• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

So... where is this music from? I mean, it's on Wooly World's trailer, but is that original from the game? I really don't know. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been unable to read you guys.
It's a rearrangement of the trailer song (and probably main theme) of Woolly World. It's a little different from the original song, it's more upbeat.

and it sounds divine

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It should've been Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Diddy Kong in that trailer tbh, since we'd have "Mario Characters" vs. the Koopalings.

Cross-pollinating from another thread:

The stuff of which dreams are made

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko56iam.png

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko0oirm.png

ssb-wiiu-bowserjr.-ko63e4y.png

Not a huge fan of "generic and featureless canyon/desert area", but those shots are really damn good. I would've preferred it if the Koopalings came by the Airships, to go with the Brawl Airship theme they used in the trailer.

Neiteio

It should've been Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Diddy Kong in that trailer tbh, since we'd have "Mario Characters" vs. the Koopalings.
They're still trying to convey the fact this is a Smash game, hence an all-stars lineup of heroes from different franchises, thwarting the newly arrived threat

RomanceDawn

Didn't Spainkiller talk about his source saying all the models he's seen were on the 3DS version? Of course that could have meant that Ridley was a hazard there as well but I'm not gonna give up hope for Ridley until DLC is confirmed to be all said and done.

Neiteio

Could you imagine the hype if they had released this trailer before we learned he was in the game?
I think there'd be a smoking impact crater wherever I was sitting when I saw it

Seriously, I -still- cannot get over the fact Sakurai made such a perfect newcomer

Watch Da Birdie

Could you imagine the hype if they had released this trailer before we learned he was in the game?

Well, the trailer doesn't indicate they aren't simply alts....so...

"EIGHT SPACES WASTED? SERIOUSLY?"

That was me after the initial Mario Kart 8 hype of seeing them in wore off back in February.

Nanashrew

Banned
Not a huge fan of "generic and featureless canyon/desert area", but those shots are really damn good. I would've preferred it if the Koopalings came by the Airships, to go with the Brawl Airship theme they used in the trailer.

If Sakurai did that I would hope to see an airship stage. Now I really want an airship stage.

Also hi SmashGAF! I'm back after being busy and losing electricity from a freak storm (still somewhat am though =/)

Neiteio

So that Wrecking Crew stage looks neat. Seems that new floors continually topple down as you trigger the bombs that destroy the supports. I wonder how many floors you can bring down? Or maybe I'm missing something about how the game worked.

Masked Man

I said wow
I still stand by my guess. The reason Mewtwo is taking so long is because he's gonna be bundled with the Chorus Kids & Dixie Kong.

You heard it here first.

Chorus Kids GET IN MY VEINS <3

Anyone want to take a bet with me on Chorus Kids? I don't think they're going to happen.

Heyyy, don't be such a spoilsport. Believe! :p

I forgot so many people in SmashGAF loathe Daisy.
Even though she's the best Mario Character.

icm3a1rr4evo8ogcza.gif

lmao This is hilarious. I love that "Daisy defends herself" song that someone put together.

It's a rearrangement of the trailer song (and probably main theme) of Woolly World. It's a little different from the original song, it's more upbeat.

and it sounds divine

It most certainly does sound divine. It most certainly does.

jnWake

Only bad thing about the 8 player stages is that we don't have new DK/Kirby stages that are playable (as in, fun) with only 4 players.

Even though there may be some unlocked stages?

Remember that time someone asked for everyone's stance on Mewtwo being in the game? With the google doc and stuff?

I explicitly remember saying that if he isn't, he'll be DLC. I stood by that stance after the ESRB leak and the 3DS launch, and I WAS RIGHT.

:')

Zomba13

Seeing the canyon used in a bunch of trailers (Bowser Jr, Mega Man, Greninja/Charizard and I guess that Mii trailer for that pop group they had playing at the Japanese demo place) I'm surprised we haven't had a "Smash Canyon" stage.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Only bad thing about the 8 player stages is that we don't have new DK/Kirby stages that are playable (as in, fun) with only 4 players.

Even though there may be some unlocked stages?

If some of the fighters still have to be unlocked, there has to be unlockable stages.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Um, guys, explain this?

MZffyfY.jpg

No no, don't pay attention to the text---the picture of the far left of the screen.

Why is Doc Louis there? He only appears on the Result Screen.

Well, Doc Louise trophy was founded in Assist Trophy section so I suspected that he's an assist trophy in U version only.

Jawmuncher

They said the Miiverse Stage was only to be pictures didn't they?
Even though if it was text floating through it would be worth just having long matches to laugh at all of them.

AdanVC

I've been watchin' the Bowser Jr. trailer dozens of times now and I think it's one of my fave reveal trailers now. This is how a true boss battle should be <3. Also, I love how they just put Megaman in there. He just fits SO well in the world of Nintendo.

Does "Opening" mean what I hope it means?

Hnnngh yes please!! I'm still sad that there's no opening in the 3DS version. The Wii U version NEEDS to have it, is what brings you the chills so you can start playing Smash Bros properly.

Watch Da Birdie

Melee had 11 Secret Stages, Brawl had 12 Secret Stages, so I'm gonna round it up to 15 possible Secret Wii U Stages...

I assume the one in the Direct was the Starting Stage List, whereas Congo Jungle and Smashville, seen in the site update, are secret stages...

1. Congo Jungle (64)
2. Dream Land (64)
3. Yoshi's Island (64)

First off, I think we'll see the three stages that were ported from 64 to Melee all return, so these three. We don't have a "normal" Kirby or Yoshi level yet, so they'd be nice. Yoshi having three stages feels a bit off, but then again, Melee Yoshi Island is just from Super Mario World.

4. Pokemon Stadium 2

Spear Pillar won't happen since Palkia is a PokeBall, and I can't see them not giving Pokemon a retro stage.

5. WarioWare
6. Distant Planet
7. Flatzone 2

I think these three will return from the 3DS to give Wario, Pikmin, and GW a retro stage, that way all the non-3RD party series have at least one retro stage in the Wii U Version. I actually don't think GW will have a new stage this time around. I think Wrecking Crew will be his home-stage.

8. Mario Bros

They brought back 75M, I can see them bringing this back.

9. Smashville

10. Magicant
11. Mute City

Both these stages seem like they could be ported to the Wii U easily enough, and I don't see Sakurai taking the time to make more original Mother/F-Zero Stages.

11. New Pokemon Stage. It's one of their biggest series, I think we'll see another new one. Hopefully a city locale to match the 3DS layout of Elite Four/City. I'm thinking something from Black and White.

12. Wind Waker HD Stage. There's a lot of Wind Waker Trophies we saw, I don't see it being ignored, stage-wise.

13. 3rd Kid Icarus Stage. Probably something Underworldy, like a scrolling stage based on the original Kid Icarus. Sakurai bias, ahoy!

14. Bowser Stage. Something for Bowser and the Koopalings to call home. Bowser's Castle? The airships? Or Bowser World from 3D World even?

15. DHD Stage. Probably based off one of the Lightgun games, or a combination of them. Bet we'll see it in the reveal trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom