• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKGaming

Banned
That's really neat, I love the detail. The Boxing Ring (FD version at least) is looking like the perfect stage for serious 1 on 1 fights just based on cosmetics.

Shun

Marth, Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel.

Quite accurate to what kind of character Marth is in his respective Fire Emblem games. Terrible sister complex and with an entire cast fawning over him.

You could say he's the Narukami Yu of Fire Emblem.

This must be a hint that either Dixie Kong or Ridley will be announced tomorrow!

Or it's just tournament mode
SPAINKILLER CONFIRMED REAL!

Man...i didn't think there would be any differences between 3DS & WiiU shared stages. Please Metal Face, pls don't be a boss.

Yo seriously, Spainkiller leak is real. Basically confirmed at this point. I bet another 200 coin Club Nintendo game for reals. Who wants to bet? Do you dare throw away your coins? (100% serious on this bet. Going asleep now but if you take on the bet, and Spainkiller characters are confirmed, you'll owe me a CN game worth 200 coins and vice-versa. All 4 characters have to be confirmed playable for me to win, and proper characters and not some "playable boss" mode, but it can be in anyway, DLC, connecting versions, etc.)
I 100% think we will get DLC tomorrow announced, but it'll probably be someone noone guessed. I will put my coins on the line for SpainKiller tho!

AdanVC

Let's not forget the greatest resource for naming characters in Smash

vybgowhtpqt4.jpg

zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
So Ridley and Dixie will be announced in this direct right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
illust.jpg

Would have been cool if they made Pucnh-Out styled graphics for everyone. Also odd they chose to use Samus rather than Mac for this PotD.

Tomorrow's presentation will have 50 things. There are 48 characters, 2 of which we already have aliases for. I predict 1-46 of tomorrow's presentation will be Iwata reading the aliases off a list, one by one. I predict that the last four will be:

47. Metal Face is a stage boss on Pyrosphere.
48. Flying Man will appear on every stage in the Wii U version.
49. Little Mac has been nerfed, but only in the Wii U version.
50. Ridley will appear on the title screen as a static image. Other M design.

Golnei

What's so odd?

It doesn't really fit as a descriptive phrase compared to the other characters' titles, and while it works fine on his "joins the battle" line, it'd look really weird displayed on the screen next to his name.

Would hope not. Next Level Games deserves the chance to make a sequel.

But they're already working on the next Kid Icarus game with Treasure.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
Awwww yeeeaaahhh

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So much hype. Kind of odd they're doing the direct tomorrow though. Wonder what Friday's special POTD will be.

Something that was shown in the Direct most likely seeing as the Direct comes before the next PotD.

Or maybe there will be a new PotD straight away and we won't get one tomorrow at the usual time. It has happened before.

Pompadour

The Punch Out!! Wii dev did such a great job, though. It would be a shame if they didn't get to make a new Punch Out in the future.

Punch-Out!! for Wii was an amazing game but it faces two big problems: 1) it apparently sold like shit and 2) Punch-Out!! isn't easy sequel material. For a sequel you either have to create an all-new lineup of characters (which Disco Kid, the sole original fighter, wasn't that great and there's only a few great leftovers) or change up the gameplay in some way that would probably ruin the beautiful simplicity of Punch-Out!!

I'd still like a sequel with Dragon Chan, Narcis Prince, Masked Muscle, the Bruiser Brothers, and maybe some of the weirdos from Arm Wrestling like Frank Jr. I was really hoping that Bald Bull's Title Defense fight would have been Mask X, at least.

Punch-Out!! for Wii was an amazing game but it faces two big problems: 1) it apparently sold like shit and 2) Punch-Out!! isn't easy sequel material. For a sequel you either have to create an all-new lineup of characters (which Disco Kid, the sole original fighter, wasn't that great and there's only a few great leftovers) or change up the gameplay in some way that would probably ruin the beautiful simplicity of Punch-Out!!

I'd still like a sequel with Dragon Chan, Narcis Prince, Masked Muscle, the Bruiser Brothers, and maybe some of the weirdos from Arm Wrestling like Frank Jr. I was really hoping that Bald Bull's Title Defense fight would have been Mask X, at least.

I'd love another Punch Out, it's my favorite NES game and I love the Wii version. I think they should release it as a budget title though, at 40 dollars or less. I didn't actually buy the newest version til it was 20 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom