• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
entry12-3_1.jpg

what's burpee sesh

AdaWong

Wow, the 3DS version really looks half-assed compared to the WiiU version.

I'm still so fucking mad WHY did they remove Special Smash from 3DS?! Don't tell me it couldn't handle it since Smash Run has all variations already.

Ugh.

Kinsei

Banned
I think its a nice addition. Subspace by itself was bland and drawn out but using a small snippit of similar gameplay in combination with a crazy boss fight looks like it could be a nice change of pace.

I'm expecting something more similar to Smash Run than SSE.

Berordn

I'm still so fucking mad WHY did they remove Special Smash from 3DS?! Don't tell me it couldn't handle it since Smash Run has all variations already.

Perhaps there were some combinations that caused issues, and only letting you pick one of the modes was deemed unacceptable based on how Special Smash appeared in Brawl and will appear in 4?

Kind of wish they'd have half-assed it rather than cut it entirely, but at least it's coming back in the legitimate real Wii U version.

Ugh.

DLC shop is all but confirmed for Smash 3DS.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When's Big Big Blue?

I agreed. I really dislike Aero City one since I always preferred Big Blue in Brawl. Hopefully Big Blue is a secret stage. *cross his fingers*

Pirate Ship is the only missing stage that really bums me out. Between Toon Link's presence and Wind Waker HD, it's the perfect stage to bring back.

Hopefully it's a secret stage because I think Toon Link should have Pirate Ship stage back.

『Inaba Resident』;135662032 said:
So can I play with a friend online in team battle against randoms or is that local only?

Local only, I bet. I would love it if I can invite my friend to join my team to face against random teams.

Speaking of, I'm sure you noticed the Prince Sable trophy in the Direct. Am hoping it means he's an AT there too.

Oh yeah. Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad to hear that.

do we have a NNID spreadsheet yet or are we waiting for the OT?

PM Oric and see what's up with it.

As someone who grew up with Pokemon Blue, and the first Pokemon movie, Mewtwo has a special place in my heard and him returning gets me so excited.

I really hope they capture how savage a Pokemon he is, especially with the new expressive faces this time around.

I want to feel his power when I play as him.

tumblr_mu2c4lISb61qcw656o7_500.gif

Hell, just give him that exact Swift attack from Origins.

Would you guys be interested in a compiled list of all the Wii U version music revealed today, like my stage list earlier? I'll have a little time later, and I'm thinking of doing it.

Right now I'm more disappointed by the lack of no new Metroid Prime stage. :\

Me too. I'm not surprised there isn't one, but I do at least wish Frigate Orpheon was returning. :(

I'm gonna be really upset if Smash party doesn't have online play.

Prepare to be disappointed, then; I'm fairly certain it doesn't, like Smash Run.

The gamecube adapter has an estimated available date of December 31 on amazon. Obviously that's a placeholder, but has there been news about when they will be widely available? I'm hoping they will be before the game actually releases.

They've said several times that the GameCube adapter is being released day and date with Smash Wii U. Nothing to worry about!

My brother! I KNOW, IT'S SO GOOD! I love the somber allusion to the Boss Battle theme, too. Between the music selection and the KI:U codecs, Palutena's Temple is truly Stage of the Forever. <3

God, that Boss Battle theme too. Kid Icarus Uprising really does have one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Cross-pollinating from another thread:

The stuff of which dreams are made

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko56iam.png

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko0oirm.png

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko63e4y.png

God, this is just so fucking cool. I know the Mario/Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man together in Smash thing has been beaten to death, but seeing Mega Man here among all the Nintendo greats, fighting Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings... it really does feel like Mega Man is right where he belongs. This is seriously all my wildest childhood gaming fantasies come true... it's straight up ridiculous. This just shouldn't be... and I love it.

Bowser Jr.'s whole trailer is pure gaming joy. Definitely worth the wait. My only regret about it is that we didn't get to see it before we knew he and the Koopalings are in the game. Imagine the hype that would have come from this trailer if we hadn't. Imagine it.

Does "Opening" mean what I hope it means?

Oh wow, great catch! I'm hyped for an actual opening in the Wii U version!

Zero173

So...since the Gamecube Controller Adapter takes up 2 ports, if you're using an external hard drive, you won't be able to connect 2 of them to your Wii U it seems. Unless someone else has a solution?

Neiteio

God, this is just so fucking cool. I know the Mario/Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man together in Smash thing has been beaten to death, but seeing Mega Man here among all the Nintendo greats, fighting Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings... it really does feel like Mega Man is right where he belongs. This is seriously all my wildest childhood gaming fantasies come true... it's straight up ridiculous. This just shouldn't be... and I love it.

Bowser Jr.'s whole trailer is pure gaming joy. Definitely worth the wait. My only regret about it is that we didn't get to see it before we knew he and the Koopalings are in the game. Imagine the hype that would have come from this trailer if we hadn't. Imagine it.
Yeah, I would've lost my goddamn mind with hype if they'd shown that Bowser Jr. trailer before we knew him and the Koopalings were in the game. They're pretty much my favorite Mario characters. And they bring such exquisite cartoon violence to Smash!

Trophies from Direct

Final Smash trophies
Nabbit
Propeller Mario - NSMB
Rainbow Mario
Banana Peel
Mario + Bike
Toad+ Quacker
Daisy (Sluggers)
Funky Kong
Fish Poker Pops
Majora's Mask
TriForce Slash (Toon Link) - Windwaker?
King of Red Lions- Windwaker?
Toon Zelda - Windwaker?
Toon Ganondorf - Windwaker?
Aryll- Windwaker?
Tetra- Windwaker?
Medli- Windwaker?
Impa (Elderly)
Owlan
Windfish
Honedge - PKMN XY
Clawizter - PKMN XY
Pyroar - PKMN XY
Mega Mewtwo
Mike Kirby
Lor Starcutter
Broom Hatter
Poppy Bro Jr.
Mike
Ridley
Samus's Ship
KK Slider
Brewster- Animal Crossing Wild World
Harriet- Animal Crossing Wild World
Celeste- Animal Crossing Wild World
Katie- Animal Crossing Wild World
James McCloud (FZero)
Green haired pegasus female knight
Peckish Aristocrab - Distant Planet and Indigenous Creatures
Doc Louis
Fiora
Hogan's Alley can
Wrestler poster
Roll
Bass
FF2 protags
Art Academy Guy

Hothead
Pauline
Wario Bike
Togepi
Squirtle
Waluigi
Tingle
Coins
Food
Maxim Tomato
Superspicy Curry
Toon Link- Windwaker?
Gate- Wii Fit Plus/U
Arm and Leg Lift - Wii Fit Plus/U
Electrode -Pokemon
Pokemon Trainer
Sylveon- PKMN XY
Gogoat- PKMN XY
Inkay- PKMN XY
Spewpa- PKMN XY
Swirlix- PKMN XY
Mr. Saturn
Dunban
Devil
Dr. Wright
Prince Sable
Dr. Kawashima
Blinky

megaMit

Neo Member
has anyone pointed this out yet?
tumblr_inline_ndxkvgVTdK1s0dr91.png

how are you supposed to get alt trophies if you final smash trophies in allstar mode? maybe each character trophy has a set of alternate palettes and poses to choose from for the photos?

Anth0ny

So...since the Gamecube Controller Adapter takes up 2 ports, if you're using an external hard drive, you won't be able to connect 2 of them to your Wii U it seems. Unless someone else has a solution?

You're probably screwed. Kinda sucks. Basically don't buy digital if you want to play with 8 players all using GC controllers.

Also I want Ice Climbers as DLC so we can have 16 Climbers on screen at once.

pokeballs on high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom