• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that, so far, there are 3 (maybe 4) traveling stages confirmed.

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island
*Mario Kart 8 (tentative)

Seriously, that's way too bloody much.

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island

I'd rather have Mario Circuit than old Mario Circuit, and I'd rather have Skyloft than Palutena's Temple. Traveling stages aren't a bad thing.

Bowser Jr.'s trailer just made me sad thinking about how insanely hype it would have been prior to us knowing Bowser Jr. was in the game. Imagine the sheer insanity of suddenly seeing all the Koopalings and having the revelation that they were his alternate costumes.

So is it time yet to hope that Smash 5 is the one where Metroid has decent representation?

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island

Traveling stages tend to be at least decent. They're definitely better than the bloody humungous/downright awful stages that the Wii U version seems to be populated with.

Jawmuncher

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island

If they are on par with Delfino Plaza i'm all in for them.
MK8 was a poor mans moving stage though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island

I prefer traveling stages to stages with bosses. This direct fucking ruined Garden of Hope for me.

I'm sure this has been posted already (forget which thread), but just for emphasis:

HV2npuA.jpg

Bowser Jr.'s trailer just made me sad thinking about how insanely hype it would have been prior to us knowing Bowser Jr. was in the game. Imagine the sheer insanity of suddenly seeing all the Koopalings and having the revelation that they were his alternate costumes.

I was thinking about that; would've been incredible.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Everything talking about Mewtwo but no one talking about the infinitely more important fact of having Jigglypuff as a starter character, she finally gets the recognition she deserves!

Finally, all 4 original secret characters are starter characters now.

What are you talking a....

B0qreDNIgAEpoLN.jpg

BOUUUUUUUUUUUT!?!

MEGATON! 10/10! GAME OF THE YEAR! GAME OF THE FOREVER!

tumblr_inline_mfjy0jdcdd1rtjr21.gif

I was very thrilled with this update since I really want Kid Icarus Codec happening ever since I played KI:U. I'm glad that I got my wish. :)

Smash 64 has a better list of stages than any other smash game so far IMO.

B0qu83bIUAA5gNp.png

YESYESYESYES.

We don't know if the opening would be like Brawl, edited version of all trailers into one.

Dryk

*Skyloft
*Delfino Plaza
*Wu Hu Island

By Smash 6 everything with be either a travelling stage, walk-off or scrolling stage

EDIT: And they'll all have bosses

random25

The way they made it sound, it'll only be hand-picked drawings. I doubt it'll be text because it'll be difficult to read sentences mid-match.

Though that is what most likely will happen, it would be fun if text messages are displayed. Just simple one-liner funny quotes would be really good.

Neiteio

At 15:42 in the Direct, during the Smash Tour segment, you can see a Zinger trophy in the lower-right corner.

As a DKC fan, I am pleased to see more DKC trophies, especially of Zinger!

I'd rather have Mario Circuit than old Mario Circuit, and I'd rather have Skyloft than Palutena's Temple. Traveling stages aren't a bad thing.

Traveling stages tend to be at least decent. They're definitely better than the bloody humungous/downright awful stages that the Wii U version seems to be populated with.

If they are on par with Delfino Plaza i'm all in for them.
MK8 was a poor mans moving stage though.

I prefer traveling stages to stages with bosses. This direct fucking ruined Garden of Hope for me.

Yeah, I'm not saying that they're bad (most of them, the F-Zero and Rainbow Road ones can piss off), but there's way too many of them. I wish they were closer to how Prism Tower is.

And yeah, boss stages can completely fuck off. Still have no idea how anyone could think that those were good ideas for stages. I mean, wouldn't it have been better to have bosses be separate and more fleshed out? Master Core was a fantastic boss, and I'd love to fight more Nintendo bosses if they were as fun as him.

Jawmuncher

Boss Stages oddly enough to me feel like something better suited to a 8 player match.
But then again the stages are fewer for that so it's would cut stages so no thanks.

Vyse24

Right now I'm imagining what it would've been like if this one was the one they showed at E3.

By Smash 6 everything with be either a travelling stage, walk-off or scrolling stage

EDIT: And they'll all have bosses
"Good news for Smash fans! We all know that Final Destination needs some spicing up, so now it features a super-fun stage boss: Master Hand! He'll randomly show up to attack the fighters, and be careful! He might even rip and reveal the Master Core!"

"Oh, also Final Destination is a walkoff because of reasons."

I can't stress enough how excited I am for this stage. Not only is it based on one of the most nostalgic games for me, the level itself looks awesome, and immense. Lots of tricky situations you can get yourself in, and it's huge! Parties at my house this final year will be so fun with the 8 player mode, especially in this stage!

Plus I know the music choices are going to be awesome. Dammmmn I feel like a little kid

georly

I like the way metal mario looks. Dunno why gifcam sped up my gif.

7OFaoAi.gif

I wonder if 2v2v2v2 will ever be tourney legal. Same w/ 4v4. I'd love to see those tourneys.

At least a 'for the fun of it', top 8 temas do a 2v2v2v2

EulaCapra

I wonder if lowering the 8-player count down to 5 or 6 opens up more stages to play.

Weird that they would include the entire stage select screen almost entirely grayed out. Even weirder that Omega mode opens up more stages to access. Extreme weirdness to make Melee Yoshi Island 8-player compatible.

Josh5890

So have we confirmed everything that can transfer from the 3DS to the Wii-U? Just custom moves and custom characters? Or more like trophies, unlocked characters?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I'm not saying that they're bad (most of them, the F-Zero and Rainbow Road ones can piss off), but there's way too many of them. I wish they were closer to how Prism Tower is.

And yeah, boss stages can completely fuck off. Still have no idea how anyone could think that those were good ideas for stages. I mean, wouldn't it have been better to have bosses be separate and more fleshed out? Master Core was a fantastic boss, and I'd love to fight more Nintendo bosses if they were as fun as him.

Yeah, I don't know a single person that actually enjoys the bullshit that happens in Magicant and Wily's Castle. Sucks to toss Gaur Plains and Pyrosphere on top of that.

Neiteio

Have to say that it was pretty lazy of them calling a glowing Ridley, Meta Ridley.
Yeah, I had to watch that part a couple times to make sure I wasn't missing something, lol.

I'm impressed how Ridley looks overall, though. An assist character that counts for KOs and has a Super Saiyan mode. Good variety of ground attacks, plus he can attack below the stage, etc. Looks good with the smooth animation and lighting.

I wonder if lowering the 8-player count down to 5 or 6 opens up more stages to play.

Weird that they would include the entire stage select screen almost entirely grayed out. Even weirder that Omega mode opens up more stages to access. Extreme weirdness to make Melee Yoshi Island 8-player compatible.
It seems odd to me that they would cherry pick which stages were 8-player compatible. If it were me I would at least include the option to pick whichever stages, with maybe certain "recommended" stages for your game size. I mean, if you're going to have a huge, chaotic battle with eight players why not go the extra mile and stick it on a stage the size of Fountain of Dreams for shits and giggles?

I don't know why people are still doing this to themselves. Sakurai doesn't like Metroid and doesn't want Ridley playable. The dream is dead.
Wait for Project M to add him instead.

God Other M looks ugly. In motion it's easy to not pay much attention and just forget how godawful the design is, but in a screenshot...

Hey guys I missed the Nintendo Direct today and I can't find it on YouTube or anywhere. Has it been posted online yet for people who missed it? Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, I looked through the thread and at the OP and didn't see anything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just woke up. I blame you for making me stay up :mad:

Disappointed that no Wolf or Bayonetta. Oh well, there's now a floodgate for DLC at least.

O8cn72J.png

This was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom