind of neat

Kinda? They're still obnoxious, though; why not just make a King of the Hill mode or something along those lines.

Honestly, this might be the first time you're probably right.

It'll be as a boss character, though.

I do recall him once mentioning "a broken skeleton is right twice a day..."

PKGaming

Banned
I love everything about Magicant....except the Flying Men. It's really annoying too because that stage is like a love letter to Mother fans. But the Flying Men just make it so annoying to fight on.

SalvaPot

I know this been mentioned before, But I'll love if Boss mode... means you can fight AS the Bosses. It would make sense that they would be Wii U exclusive and even if they are incredibly unbalanced it would sure be lost of fun.

Playable Bosses is all I want from the Wii U version, everything else is extra.

Kinsei

Banned
Figured I'd try my hand at this "Nintendo Direct Bingo" deal. To explain a bit better (I couldn't get text to look good on here)...

Row 1: Any of these characters (Ridley, Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Metal Face) are mentioned. Not only if they're playable, not only if they're stage bosses, not only as a "Sorry we cut them; please understand" moment, but so long as they're mentioned at all.

Row 2: 3rd Party Trophies, Duck Hunt Dog Reveal Trailer, Wrecking Crew stage, explanation on Master Orders/Crazy Orders, and the same rule for Row 1 applied to the Chorus Kids.

Row 3: We're given an end date for Sakurai's Posts of the Day, Temple Returns, DLC explained, and Trophy Quiz returning from the first direct.

Row 4: Boss Battles shown, Great Cave Offensive stage, 8-Player Smash revealed, Board Game mode revealed, Isaac mentioned in any way.

Row 5: Sakurai hosts, Bayonetta 2's acknowledged in any way (It does come out today...), Wuhu Island stage, Bowser Jr./Koopalings Reveal Trailer, Spotlight on My Music.

My guess for the PotD is that we're getting something minimal telling us to stay tuned for the Direct. Also, I apologize, but please excuse my MS Paint skills. Of which I have none.

That card might get a bingo. I think diagonally from top left to bottom right has a good chance of happening.

Neiteio

Maybe we'll see a censored Bowser Jr pic tonight lol
Picture: Sakurai sitting in his swivel chair, legs spread wide, and a massive censor bar between them, dropping to the ground and noodling out the door where an intern can be seen tripping over it.

Caption: "Hi everyone -- say hi to your mother for me."

Picture: Sakurai sitting in his swivel chair, legs spread wide, and a massive censor bar between them, dropping to the ground and noodling out the door where an intern can be seen tripping over it.

Caption: "Hi everyone -- say hi to your mother for me."

You should see your Doctor...your hentai-addiction is taking
crazy
hand :p

Im kidding, I guess we will get somekind of trolling today :D

You should see your Doctor...your hentai-addiction is taking
crazy
hand :p

Im kidding, I guess we will get somekind of trolling today :D

Did someone say "Doctor"?

Dr_Kong.png

Doctor Dongs reporting for duty!

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

linko9

So each fighter gets an epithet, neat. Did it do that in the 3DS version? I've only played like an hour so far...

those say: "king of the jungle" (or something close) and "??? bounty hunter." Yeah... that's all I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom