• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, there is a Yarn Yoshi stage. Which is very odd, since the game isn't launched until 2015.

Oooh, I missed that. Thanks!

So if I had to make a list of what I'm most looking forward to about this game right now, I think this would be it.

Things I'm Super Exicited For:
  • The new graphics
  • New Donkey Kong stage
  • New Yoshi stage
  • Ridley being called simply a boss character over and over
  • The Palutena stuff!!!
  • The music!
  • Return of stuff like event mode, end movies
  • If I understand what trophy box is, that's awesome!
  • Photo studio/Paint!!!! And sharing!
  • Tournaments! (This is pretty much something everyone wanted, right??)
  • Stage Builder looks great!

Things I Need to See More Of:
  • Danger Zones
  • Smash Tour. Does this look fun? I'm not sure.
  • Mewtwo. Spring is a long way away, and I was more excited before I realized that we're not getting PM Mewtwo.

Things I Found Really Disappointing:
  • Most of the stages. Some really poor choices too, although N64 stages give me hope.
  • The fact that Omega mode apparently made them think they can just add a ton of shit to each stage.
  • The new classic mode looks annoying to play through.
  • Even the new Target Blast still looks not fun.
  • Special Orders look lame, though should be good for farming coins.
  • Bowser Jr. trailer kinda sucked.
  • But seriously, some of those stages are really really bad.

Things I Don't Care About:
  • Eight player Smash
  • Coin battle, stamina battle, special modes
  • Group Stadium
  • Masterpieces
  • Amiibo
  • Voice Chat

Some good, some bad, some parts where I was sleepy, but those creative sharing options and tournaments alone will be enough to keep me busy for a loooong time.

Neoxon

So, if Spainkiller's leak isn't true, why Dixie Kong?

Not Lucas, or Wolf?

I understand the Chorus Kids though w/ Gematsu.
Isn't Ridley's boss model the Ridley moving model in question? He was probably cut from the 3DS version (along with Pyrosphere) due to technical reasons. The same reason why Metal Face isn't on the 3DS version. Spainkiller's source is still fair game.

Drago

My only hope for DLC is that Lucas and Wolf can make it back alongside Mewtwo but I'm thinking that it won't happen. I'd rather be pessimistic than optimistic about veteran DLC, especially since Lucas and Wolf are nowhere near was requested as Mewtwo :(

Jawmuncher

I forgot so many people in SmashGAF loathe Daisy.
Even though she's the best Mario Character.

icm3a1rr4evo8ogcza.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is the Jungle Hijinxs "two planes" gimmick based on Tropical Freeze, or was that mechanic in DKC Returns as well?

I'm pretty sure the part the stage is based on is the first occurrence of that in Returns in fact.

Thank you - I've seen so many people talking shit about stages that add new elements and creative features when they haven't even tried them out yet.

It's fine to add gimmick stages (personally, Great Cave Offense and Jungle Hijinx look really fun). It's not fine when every other stage is also has a gimmick/intrusive stage hazard..

Jawmuncher

Like i've said before.
I'll never put any hope into a text only rumor regardless of the source.
I need the goods or some really concrete evidence. What we got aint that.

Cedric

So since the secret character vid that was teased the other day wasn't shown at the Nintendo Direct, does that mean we might get one other final Smash one? Weird how they'd show Bowser Jr's trailer in the but not the other one. They could also show it as a Pic of the Day kinda thing (they did that with Shulk right?), but I feel it's less hype.

Jawmuncher

So since the secret character vid that was teased the other day wasn't shown at the Nintendo Direct, does that mean we might get one other final Smash one? Weird how they'd show Bowser Jr's trailer in the but not the other one. They could also show it as a Pic of the Day kinda thing (they did that with Shulk right?), but I feel it's less hype.

Shulks was a part of a nintendo direct for the New 3DS.
Think we'll see the DHD reveal before the WiiU release attached to some sort of direct.
Probably a general one, since this direct was a blow out on smash wiiU. So can't see a focused smash one again.

Cedric

Shulks was a part of a nintendo direct for the New 3DS.
Think we'll see the DHD reveal before the WiiU release attached to some sort of direct.
Probably a general one, since this direct was a blow out on smash wiiU. So can't see a focused smash one again.

ahhh true, forgot about the Xenoblade 3DS announcement. If there's more I gotta feeling we might have another secret character in store.

Ryce

Thanks to everyone who answered my DKC Returns question. I should get around to playing those games.

I know I probably shouldn't be, but I'm still really hopeful for the Chorus Kids. It's not just Gematsu and Spainkiller -- the absence of any significant Rhythm Heaven content (be it a stage or assist trophy) is really conspicuous to me. I can clearly visualize the Chorus Kids running around on a DLC Rhythm Heaven stage. Just think of all the music possibilities...

Cse

Banned
I still stand by my guess. The reason Mewtwo is taking so long is because he's gonna be bundled with the Chorus Kids & Dixie Kong.

You heard it here first.

Actually, I feel the exact opposite - I think he's taking so long because he was only decided on just a few months ago. Or less.

I honestly think Mewtwo is the only DLC in the works at the moment. I mean, they couldn't even show us any in game footage of him, meaning work probably just started very recently. They way he was presented at the end of the trailer, while exciting, just seemed a little amateur. It almost feels as if Mewtwo was originally on the roster, scrapped because something wasn't working out, and then started up again just a few weeks or so ago.

Kjellson

Today we have gotten two things that Americans needs to do as soon as they get the game.

1. Upload all the Boxing Ring aliases
2. Upload all the Kid Icarus conversations

georly

Today we have gotten two things that Americans needs to do as soon as they get the game.

1. Upload all the Boxing Ring aliases
2. Upload all the Kid Icarus conversations

Hopefully I'll be livestreaming on the 18th (no promises). We might do some requests, but it'll mainly be me playing w/ family/friends.

WonderzL

Banned
So... where is this music from? I mean, it's on Wooly World's trailer, but is that original from the game? I really don't know. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been unable to read you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom