• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Æ |OT5| Waiting to go from Super to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only catches airborne folks (including backdashes). If you continually threaten an opponent with SPD you might condition them to jump away when the see the same set up coming, but then: BURRRRIIIIZZZAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Venfayth

Siberian Blizzard will catch anything airborne. Jumps, most backdashes, certain normals and special moves.

Juri's Close MK is airborne on startup, which means it can be used meaty against grapplers and cannot be command grabbed. If Gief wakes up with U2, though, she will count as airborne and will be grabbed.

Some backdashes move too far away to be grabbed, though. And Dan's is just never airborne :p

LakeEarth

Odd, yesterday I hit with Rose's slide in the corner, and the pushback was abnormally large. Like I hit him and bounced a quarter screen back. I had orbs activated, and they didn't hit because of it, that's how far back I "bounced". Never seen that happen before.

I watched the replay, and according to it I didn't slide at all, but did a regular c.mk. Did I just go for the slide but miss the input, but in my head think that I got the slide since the animations are kind of close? And so in my head it looked like the slide move "bounced back"? Is that what happened?

I've gone mad.

BizzyBum

I'm not too happy with the supposed cr.mk Ryu change.

• Ryu no longer has DP shortcut when special canceling crouching Medium Kick.
- This change has been made so Ryu players can walk up and hit cr. MK into Hadouken without risking a random Shoryuken.

This is a nerf in my eyes. Why? Because now Ryu cannot buffer a DP behind the cr.mk if you see your opponent using lots of focus attacks looking for that cancel into fireball.

It's basically a change made for scrubs.

Onemic

This is a nerf in my eyes. Why? Because now Ryu cannot buffer a DP behind the cr.mk if you see your opponent using lots of focus attacks looking for that cancel into fireball.

lol

When do you ever get a random srk when trying to get out a cr.mk xx FB? Never happened to me. It must be for people who just mash.

Rocwell

It's just the f, d, df, f motion that got removed right? You can still do cr.mk xx dp if you do the dp motion right?

gutabo

Gutabo, you have singlehandedly made me a better honda player with these safe jump setups. I didnt think they existed for Honda. Thanks for all the tech! I like the fwd throw ambiguous setups a lot more than the basic back throw safejump setup.

Thanks man, that means a lot to me, right on the feels!

Imm0rt4l

lol

When do you ever get a random srk when trying to get out a cr.mk xx FB? Never happened to me. It must be for people who just mash.
It happens because forward back forward input is srk shortcut. So if you're playing footsies it will come out. To mitigate

Imm0rt4l

Its not a Nerf you can still buffer. The key word is special cancel. You're not special canceling if you're whiffing.
forward back forward is an srk shortcut? I though it was only fwd-diagonal, fwd-diagonal?
Yep its actually bfb though. I've made a concerted effort to implement it into my aa game when playing footsies

xCobalt

It happens because forward back forward input is srk shortcut. So if you're playing footsies it will come out. To mitigate

Forward, back, forward isn't an input shortcut. Back, forward, back is an input error for reverse dp motions though. Off the top of my head, only gouken and fei have reverse dp motions.

LakeEarth

I'm down for less shortcuts. I remember in SFxT, King had a horribly punishable move that would come out by accident all the damned time. The slightest flicker from down to down forward would activate that move.

OceanBlue

I'm down for less shortcuts. I remember in SFxT, King had a horribly punishable move that would come out by accident all the damned time. The slightest flicker from down to down forward would activate that move.

KOF13 also has wonky shortcuts too that made some things a lot more of a hassle than they needed to be.

Onemic

Its not a Nerf you can still buffer. The key word is special cancel. You're not special canceling if you're whiffing.
Yep its actually bfb though. I've made a concerted effort to implement it into my aa game when playing footsies

wat. I never knew this. Implementing immediately.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The less shortcuts, the better. I personally think they should get rid of option selects too. Make it a more honest game. I don't use any of that stuff. I just rely on my own reactions and thought process to play the game. All of that stuff just builds bad habits.

Imm0rt4l

combofiend isn't a fan of option selects either. It's more a function of the games mechanics though. cr. mk x fireball is an option select when playing footsies, crouch teching too, so it's deeply ingrained in the meta game imo. I do think some os's can probably be pretty obnoxious and it does make the game less honest, but seeing a rose get punished for backdashing all day is pretty satisfying too.

Robot Pants

There's no way that one is real.

Just some friendly advice passass. You need to stop going so damn auto-pilot. Non-stop offense with no gameplan. Also you press tons of buttons when caught in a block string allowing me to delay a srk and hit you on counter.

Yeah too true. Whenever I get a good connection I just try to go in and loop. I can't react to fireballs right now either :[. That mash tech too.

xCobalt

The less shortcuts, the better. I personally think they should get rid of option selects too. Make it a more honest game. I don't use any of that stuff. I just rely on my own reactions and thought process to play the game. All of that stuff just builds bad habits.

How does option selects create bad habits?

Option selects have been around since SF2 I think. I'm sure if they wanted to fix it, they could.

BizzyBum

Was just in a lobby with Wolfkrone. Played him four times and went 0-4. He beat me with Sakura, Yang, Dudley, and Viper. lol

I did manage to get one round off him when he played Sakura. =D

I'm falling in love with the game again. it's time to go back to my roots for a while. the beast has been awoken from it's slumber. RISE!

sf-tron-4.jpg

xCobalt

Hopefully those matches weren't too boring for you BV lol. My reactions were terrible tonight. Couldn't anti air very well at all or do ex tatsu through Balrog's stuff.

You can get mid and upper level matches easily. If you're a beginner, be prepared to refresh the listings a lot unless you like playing against much more skilled opponents.

Thanks. I can hold my own, have been playing this on Xbox live however my gold just lapsed and don't feel like renewing just for one game.

Hopefully those matches weren't too boring for you BV lol. My reactions were terrible tonight. Couldn't anti air very well at all or do ex tatsu through Balrog's stuff.

All good. I had fun. I honestly can't stand a patient Gouken. Sagat vs Gouken is a bitch for Gat. Gouken has way too options to get around Gat's fireballs.

xCobalt

All good. I had fun. I honestly can't stand a patient Gouken. Sagat vs Gouken is a bitch for Gat. Gouken has way too options to get around Gat's fireballs.

Fortunately, I'm only patient if I have the life lead lol. I should have taken more risks with U2...I don't think I used it to punish your fireballs at all.

McNum

There's one thing I forgot to to ask... Anyone know how active the game is on PS3 in Europe?

And what's the best way to shake the Vs. Online Players dust off? Ranked? Player? Group? I'd like to avoid the high level people, they''ll just steamroller me and I won't be able to see what I did wrong, but I think I could learn some things fighting mid-level payers. Still get beat up, of course, but that's normal. Looking over my pre-AE stats, I have a 12% win rate online, so.. yeah. I have no illusions of winning most of my fights.

I'm going to train a bit of Gief again today, maybe dust off my old Sakura, too, see if i can still remember some of her EX Tatsu followups, but It would be silly to practice those moves and then not use them, so I should try getting online today. If there's anyone to fight, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom