• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

also
1414113400576.png

It's definitely weird, I'll give you that. All of the bosses in Brawl had official renders and that should carry over here, so there's no reason (other than being a placeholder) to use a completely different Ridley head. It's not impossible that this is a placeholder, but the game is less than a month out.

Josh5890

Hey guys I missed the Nintendo Direct today and I can't find it on YouTube or anywhere. Has it been posted online yet for people who missed it? Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, I looked through the thread and at the OP and didn't see anything.

Go to the nintendo direct website.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's definitely weird, I'll give you that. All of the bosses in Brawl had official renders and that should carry over here, so there's no reason (other than being a placeholder) to use a completely different Ridley head. It's not impossible that this is a placeholder, but the game is less than a month out.

Other M Ridley's head is too big.

I think Sakurai is actually playing with us, don't get me wrong, I almost lost hope until I saw that and just thought, what if he was just throwing a red herring? Besides, it's fun to speculate!

I really hate to do this, but just entertaining the thought for a moment that there is another smaller form of Ridley that is playable, I imagine the difference between the two would be similar to that of Bowser to Giga Bowser.

Sakurai could literally say "gtfo Ridley will never EVER be playable as long as I'm directing Smash Bros" and people would STILL believe....

Fiktion

Banned
So do you guys want to see the Melee Mewtwo voiceclips come back?

Or would you prefer they update it with the female voice actress from the latest movie?

I really hate to do this, but just entertaining the thought for a moment that there is another smaller form of Ridley that is playable, I imagine the difference between the two would be similar to that of Bowser to Giga Bowser.

It's certainly possible, and he already has most of what is needed to be playable (seriously, his own stock?). Really, I can see him being DLC or in Smash 5.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if he just remained as a boss only. Still can't get over how amazing he looks.

Sakurai could literally say "gtfo Ridley will never EVER be playable as long as I'm directing Smash Bros" and people would STILL believe....

No, then people would complain "Sakurai needs to be replaced..."

Do you guys want to see the Melee voiceclips come back?

Or would you prefer they update it with the female voice actress from the latest movie?

In terms of mindshare there are probably more people who played melee or watched the first movie and would be interested in playing smash than people who saw the recent movie. Likewise, the demand seems heavily based on the older stuff because it existed before that movie did. It makes a lot more sense to go with the older voicework in my opinion.

Fiktion

Banned
I'm sure they'll update the voice to reflect the recent anime movie's English voice.

It would be an interesting way to add another female to the Smash roster.

In terms of mindshare there are probably more people who played melee or watched the first movie and would be interested in playing smash than people who saw the recent movie. Likewise, the demand seems heavily based on the older stuff because it existed before that movie did. It makes a lot more sense to go with the older voicework in my opinion.

I'd say that considering the gap with Brawl, where Mewtwo just sort of vanished, it might make sense to play them off as separate characters with their own identities.

It would be an interesting way to add another female to the Smash roster.

I'd say that considering the gap with Brawl, where Mewtwo just sort of vanished, it might make sense to play them off as separate characters with their own identities.

After looking the voice up, I really hope they just reuse the melee voice. It's just... bad..

Neiteio

In the Bowser Jr. trailer, when he drills into Mario's shield-bubble, it sounds like something out of the Star Wars prequels, which is to say, the sound design is so good

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wouldn't mind if the next Smash took a back-to-basics approach like Smash 64 in terms of stages, and every stage was a relatively simple arena with a few, non-intrusive hazards. Also make them visually nice to look at, maybe not even based off a certain area, but themed after a game with elements from various games in the series.

The snout doesn't mean anything. This is the icon used for boss Ridley. If there were a playable Ridley, he would be using a different icon. The only possibility would be Sakurai intentionally misleading fans with the wrong icon. That seems farfetched at this point, though.

The snout doesn't mean anything. This is the icon used for boss Ridley. If there were a playable Ridley, he would be using a different icon. The only possibility would be Sakurai intentionally misleading fans with the wrong icon. That seems farfetched at this point, though.

Then why not use a screenshot of Other M Ridley and Photoshop his head into an icon? I think he is tricking us. Either way, I am riding this hype train to my eternal death.

Oh man, a small thing for me but I just realized Akari Kaida, the lady who did Breath of Fire III and Megaman Battle Network's soundtrack is a composer in the Wii U version. A part of me really hopes that is a sign she'll be remixing a Battle Network track for Wily's Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom